Phone companies should be protected

Guest Love my country

Guest Love my country

The phone companies that helped our government search for terrorists need protection because if what they did was illegal then what the Bush administration was doing was also illegal and if they can be prosecuted so to could the president. We must protect the phone companies for their patriotism and making America safe.

The phone companies that helped our government search for terrorists need protection because if what they did was illegal then what the Bush administration was doing was also illegal and if they can be prosecuted so to could the president. We must protect the phone companies for their patriotism and making America safe.

what are you talking about?

did they "call" in airstrikes?

Guest Guest
The Bill of Rights...read it!

Anyone who truly loves this country would protect the Bill of Rights. It is what made this country great...once upon a time.

Guest Guest

but Bush says that what they did was not illegal, so why would they need immunity from soemthing that is legal?

Guest Guest
I love the line "if you have nothing to hide what are you worried about" people ae clueless

That one ranks right up there with "we're fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here."

Guest Guest
but Bush says that what they did was not illegal, so why would they need immunity from soemthing that is legal?

Because you have a group of liberal leaning sycophants that will create charges to try and prove their point victory is secondary they will jump up and down screaming victory just for getting a liberal judge to entertain the case. AND THATS A FACT.

Guest Guest
Because you have a group of liberal leaning sycophants that will create charges to try and prove their point victory is secondary they will jump up and down screaming victory just for getting a liberal judge to entertain the case. AND THATS A FACT.

so they did not do anything illegal - but you want to give them immunity from doing nothing illegal - just so people do not have their constitutional rights to create a lawsuit - to see if what they are doing is illegal?

WOW! that's all one can say to that is WOW!!

Guest Guest

So you just want everyone to take your word for it that they did nothing illegal? yea - we would not want the constitution to come into play here - we would not want to give people thier rights under our legal system - we would not want the courts to got through the process of justice. the constitution and courts afterall are waaaaaaay to messy and can never be depended on to do the right thing, we should trust your judgement and wrod instead?

that is pretty whacked their big guy!

Guest Guest

Don't you realize that the president needs to listen to phone conversations of people like Spitzer. How else do we bring down an enemy. He could have been involved in terrorist activity

Guest Guest

JUST Don't break the law. That's what I was told when I disagreed with a law.

[/quote

Bush was protecting us. Or going after his political opponents. Either way it's for the better of our country.

Guest A Reasonable Atheist
JUST Don't break the law. That's what I was told when I disagreed with a law.

I'm sure the founders would be turning over in their graves of your deference to the State.

Guest truefreedom

What a moron!!! There is no war on terror, you fool! The phone companies should be sued into bankruptcy for divulging private information to the federal government. If you really believe that there is a war on terror then answer the following question: How is it that there has been no terrorist attack on the U.S. in the last 6 1/2 years while illicit drugs and illegal immigrants stream across the borders unabated? Which war are we being lied to about; the war on terror or the war on drugs and illegal immigration? The government is either preventing unauthorized (unknown and potentially dangerous) people and threatening substances from crossing the borders or they are not. Which is it? The truth of the matter is that the borders are sieves. We are utterly incapable of preventing anyone or anything from entering this country, as evidenced by the hundreds of tons of "illicit" drugs and tens of thousands of illegal immigrants that crossed our borders just last year! In fact, there are parts of the Canadian border that you can literally walk across; free from any intervention from any governmental representative whatsoever. Just ask anyone who lives in the northern sections of Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan, etc. Oh wait.....now I get it......they're only trying to stop terrorists from getting in!!! They have attached GPS chips to every single anti-American fundamentalist on the planet (a daunting task, given the huge amounts of them) and they monitor they're whereabouts at all times. God help us if the terrorists decide to disguise themselves as Mexicans smuggling heroin into the country

@

Archived