Black Monday on Wall St.

Guest bridge jumper

Guest bridge jumper

Bear Stearns finally admitted their shares have almost no value....They have just sold out to Goldman for 2 bucks a share...They admitted it was that or Bankruptcy....The FED is panicking with yet even more emergency rate cuts...

Many posters on various financial web sites are suggesting very,very bad things for tomorrow....

Guest guest

That is excellent news!!! Everyone get-up early and place your short sale orders as fast as possible and let's all make some $$$$$!! Once you get the money however, don't accept payment in US dollars, get it in Euro's. If you can't do it then once you get the dollars exchange them!!! They may be worthless very, very soon!

Guest Guest
That is excellent news!!! Everyone get-up early and place your short sale orders as fast as possible and let's all make some $$$$$!! Once you get the money however, don't accept payment in US dollars, get it in Euro's. If you can't do it then once you get the dollars exchange them!!! They may be worthless very, very soon!

bigdive.jpg

Thanks for the advise nice pic bud.

Guest Curious

Does selling-short further decline the market? And if so why would people do this. I don't understand how it all works but it seems to me that if more people held on to their shares and didn't sell them they might be worth more down the road a piece.

LOL - or gold! Get it in gold!

Guest DayTrader

THe market relies on activity. That's all. Just movement. I hope everyone shorts across the board tomorrow right at the opening bell. It's the smart play.

Guest straight talk

SELL, SELL, SELL!!!!! The market will loose significant ground all week long and the fed is too little too late. We need a 150 basis point cut and we need an huge infusion of cash in the debt markets. Sell the ranch. Mark my words. On friday I will repost this comment and those of you who took heed will be much better off than those of you who didn't. Get rid of your dollars but not for gold..... but silver and copper....much bigger plays.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

What I've noticed is that when the stock market started rising in points, everything else went up. Maybe if we could somehow drop the stock market back down to 9,000 or 10,000 points, the cost of things would go down.

What I've noticed is that when the stock market started rising in points, everything else went up. Maybe if we could somehow drop the stock market back down to 9,000 or 10,000 points, the cost of things would go down.

Nice thought, but that would not work. The prices are set already and people have "just accepted" it as a way of life, so greed takes over and things continue to raise. So if the stocks dumped back to the 9 or 10 thousand area, the prices would still be the same because of greed, and a lot of people would be hurting from the funds lost in their stock investments.

Does selling-short further decline the market? And if so why would people do this. I don't understand how it all works but it seems to me that if more people held on to their shares and didn't sell them they might be worth more down the road a piece.

Short sellers are having a field day in this market (more down days than up days) naked shorting should never be allowed (selling shares short when none exist) As for your question yes it will decline the market. There was a lot of shorting of airline stocks before and after 911? Makes you wonder. Shorts caught in a short squeeze will buy as fast as they can to lock in profits. Shorts are pessimist longs are optimist. and insider trading is done all the time. Buy Gold.

post-154-1205760879_thumb.jpg

Guest investor
Bear Stearns finally admitted their shares have almost no value....They have just sold out to Goldman for 2 bucks a share...They admitted it was that or Bankruptcy....The FED is panicking with yet even more emergency rate cuts...

Many posters on various financial web sites are suggesting very,very bad things for tomorrow....

actually JP Morgan not Goldman Sachs

What does all this mean?????? SELL short and stuff? I want to learn? I need money. Tell me, please.

What it means is if you shorted Bear Stearns at 30 dollars and sold a thousand shares and today you bought one thousand shares at 2 dollars or covered you made 28 thousand dollars. Short Capital One. Stay out of the market. If Bear Sterns went to say forty dollars after you shorted it you would days to cover the ratio of the average volume of shares traded divided by the number of shares shorted. Times up and you have to buy at the higher price. I am sure someone here can explain that to you better than I can.

To make a large fortune in the market you need a small fortune to begin with. And no matter how well you study a stock you are going to get burned occasionally. And possibly lose everything. Put your savings under your mattress. Good Luck

Guest Guest

It's inflation driving up prices and the stock market.

Inflation is caused by the creation of new money. The new money dilutes the value of existing money causing prices to go up.

Who creates new money? Who creates inflation? The "Federal" Reserve.

But wait, doesn't the "Federal" Reserve tell us that they are fighting inflation? Yeah, I've got a bridge to sell you too.

Guest Guest

So much for your career as an analyst! Dow closed UP 25 POINTS! Don't put down the wrench, greece monkey!!!

Guest Guest
So much for your career as an analyst! Dow closed UP 25 POINTS! Don't put down the wrench, greece monkey!!!

What do you have against Greeks????....Damn Bingo has some dumb people!!!!

Guest Guest

That's funny!

Have you heard of the Plunge Protection Team?

Do you know what they do?

Archived