Binghamton University

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Can you believe that Binghamton University has mistakenly e-mailed out over 300 students' SSN, GPA, and other private information? This is going to haunt those students for YEARS!

They went out on friday and some students were not notified until monday! The email was intended for faculty but it was mistakenly sent to the student body! Everyone has the information now! It is on the Press & Sun website, but the story they posted doesnt do it justice. And the school is not offering to provide fraud prevention past a 90-day free trial. But THEY TOLD EVERYONE it was a 90 day free trial. So now everyone knows when the SSN's are vulnerable again! After 90-days, the students are on their own! They just told them to check their credit reports every 3 months, and resolve any discrepencies. THANKS A LOT FOR THE HELP PERRY!

Guest Guest

NYS did away with using SS#s on the time sheets and paychecks of their employees a couple years ago. I supervise workstudy students at SUNY. They are required to print their ss#s on their time sheets before they are submitted. This is wrong. I called HR and asked if this was really necessary. I was told "if they want to be paid, it is". I see no reason for anything other than the students name, department, and the hours they worked to be included on the time sheet. I get paid with no problem-why cant the students? These kids get copies of their time sheets for their records I know it is their responsibility to keep that stuff safe but they are kids and they are in a small room with little or no security

Archived