What are you doing about it?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There's alot of talk about what's wrong with this country, the world, and especially our community. I thought it would be beneficial and interesting to start a thread dedicated to what actual actions people have taken to help themselves and/or their neighbors to weather the storm.

As an excercise, please stay on topic, and don't list things you plan to do. List things you've done.

One thing I've done is to stay better informed by tuning into bcvoice on a regular basis. I've also actively promoted the site to my friends cause I think its a benefit to everyone who pays attention. Its motivated me to start watching our leaders alot closer than I ever have.

I've also bought a higher gas milage car and won't be speeding over 65 unless I really need to. I've cut out as much unneccessary gas usage as possible.

And since I'm in action mode, I'll be posting more to this thread in the days to come.

There's alot of talk about what's wrong with this country, the world, and especially our community. I thought it would be beneficial and interesting to start a thread dedicated to what actual actions people have taken to help themselves and/or their neighbors to weather the storm.

As an excercise, please stay on topic, and don't list things you plan to do. List things you've done.

One thing I've done is to stay better informed by tuning into bcvoice on a regular basis. I've also actively promoted the site to my friends cause I think its a benefit to everyone who pays attention. Its motivated me to start watching our leaders alot closer than I ever have.

I've also bought a higher gas milage car and won't be speeding over 65 unless I really need to. I've cut out as much unneccessary gas usage as possible.

And since I'm in action mode, I'll be posting more to this thread in the days to come.

After you bought your higher mileage less comfortable car did you bother starting a campaign to let your elected polititions know how you think about not allowing domestic refineries and oil drilling?

Alternative fueled vehicles might be viable in the future but not for decades.

First begin building some new refineries. While that construction is going on Drill in the Gulf and ANWR.

Lower food prices by not forcing farmers to divert their crops to inefficient Ethanol Producers. Ethanol Producers who donate millions to politicians and get hundreds of million in subsidies.

What am I doing about it? Fighting back.

Archived