Section IV 3200m

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I think some of the 3200m names have been left out and here is what I think is the complete list

Max Straneva 10 Chenango Valley

Jarred Cornfield 10 Corning

Nate Jacobson 11 EFA

Andris Goncarovs 10 Ithaca

Dan Craighead ?? 12 Ithaca (Not sure if he will run this)

Jeff Martinez 11 Johnson City

Walker Diebolt ?? 12 Lansing (I don't know if he runs Outdoor but good Indoor season)

Jamie Vavra ?? 12 Newark Valley (If he runs it)

Joey Blazey ?? 11 Newark Valley (If he runs it)

Steven Spittler 11 Norwich

Dan Young 11 SC (Not sure if he will run this)

Anthony Gaetani 11 Binghamton

Vasili Papastrat 11 Binghamton

I think the top guys will be

Vasili Papastrat

Jarred Cornfield

Max Straneva

Andris Goncarovs

Jeff Martinez

Anthony Gaetani

(and the Newark Valley guys if either of them focus on this)

tell me what you think about these two mile line up and or how they will do in the mile/800m etc...

• 1 month later...
Guest max federson

Craighead will be in the top 5 for the 3200m for this section this year. He has a uncertain stride and foot placement that will prevent him from going much further. He could use some focus on arm movement. I think he succeeds on a good base and lacks distance coaching. Vavra will be tough to beat but he lacks the base needed to outlast the competition. He doesn't have the track experience and is a better xc runner. Goncarovs is young and will be near the top mix. He should be the top 3200m runner in Sect IV but doesnt have the level of training or the coaching to get him there. He has plenty of track experience. Papastrat can have it all if he wants it. Note his great stride, efficient posture, and guts. If he forces himself to go to the limit no one will come close to him. If he gets the training he needs no one in the section will top him. Awesome finishes in XC last year. I think he is s stronger 1600m runner. Gaetani could be decent runner - dont know much about his background. He needs to train more to keep the pressure on Papasrat. Diebolt had a marginal indoor season time wise, besides he a soccer player and doesnt understand the art of running yet. The rest I dont know

Guest ilovewalkin
Craighead will be in the top 5 for the 3200m for this section this year. He has a uncertain stride and foot placement that will prevent him from going much further. He could use some focus on arm movement. I think he succeeds on a good base and lacks distance coaching. Vavra will be tough to beat but he lacks the base needed to outlast the competition. He doesn't have the track experience and is a better xc runner. Goncarovs is young and will be near the top mix. He should be the top 3200m runner in Sect IV but doesnt have the level of training or the coaching to get him there. He has plenty of track experience. Papastrat can have it all if he wants it. Note his great stride, efficient posture, and guts. If he forces himself to go to the limit no one will come close to him. If he gets the training he needs no one in the section will top him. Awesome finishes in XC last year. I think he is s stronger 1600m runner. Gaetani could be decent runner - dont know much about his background. He needs to train more to keep the pressure on Papasrat. Diebolt had a marginal indoor season time wise, besides he a soccer player and doesnt understand the art of running yet. The rest I dont know

To the person who started the thread: This really should be in the XC/Track thread....I'm not quite sure why it's not in there. Maybe you didn't see the thread?.....But that would mean you weren't paying attention and therefore should pay more attention.

I'm sure Andris is getting good training from a good coach he's just not exactly number 1 caliber now.

I think your giving Vasili too much hype, sure he's good but I don't think he can just dominate the section.

I'm sure Vavra has the base considering he was the best section 4 runner this year in XC.

You don't have a clue on Straneva, Martinez, Cornfield, Young, Spittler, etc. come on.

@

Guest GaetaniA

who is this guy like a private investigator, you make this comment on this misplaced thread and it makes me angry.......whats a decent runner to you, idk who you are and where you get the authority and knowledge to comment on runners training and coaching , distance runners train every day, so what do you mean when you ("mr. i think i know everything") say that i should train more.....i train everyday, every distance runner trains every day

sincerely

Anthony "an almost decent runner" Gaetani

please move your posts to the xc/track thread

Guest Guest
distance runners train every day, so what do you mean when you ("mr. i think i know everything") say that i should train more.....i train everyday, every distance runner trains every day

sincerely

Anthony "an almost decent runner" Gaetani

please move your posts to the xc/track thread

Actually Anthony only runners hoping for an injury train everyday, downtime is a necessity for your body to recover especially in your teen years. Ideally you should have at least one day of rest a week and a month a year where you train very lightly, about every other day a light distance just enough to keep your cardio, but not enough to actually stress your body too much,

I'm saying this as a former D1 runner who's running suffered in college from a coach who over trained me. Ridiculous 100 + mile weeks for X-C and too much pounding for track. I later trained with Jack Daniels in Cortland who taught me to be a much more intelligent runner who realized what a body was meant to do. Under Jack I dropped my 5k to a respectable 14:20 and my mile to a 4:12 (running an all-comers meet up with the Chargers). I honestly feel that I could have really been lower in the mile, but good training and quality races are tough when your out of school.

