Ryan's term is up when?

Guest E81EEF

Guest E81EEF

When matt ryans term is up I better see ole Eddie boy on the ballet...

I think he would be a good long winded mayor...

After all no talent is needed to run for mayor of binghamton...

Guest Guest

Not freaking soon enough. Hopefully who ever replaces him will pick people of intergity to head up the different departments. We do not need any more political suck-holes in office. We need people that are going to do the right thing, and not just what the big dog wants.

Guest Guest
Not freaking soon enough. Hopefully who ever replaces him will pick people of intergity to head up the different departments. We do not need any more political suck-holes in office. We need people that are going to do the right thing, and not just what the big dog wants.

I nominate ed

Ryan's term is up 12/31/09.

More like, "first term" is up 12/31/09.

"Second term" is up 12/31/13, and "Third term" is up 12/31/17.

Who is really going to run, and who would have a realistic chance at winning? (He or she had better talk with Pat Russo to see what they'd be up against).

If you think Mr. A would be any "match" for Mayor Ryan, why isn't Naima Mayor now?

No way this City wouldn't see through the fog Mr. A (who, apparently, hasn't owned real property in the City since October 20, 1969) spews forth.

And, if Mr. A does take up residence in the City, well then . . .

Guest Guest

Who is really going to run, and who would have a realistic chance at winning? (He or she had better talk with Pat Russo to see what they'd be up against).

If you think Mr. A would be any "match" for Mayor Ryan, why isn't Naima Mayor now?

No way this City wouldn't see through the fog Mr. A (who, apparently, hasn't owned real property in the City since October 20, 1969) spews forth.

Whether there will be a second term is debatable (if there is a God, there will not be)....but one thing is for sure, there will not be a third term.

Guest Guest

Keep in mind people knew next to nothing about Sean Massey who had been in town two years or so and NEVER had ANY ties to the city before being elected..........

Guest Guest

Good point.

We could also add why didn't incumbents keep their seats against a black female and a gay male with no political experience.

Ya know, considering Edhead was "assisting" them.

Guest Guest
Good point.

We could also add why didn't incumbents keep their seats against a black female and a gay male with no political experience.

Ya know, considering Edhead was "assisting" them.

Ed never assisted the Russo or the Papastrat campaign. His repeated blasting of Webb and Massey on this website didn't help, but as I would suspect very few voters read this website from Massey and Webb's district, I think the effect was negligible.

Taking politics aside, Citizen Action was certainly responsible for the Webb and Massey victory. And only Binghamton can be blamed for it. Much of the workingclass of Binghamton sat on the sidelines and never got involved...for reasons I can only speculate. Many of them work hard and are tired when they come home, and don't have the inclination to make phonecalls and canvass neighborhoods like citizen action members can. Maybe they don't have the time to really read up on the issues. What came down to the election was this: Webb and Massey had 100 dedicated volunteers calling and canvassing. The two others didn't. Local races come down to turnout and volunteers. In Webb's case, it appears as if the District woke up a little late....Russo getting 44-45% on a Third Party line with Webb having 3 major party lines ahead of him spoke volumes...but the saying goes, too little too late.

The city needs to wake up and start actively volunteering for candidates...candidates who are good and decent. Right now, the only group doing that represents the radical fringe. So radical fring is what your city is going to get, until people start to wise up. Unfortunately, what they may do is wipe out the Democrats in two years and vote Republican, to get the same "change" they thought they were getting 4 years ago when they elected the Democrats.

Guest Guest

Let's come up with a universally conservative (not Republican) platform and then draft someone to execute the resurrection plan for Binghamton NY.

here are a couple ideas - tough on crime, tough on welfare, reduce spending.

Don't forget there were three candidates for mayor. If Drazen wasn't running as a third party candidate, the results might have been different. I don't think Drazens votes would have gone to a liberal democrat if those people knew Ryan was a liberal.

In any case, I think Ed A would do well as mayor. If things that are mandated work out right, Binghamton will be bankrupt and I think Ed would do a great job cleaning house. So long Citizens Action.

Guest Guest
I'm sure we could manage to find someone SANE to clean house. :rolleyes:

Right, like a guy that says employee cost are killing us then turns around and hires more employees, gives raise to those he already has that we don't need and then negotiates three sweet contract deal with bureaucrats, teamster and overpaid firemen but allows the police to go two years with a contract while scrime is skyrocketing.

There's sanity for you!

After Ryan a baboon could win the next election.

Guest Guest
Right, like a guy that says employee cost are killing us then turns around and hires more employees, gives raise to those he already has that we don't need and then negotiates three sweet contract deal with bureaucrats, teamster and overpaid firemen but allows the police to go two years with a contract while scrime is skyrocketing.

There's sanity for you!

After Ryan a baboon could win the next election

Oh, well, then I stand corrected...perhaps Ed could win.

Guest jim m
I can dance but I'm not much for ballet......

If you want to see my on a ballot, I suppose that is possible. As long I don't have to wear a tutu...I'll leave that to Matt.

what a loser

Archived