Owego Apalachin School at it again!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The Owego Apalachin School district is at it again. They are proposing a contruction project that is filled with unessary improvements along with necessary ones.

First, They are putting lights on tennis courts, a soccer field and the football field. This is wonderful but, The softball field has no fence. The boys JV baseball field has no fence. The boys varsity field needs a new fence and dugouts.

Lights are great when you have no other place to improve, but there is obvious greater needs.

Who made these choices? I guess that the district isn't changed it is still the same with new leadership!

Guest Guest

Owego is not talented enough to be in stac and is to big for the IAC so they should consolidate with ue and vestal and then maybe they could have some pride.

Guest Guest
Owego is not talented enough to be in stac and is to big for the IAC so they should consolidate with ue and vestal and then maybe they could have some pride.

They wouldn't have to consolidate if they just took back the Tioga County area's that go to Broome County schools. For example Tioga Terrace in Apalachin that go to Vestal and Crestwood Heights that are in Tioga County that go to UE.

Where else in the state does this happen?

Guest Guest

All over the place! Kirkwood residents go to SV, as do Town of Bing. Some Dickinson residents go to JC, some to Binghamton.

Guest Guest

All over the place! Kirkwood residents go to SV, as do Town of Bing. Some Dickinson residents go to JC, some to Binghamton.

They live in one county(Tioga) and go to another counties (Broome)school?

Guest Guest

All these places you mentioned are still in Broome County. Do you know any districts that cross county lines?

Guest Guest

Some of the M-E district is in Tioga County.

Guest Guest
Union Endicott crosses county lines.

Yes, that is my point. Broome County schools takes away from Tioga County schools by allowing Tioga County residents go to Broome County schools. Owego/Apalachin schools would be more balenced iand competitive if they actually had the students who lived in Tioga county attending OA schools intead of Broome County schools.

Guest Guest
The Unatego School District covers parts of Otsego and Delaware counties. What's the big deal?

The deal is that Owego Apalachin could be move competitive if they had the students who live in Tioga Co. going to Tioga Co. Schools(Owego Apalachin).

Guest Guest
The deal is that Owego Apalachin could be move competitive if they had the students who live in Tioga Co. going to Tioga Co. Schools(Owego Apalachin).

Sports is NOT everything.

The Owego Apalachin School district is at it again. They are proposing a contruction project that is filled with unessary improvements along with necessary ones.

First, They are putting lights on tennis courts, a soccer field and the football field. This is wonderful but, The softball field has no fence. The boys JV baseball field has no fence. The boys varsity field needs a new fence and dugouts.

Lights are great when you have no other place to improve, but there is obvious greater needs.

Who made these choices? I guess that the district isn't changed it is still the same with new leadership!

there is more improvements that the sports fields, the windows in Apalachin Elem are being replaced, and he roof will be repaired in the high school... these are much more important than the sports improvements.

Guest Guest

The 'company line' is that there will be no new taxes. Correct. No NEW taxes. However local money will be used. It will come out of the district's capital reserve fund. They want to put smart boards in every classroom. WHAT! The cost is astounding. The technology is average. They want to light all the sports fields. How about repairing a few first? Throwing alot more money into the buildings will not make it a better school system. Vote no on March 25.

Guest Guest

I pay taxes in the O-A school district and just got another fancy mailing pushing for the vote. Great- how much did that cost me? The money they waste (my money) is amazing!!!!!

Do other school districts put out large color mailers and have an on-staff (paid) public relations hack?

Guest Guest

The Press was right (yes, I really said that! Did you read the Sunday paper front page?). It is impossible to get information from the O-A school district. I called a few times about the construction plan and got no answers and a runaround. I did not file a FOIL because it would not have arrived until after the vote.

Guest Guest
The Press was right (yes, I really said that! Did you read the Sunday paper front page?). It is impossible to get information from the O-A school district. I called a few times about the construction plan and got no answers and a runaround. I did not file a FOIL because it would not have arrived until after the vote.

What did you want to know?

Guest Guest

It is true, OFA sports are down. Athletics in Owego are a cycle, and they are in the down period. As for the improvements, they are continuing to stay ahead of the curve. There is nicest school/campus in the area and I'd put it up against any school in the state. The campus is beautiful and the school is aesthetically pleasing inside and out. Look at Vestal, UE, Binghamton, JC, SV, CV those schools look like something out of the twilight zone? Lets have some pride in our community.

Guest Owego Indian Pride

It's disturbing to me that the new superintendent does not respect the district's mascot. Notice that it has been removed from district mailers, and it's barely visible on their website. He also refuses to use it on his stationery.

Archived