Best of luck to everybody this year I look forward to seeing some good results in the future from you all.

Guest GaetaniA
Actually Anthony only runners hoping for an injury train everyday, downtime is a necessity for your body to recover especially in your teen years. Ideally you should have at least one day of rest a week and a month a year where you train very lightly, about every other day a light distance just enough to keep your cardio, but not enough to actually stress your body too much,

I'm saying this as a former D1 runner who's running suffered in college from a coach who over trained me. Ridiculous 100 + mile weeks for X-C and too much pounding for track. I later trained with Jack Daniels in Cortland who taught me to be a much more intelligent runner who realized what a body was meant to do. Under Jack I dropped my 5k to a respectable 14:20 and my mile to a 4:12 (running an all-comers meet up with the Chargers). I honestly feel that I could have really been lower in the mile, but good training and quality races are tough when your out of school.

Best of luck to everybody this year I look forward to seeing some good results in the future from you all.

Well i wish you wouldnt take me that seriously

anyways, my coach uses the jack daniels book to base his training for us, and yes you are a successful runner, but i wish that you wouldnt come in here and tell me (who is very easily offended when it comes to skill) that i "could be a decent runner" , as if im not even decent yet in my 11th grade year.

but i guess i owe you an apology for being a little hypocritical, i shouldnt have judged you, just as you shouldnt have judged me

Well, i hope you accept my apology, distance runners are a small tight nit group of athletes that dont need this kind of internal conflict, i for one am the first to frow apon that type of conflict....(but a little rivalry is fun) hahaha

my apologizes Anthony "a decent runner compared to Max F." Gaetani

and if your ever at a meet and see me, please stop me and introduce yourself, we can discuss the crazy Jack Daniels work out we do hahaha

Guest Guest
Well i wish you wouldnt take me that seriously

anyways, my coach uses the jack daniels book to base his training for us, and yes you are a successful runner, but i wish that you wouldnt come in here and tell me (who is very easily offended when it comes to skill) that i "could be a decent runner" , as if im not even decent yet in my 11th grade year.

but i guess i owe you an apology for being a little hypocritical, i shouldnt have judged you, just as you shouldnt have judged me

Well, i hope you accept my apology, distance runners are a small tight nit group of athletes that dont need this kind of internal conflict, i for one am the first to frow apon that type of conflict....(but a little rivalry is fun) hahaha

my apologizes Anthony "a decent runner compared to Max F." Gaetani

and if your ever at a meet and see me, please stop me and introduce yourself, we can discuss the crazy Jack Daniels work out we do hahaha

Anthony I was the guy who wrote about the training, and I'm not Max F. He's stuff was pretty much just some inflammatory BS posted by a typical wanna be running guru. Anytime someone spends to much talk on the biomechanics and stride stuff I tend to block them out as you should too. I just wanted to warn you about overtraining at a young age as I went through the bad times because of it. Like I said good luck this year, to you and all of our fellow LD runners.

Guest GaetaniA
Anthony I was the guy who wrote about the training, and I'm not Max F. He's stuff was pretty much just some inflammatory BS posted by a typical wanna be running guru. Anytime someone spends to much talk on the biomechanics and stride stuff I tend to block them out as you should too. I just wanted to warn you about overtraining at a young age as I went through the bad times because of it. Like I said good luck this year, to you and all of our fellow LD runners.

ok thanks man, i ll be careful in my training

I agree and disagree to an extent, people underestimate how much the human body can really handle. However, to be able to handle a large work load one needs to do the little things that make a difference, stretching, strides, form drills, icing, refueling immediately after a workout, hydration, rest etc... Personally I have nearly eliminated taking a day off, instead I run light on my "off" day for 45 minutes and I always run pretty hard on distance and long runs about 6 minutes per mile, but at the same time I'm not high mileage, about 65 miles per week, about 20 miles per week higher than I was in HS. As far as for younger kids and their development I feel that high mileage somewhat stints one's aerobic development at a young age. But after time a youngster can build up to the insanely high intensity. Last year I was doing all the Jack Daniels workouts found in his book, for example the the 6 @ rep the 2 4's at Fast Rep the 6 at Fast Rep, the 2 3's at Fast Rep and the 4 2's at Rep and I did the same workout the year before just at slower paces. I think rest is nescessary, but not complete inactivity and I feel like people in general aren't aware of what their body truly can handle, maybe it's a mental block. I say this because when I was younger there were instances where my coach would have me do certain things that I did not think were possible and they were possible to my surprise

@

Archived