War Protest

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I dont know what happened yesterday on the parkway, probably you could find some fault on both sides, but in general I support the protest. It is about time these materialistic self absorbed generation get out there and make thier voices heard.

The majority in this country wants this war to end. Most wont go out to the streets, but maybe if they did we could get out of this mess. I just heard on the news this morning that we have spent 500 billion on it so far!!!! FIVE! HUNDERED! BILLION.

What has this money gotten us? Anyone notice our economy lately? Price of gas a bit high? Food? 4000 of our men and women dead? For what exactly?

Guest Guest

To give you freedom!

Freedom, the same you use when you post here.

Can you or anyone else say for certain that if we did not go over there things would be better here now?

I highly doubt it.

Guest Guest
I dont know what happened yesterday on the parkway, probably you could find some fault on both sides, but in general I support the protest. It is about time these materialistic self absorbed generation get out there and make thier voices heard.

The majority in this country wants this war to end. Most wont go out to the streets, but maybe if they did we could get out of this mess. I just heard on the news this morning that we have spent 500 billion on it so far!!!! FIVE! HUNDERED! BILLION.

What has this money gotten us? Anyone notice our economy lately? Price of gas a bit high? Food? 4000 of our men and women dead? For what exactly?

How does holding up traffic on a highway stop the war?

Guest Guest

First of all, you need to look at this:

Support for war effort highest since 2006

American public support for the military effort in Iraq has reached a high point unseen since the summer of 2006, a development that promises to reshape the political landscape.

According to late February polling conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, 53 percent of Americans — a slim majority — now believe “the U.S. will ultimately succeed in achieving its goals” in Iraq. That figure is up from 42 percent in September 2007.

The percentage of those who believe the war in Iraq is going “very well” or “fairly well” is also up, from 30 percent in February 2007 to 48 percent today.

The situation in Iraq remains fluid, of course. A surge in violence or in troop deaths could lead to rapid fluctuations in public opinion. But as the war nears its fifth year, the steady upturn in the public mood stands to alter the dynamics of races up and down the ballot.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uui...0094F73CEC7BAD1

Secondly, the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the rising price of gas, food, etc. If you can make a connection, then please try to; rather than spouting your ill-informed opinion.

Thanks to the sacrifice of our brave soldiers and marines, Iraq is no longer a threat to itself, the world, or the US. You need to keep in mind that the US economy produces $13 trillion worth of goods and services per year. The war in Iraq is not an undue burden. I'm not sure why you would want to march with 40 other misfits in support of a dead rightwing fascist tyrant.

60 minutes asked the Iraq soldiers who they wanted to win the election in the US and to a man they said Democrat because they have seen what the Republicans have accomplished. What are we doing there is a good question. No WMD no Al quaida (until we got there) and troops who look and act shell shocked. And why would they not with IED's blowing up around them. Our troops need something better than this and we need them home. And the Iraq people can hardly stand anymore freedom. Let them march and protest their cause is the right one.

@

Archived