Pearls of wisdom from the Decider in Chief

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I just got this in an email. I thought it was highly illuminating.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

...George W. Bush

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

...Governor George W. Bush

"Welcome to Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit...Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

...Governor George W. Bush, 8/11/94

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

...Governor George W. Bush, 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy -- but that could change."

...Governor George W. Bush, 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

...Governor George W. Bush, 12/6/93

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

...Governor George W. Bush, 11/30/96

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

...Governor George W. Bush 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

...Governor George W. Bush to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

...Governor George W. Bush to reporters

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."

...George W. Bush

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."

...Governor George W. Bush 5/20/96

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

...Governor George W. Bush 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

...Governor George W. Bush, 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

...Governor George W. Bush , 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[it's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

Guest Guest

I don't feel like taking the time to look up a citation for what I'm about to say, but I got a similar email about ten years ago -- all the same quotes, plus some more -- only ALL of the above were attributed to Dan Quayle. I am pretty sure that all or most of these are actually Quayle-isms. Which is not to say that Bush is any better or smarter, but if you're going to post about how dumb Bush is, there's certainly abundant material without swiping quotes from another idiot Republican. :) Heh! Funny, nonetheless; I printed this one out ten years ago, and still have it someplace.

Guest Guest
Memo to the OP: We are now focused on the slimbags that are running for president 2008. Kindly keep up!!!

GWB is still Prez. What he does and says (and what he's done and said for 7 years) is still, and will continue to, affecting most of the known world for some time to come.

Sorry to have to break that news to you so harshly.

Guest Guest
GWB is still Prez. What he does and says (and what he's done and said for 7 years) is still, and will continue to, affecting most of the known world for some time to come.

Sorry to have to break that news to you so harshly.

Bush is a supergenius compared to the 3 Senate clowns who are running today.

Sorry to break THAT news to you!

Guest Guest

And So it continues and by the way your a idiot.

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again."

- Barbara Boxer, Senator (D)

"I don't think the Republicans can damage my character."

- Bill Clinton, former U.S. President (D)

"Give Bill a second term, and Al Gore and I will be turned loose to do what we really want to do."

- Hillary Clinton (D), former first lady, and a Democratic candidate for President

"I believe that gays and lesbians deserve to have the same rights as homosexuals."

-Rev. Al Sharpton (D) in 2002

"I favor access to discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation."

- Ted Kennedy (D), US Senator

"I didn't realize I was in a Buddhist temple."

- Al Gore (D), former U.S. Vice President when asked about his illegal fundraising activities that took place in a Buddhist temple

"I invented the internet". - Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that." - Bill Clinton, former U.S. president

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say." - Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

They've managed to keep their unemployment low although their overall unemployment is high. - Former President Bill Clinton

"I guess I would have voted with the majority if it was a close vote. But I agree with the arguments the minority made." - Former President Bill Clinton, on the 1991 Gulf War resolution

She's a wonderful, wonderful person, and we're looking forward to a happy and wonderful night -- uh, life. - Ted Kennedy, Massachusetts senator

AND NOW BACK TO YOUR POST OP THESE LOOK FRAMILIAR???????

AT LEAST BE ORIGIANAL IN YOUR BDS WE ALL HAVE OUR ILL"S TO DEAL WITH.

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy-but that could change.

-J. Danforth Quayle

I deserve respect for the things I did not do.

-J. Danforth Quayle

I don't watch it, but I know enough to comment on it.

-J. Danforth Quayle

I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future.

-J. Danforth Quayle

I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

-J. Danforth Quayle

I've never professed to be anything but an average student.

-J. Danforth Quayle

If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.

-J. Danforth Quayle

If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime.

-J. Danforth Quayle

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

-J. Danforth Quayle

It shows 'us vs. them,' and I'm on the `us' side.

-J. Danforth Quayle

It's a question of whether we're going to go forward into the future, or past to the back.

-J. Danforth Quayle

It's time for the human race to enter the solar system.

-J. Danforth Quayle

Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.

-J. Danforth Quayle

My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right.

-J. Danforth Quayle

People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history..

-J. Danforth Quayle

Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.

-J. Danforth Quayle

Sometimes cameras and television are good to people and sometimes they aren't. I don't know if its the way you say it, or how you look.

-J. Danforth Quayle

The destruction, it is just very heart-rendering.

-J. Danforth Quayle

The future will be better tomorrow.

-J. Danforth Quayle

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

-J. Danforth Quayle

The loss of life will be irreplaceable.

-J. Danforth Quayle

They need help, and we have helped, and we are here to help. And we are helping, and we're going to continue to help.

-J. Danforth Quayle

This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.

-J. Danforth Quayle

Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists.

-J. Danforth Quayle

Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

-J. Danforth Quayle

Votes are like trees, if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.

-J. Danforth Quayle

We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.

-J. Danforth Quayle

We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.

-J. Danforth Quayle

We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.

-J. Danforth Quayle

We will move forward, we will move upward, and yes, we will move onward.

-J. Danforth Quayle

We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.

-J. Danforth Quayle

We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.

-J. Danforth Quayle

What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.

-J. Danforth Quayle

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

-J. Danforth Quayle

What you guys want, I'm for.

-J. Danforth Quayle

When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.

-J. Danforth Quayle

You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be.

-J. Danforth Quayle

You have a part-time job and that's better than no job at all.

-J. Danforth Quayle

link for the Quayle quotes. http://www.indefual.ca/quotes/index.php?category=politicians

Guest Guest
Bush is a supergenius compared to the 3 Senate clowns who are running today.

Sorry to break THAT news to you!

The only way GWB qualifies as even a reasonably intelligent adult is to put him in a room with a chimp. I doubt he's even capable of balancing a family checkbook.

You do know that GWB is a failed businessman, right? He's a complete moron when it comes to anything financial or economic. Trying to make him look smarter by comparing him to other people is a fool's game.

Are you not surprised that the economy is tanking now after 7 years of your "supergenius's" idiocy? He's going to leave office next Jan. and leave the American economy in shambles.

That will give you some time to get all your excuses and rationalizations lined up.

Get busy.

Guest Guest
The only way GWB qualifies as even a reasonably intelligent adult is to put him in a room with a chimp. I doubt he's even capable of balancing a family checkbook.

You do know that GWB is a failed businessman, right? He's a complete moron when it comes to anything financial or economic. Trying to make him look smarter by comparing him to other people is a fool's game.

Are you not surprised that the economy is tanking now after 7 years of your "supergenius's" idiocy? He's going to leave office next Jan. and leave the American economy in shambles.

That will give you some time to get all your excuses and rationalizations lined up.

Get busy.

Still waiting for those Democratic ideas and bills in Congress that will fix the "shambles".

Guest Guest
Still waiting for those Democratic ideas and bills in Congress that will fix the "shambles".

What was there about this that you didn't understand:

Trying to make him look smarter by comparing him to other people is a fool's game.

Your only defense of the Bungler in Chief is to talk about other people. That's what fifth graders do.

You're embarassing yourself. Give it up.

Guest Guest
What was there about this that you didn't understand:

Trying to make him look smarter by comparing him to other people is a fool's game.

Your only defense of the Bungler in Chief is to talk about other people. That's what fifth graders do.

You're embarassing yourself. Give it up.

Evidently you have no response other than to call people fifth graders. Typical.

Guest Guest
Of course it doesn't help that the Vetoer-in-chief will nix what ever they do. Not like Congress represents the people.

How many vetoes has Bush used in 7 years?

Guest Guest
Evidently you have no response other than to call people fifth graders. Typical.

I did have a response. You either didn't read it or didn't understand it.

Also typical.

Archived