Suny - What it stands for

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
They are fighting a war just like several were faught in the past. Thats why we have so much freedom and so many rights. But its idiots like BU students that abuse those rights. Those retards would rather not have a war, they would rather have other countries bomb us and take us over, take our rights away from us. Those people fighting the war are protecting our rights, standing up for what is right. Not cowards like you BU scum.

You are stealing quotes from those who were in favor of the Vietnam War.

How did that turn out????? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

State University of New York: Shouldn't the SUNY students support the State of New York since it's providing them with a severely discounted education?

This will be probably be my first and last post on this.

I have been continuously reading all of these posts regarding SUNY Binghamton (BU to most), and I have been laughing the majority of the time.

1) The FEW students that protested today had a RIGHT to peacably assemble; however they crossed the line when they decided to take it to the streets, and potentially endanger the motorists. At that point, it was no longer longer peacably assembling. Now, they have a right to protest on the sidewalks, but not in the streets.

2) Many people are pigeon-holing an entire campus over the actions of a FEW, and I emphasize a FEW. You can not honestly judge an entire campus this way. Sure, as with any school (private or public), there will always be a FEW that act like idiots, but such is life.

Now, I have friends and family that have fought, and died in this war; however, I am also against this war as well. Notice I said WAR, and NOT troops. So many people on here think that these protesters, or just protesters in general, are against the troops, but they are not. People need to get that through their heads.

My brother in-law, Chad, is a Marine that is IRAQ right now. We had a conversation just before he re-deployed back to IRAQ. We were talking about the protesters, and what he felt about them, and he said something that kind of caught me off guard. He said that he is fighting for their right to protest, but, what really irritates him is all the people that are trying to take that right away from them. I never really thought about it that way before. These men and women are fighting a war to protect the rights that we are fundamentally guaranteed, which includes protesting; however, there are so many people that are willing to try and strip us of this right. What they fail to realize is that they are actually doing a dis-service to our troops - in essence, they are fighting against what our troops are fighting for.

Basically, let the protesters protest, and have their views, and you can have yours - leave it at that.

Now, I highly doubt that the crux of the animosity is geared towards "protesters." I am willing to to bet that it is more geared towards a growing disdain for BU. Why? I do not know, but people need to also get this through their heads: SUNY/BU is going nowhere, and the quicker people realize this, then the better off you will be.

Guest Guest

The students attending college in Vestal have been problems since they attended SUNY's predecessor, Harpur College. Whenever we saw someone causing trouble, we automatically said, "Must be a Harpurite"! Nothing has changed except the name of the institution.

Guest mr. p
You realize when you refer to SUNY you are referring to many of the colleges in New York state. So you just dissed alot of students throughout the state not just BU you DELETED. I am deeply offended DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad squirrle

Guest Guest
Hey Einsteins, how do you figure it is 'retarded' for kids to protest a WAR where THEIR peers are fighting and dying?

I swear the average IQ on here is about 75.

Well I do not think the people who are posting here have said anything about "protesting" in general. What everyone is stating is the way these ding-a-ling students went about it, what they did and how much crap they caused for the community. If the 'retarted' students would have stayed on campus, none of this would have happened. I am surprized that there are not charges pending for protesting without a permit, something the town of vestal requires. Once those "retards" left the campus and entered the parkway, they should have all been arrested then and there.

The police were giving them a chance by allowing them on the parkway, even gave them the driving lane. BUT NO, these RETARDS had to take more, and more and that is what this is about.

SEND THESE RETARDS A CLEAR MESSAGE -- LOCK EM UP and GIVE EM COMMUNITY SERVICE LIKE IT WAS POSTED ELSEWHERE ! ! !

They need to earn the respect from the community, not think they can do as they please, retard ! ! ! !

Guest Guest
Now the Nimrods say they are going to bring lawsuits against the Police!!

I hope the innocent people driving on the parkway they were injured in the accidents these BU idiots caused sue the pants off every protester and there parents.

Guest Guest

I go to BU and don't agree with the protesters message. They were confronting Army recruitors which doesnt make sense because everyone who is in the millitary is there voluntarily, and are being compensated for their sacrifice. It's not like theres a draft so it's harder for me to sympathize. These recruitors are always very nice and don't bother anyone who doesnt want to talk to them. They are just doing their job. It is fine to protest the war but i don't think it's right to attack the Millitary, they do what many of us don't want to do ourselves. As for generalizing the mentallity of all BU students; i go to the school and admit i dont have the least idea of what the general set of beliefs of the students is, so i don't see how any of you could possibly either.

@

Archived