drug test welfair scrubs?

Guest Guest

Guest guest
Why do we not drug test welfair people? I bet if we did more then 75% would be positve for some kind of drug!

And what good would it do? They would just be transferred to another program and probably get more money.

Why do we not drug test welfair people? I bet if we did more then 75% would be positve for some kind of drug!

i want all drivers alcohol and drug tested before they drive. it's similar to welfare because all drivers share the road and are dependent on eachothers safety. i want to know how much they slept the night before too. oh wait, that's not the way american way. i got caught up in the "i own you" mentality. sorry.

Guest Guest
The ACLU would never allow that to happen!

Sadly, I have to agree with that statement. I also have to agree that you're probably right about the number of people on welfare that woud test positive for drugs. However, do you really want to be here the day that 75% of the people on welfare get cut off? Because I'm guessing that's where you're going with this. Cutting off welfare benefits to people who test positive for illegal drugs. Well guess what would happen. All those people would now suddenly be evicted from their homes because they can't pay their rent without welfare's help. Just imagine - thousands of people on the streets. Where would those people go? Catholic Charities, VOA, etc? Think again.. where do you think those agencies get their money? The government, mostly. And a lot of the people that are housed by homeless shelters ARE drug addicts. Lets stuff a VOA shelter with a bunch of people who like to do drugs.. oh and don't forget their kids too because there's no way that Child Protective Services would be able to handle that kind of volume of homeless children at one time. Yeah, cut off welfare benefits to people who test positive for drugs and you get a disaster.

It was a nice thought though..

maybe we should drug test people who can't spell "welfare".

Guest WELFARE MAGNANT

Drugs in Binghamton...solution?

Binghamton is becoming a thriving metropolis for drug activity. We are loosing our neighborhoods and it seems like no one is doing anything about it. Should we just put everyone in jail and in order to get out make them prove that they are not nor have ever been involved with illegal drugs? Would too many of us loose our freedom? Is the current system effective? Is it fair?

The problem is far more complicated than that however. The incredible "economy" that is created by drug activity is unbelievable and very difficult to compensate for. At the very top we are talking about very brilliant, well-funded "business" people who run a sophisticated organization that is difficult to penetrate. Even when law enforcement is successful the rewards are so overwhelming that is only a matter of time before two, three, even five new large organizations appear. Some could argue that law enforcement "busts" actually cause expansion in the drug trade. Next in line we have dealers. There are all different levels and some of these people are too very smart. They are smart enough to want a piece of the American dream and they are not willing to work for minimum wage and be a martyr to the system, swept up in "survival" and never having anything to show for their hard labors.

Let's be very honest here; there is absolutely no such things as a drug "PUSHER". We have been and probably always will be a nation of drug addicts. From prescriptions drugs, alcohol, tobacco, cocaine in the early 20th century, opium in the 19th century, and so on... we are a nation of drug feigns! People want drugs and will seek them out at any cost and this creates a huge economy. The simple solution is to legalize drugs. Just admit defeat, like we did with prohibition, and give the people who "own" this country what they want and stop putting them in jail for it. But... that's too simple. The legalization of drugs would eliminate the "organized" crime economy but it would wipe out and even bigger economic system.

It's really all by design. It is a self perpetuating economic cycle: the government doesn't want to eliminate illegal drugs in this country. They impact on the attorneys (8 out of 10 of all criminal offenses are drug related), law enforcement personnel, private jails, jail construction, all the federally funded "drug" programs, half of the coast guards budget and the list goes on and on.

If you don't want drugs in your community then take your country back and let your elected officials know that you want drugs legalized and economic stimulus packages for economically disenfranchised people who are too intelligent to work for minimum wage. Chances are they didn't have the same opportunities that you and I did early in life. Like a very famous poet once concluded, "...instead of a war on drugs, let's have a war on poverty"! Let's get out of the Middle East, let's get out of sticking our noise in every war on the planet, let’s stop spending so much on bombs, and let's use all of those resources on fighting poverty. I'll bet two generations from know, if we eliminate poverty in this country, most people won't know what a lawyer is and nobody will want drugs no matter how legal and available.

