Gold Conversion

Guest Guest-Mick-*

Guest Guest

then go to http://www.jackhunt.com/ and go to the "gold platinum calculator" link and type in the nuber of grams under the proper kt of the gold and plug in the spot price of gold that is listed on the bottom of that page (or just put in $1000 for an estimate) and this will give you a scrap price for your gold. Like I said before John from VBS in Endicott will give you right around that price as he makes only 10%.

Guest Guest
I just googled it and the first one was right. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=...nce&spell=1

No, really, I believe that is wrong.......see below. Keep in mind gold measurements are measured by Troy ounce.

Commonly Used Gold Weights

(based on troy ounces)

The traditional unit of weight for gold is the troy ounce of the Anglo-Saxon system of weights and measures. Despite the gradual conversion to the metric system, the troy ounce remains a traditional fixture of the gold trade and the most important basis for expressing quotations on a majority of the leading gold markets.

1 troy ounce = 31.1034807 grams

1 troy ounce = 480 grains

1 troy ounce = 20 pennyweights

3.75 troy ounces = 10 tolas (Indian sub-continent)

6.02 troy ounces = 5 taels (Chinese)

32.15 troy ounces = 1 kilogram

32,150 troy ounces = 1 metric ton (1,000 kilos)

Guest Guest
No, really, I believe that is wrong.......see below. Keep in mind gold measurements are measured by Troy ounce.

Commonly Used Gold Weights

(based on troy ounces)

The traditional unit of weight for gold is the troy ounce of the Anglo-Saxon system of weights and measures. Despite the gradual conversion to the metric system, the troy ounce remains a traditional fixture of the gold trade and the most important basis for expressing quotations on a majority of the leading gold markets.

1 troy ounce = 31.1034807 grams

1 troy ounce = 480 grains

1 troy ounce = 20 pennyweights

3.75 troy ounces = 10 tolas (Indian sub-continent)

6.02 troy ounces = 5 taels (Chinese)

32.15 troy ounces = 1 kilogram

32,150 troy ounces = 1 metric ton (1,000 kilos)

I think you may be right and me wrong - thanks for the info

Guest Guest
I think you may be right and me wrong - thanks for the info

No problem. Please know that I was not out to "prove you wrong", I just wanted to make sure that people were aware of the different types of methods of weighing gold, it can be a little confusing. Glad to help. :)

Guest Guest
No problem. Please know that I was not out to "prove you wrong", I just wanted to make sure that people were aware of the different types of methods of weighing gold, it can be a little confusing. Glad to help. :)

It just goes to show you that you can learn something new every day. even here on bc voice!

Guest Guest
How many grams in an ounce of gold?

Forget gold, three months from now it will be down 25-30 percent.

Indium will be up above 50 percent.

CB

Archived