That's my two cents! What do you think?

Guest Guest
Sadly, I have to agree with that statement. I also have to agree that you're probably right about the number of people on welfare that woud test positive for drugs. However, do you really want to be here the day that 75% of the people on welfare get cut off? Because I'm guessing that's where you're going with this. Cutting off welfare benefits to people who test positive for illegal drugs. Well guess what would happen. All those people would now suddenly be evicted from their homes because they can't pay their rent without welfare's help. Just imagine - thousands of people on the streets. Where would those people go? Catholic Charities, VOA, etc? Think again.. where do you think those agencies get their money? The government, mostly. And a lot of the people that are housed by homeless shelters ARE drug addicts. Lets stuff a VOA shelter with a bunch of people who like to do drugs.. oh and don't forget their kids too because there's no way that Child Protective Services would be able to handle that kind of volume of homeless children at one time. Yeah, cut off welfare benefits to people who test positive for drugs and you get a disaster.

It was a nice thought though..

Some would end up at CC and the Salvation Army.

A good number of them would resort to crime. We'd have to double our police forces, Court staff, Public Defenders, etc. and eventually our prisons.

Guest scum of the earth
Some would end up at CC and the Salvation Army.

A good number of them would resort to crime. We'd have to double our police forces, Court staff, Public Defenders, etc. and eventually our prisons.

how pathetic must one's life be to constantly have to put down welfare people to feel empowered? you are the most pathetic group of losers i have ever seen.

Your idea is a good one but not in the manner your suggesting

I do agree that it's a good idea for people who are receiving Public Assistance should be tested, in one form or another. If tested positive then have a member of the family or friend that does not, manage their funds. Rent should go directly to landloard and not to the one receiving assistance. Some of these people sell their benifit card (food stamps) for fifty cents on the dollar for drug money. To stop that, fix the program so that these cards can only be used at major stores and not mom and pop stores or the convienence stores.

Put these people in a outreach program with the understanding that they have X weeks to show progress in cleaning themselves up. If they fail, then cut their benifits by 25%. This way your giving them a chance to help and improve themselves. If they fail, they have no one to blame but themselves. Most likely they will take to a life of crime anyway, once they no longer have control over their money from DSS.

No matter how you look at it, it NOT a win/win.

The welfare case workers have drug tests for employment. Most employers have it as well. Apple is the only place (HQ) that I can think of that does not. To insure that children are safe with their parents and that they are employable they should have some sort of drug and alcohol test. It will happen right after there is a true test for athletes that their union agrees too and right before the end of the world. Is the ACLU the union rep for trouble makers?

And what good would it do? They would just be transferred to another program and probably get more money.

Maybe they would or wouldn't. The problem might be, if this happened, three fold.

Increase in crime, and most of all the innocents, children, and those that need it the most would suffer.

A real quandry I'd say.

Guest Guest
how pathetic must one's life be to constantly have to put down welfare people to feel empowered? you are the most pathetic group of losers i have ever seen.

It must be difficult going through life while being so disconnected to reality.

Take 100 working people and 100 welfare recipients. Eliminate their source of income. How many of each group do you think will find gainful employment or start businesses and how many will turn to crime?

Pretty simple, really.

Guest long gone from bingo

Look what is on welfare.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

How much welfair money do you collect? Here is a perfect example of welfair scum! So how much do we pay for you? dont be shy !

Guest Guest

I agree..f they test positive.give me their money

Guest spellling bee

Learn how to spell moron

Guest scum of the earth
How much welfair money do you collect? Here is a perfect example of welfair scum! So how much do we pay for you? dont be shy !

once again, what is "welfair"? maybe you could get your GED and learn how to write. you could go on welfare to support yourself while you do so.

Archived