Poor Spartans =[

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
The poor kid has never thrown a varsity pitch until the state semifinals with the bases loaded. How about giving a kid a little experience instead of just throwing him to the wolves. This is a coaching mistake. And poor Ruby. He pitched in just about every game down the stretch. Of course he was going to show signs of fatigue and not be as effective. This is another coaching mistake. I don't know how you can argue otherwise. I hope Ruby's arm is okay and I hope VanWoert's psyche is okay, because Crooks messed with both.

Oh and let me save you some time.

CBM number 16

Rubys arm looked dead, too much use. Reid Van Wert was throwing harder. He got hosed on some good pitches.....

Need to move SS to 2nd and 2nd to SS.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest

Everyone hopes Ruby's arm is Ok-is this for real? They lost to a better team who held their composure-not surprised by this at all-everyone was begging them at the beginning of the season get rid of that cockiness it will kill you-guess they were right! And I have no clue why M. T. did so much bs talking he didn't' prove to be much of anything in any sport this year.

Guest Guest
The poor kid has never thrown a varsity pitch until the state semifinals with the bases loaded. How about giving a kid a little experience instead of just throwing him to the wolves. This is a coaching mistake. And poor Ruby. He pitched in just about every game down the stretch. Of course he was going to show signs of fatigue and not be as effective. This is another coaching mistake. I don't know how you can argue otherwise. I hope Ruby's arm is okay and I hope VanWoert's psyche is okay, because Crooks messed with both.

CBM number 16

Just making yourselves look foolish.

HO HUIM, ANOTHER CBM. (CROOKS BASHING MORON).

Guest Guest

CBM number 16

You continue to be a idiot = bash the coach.

I will be a intelligent sports mind = blame the kids who choked.

Guest Guest
You continue to be a idiot = bash the coach.

I will be a intelligent sports mind = blame the kids who choked.

Apparently you don't understand the pressure a tenth grader pitching for the first time ever on varsity in a state semifinal would feel, nor do you understand that pitching several innings on very little rest makes it feel difficult to maintain a high level of performance. That puts you and Gary on the same level of baseball intelligence (negligible) and now I understand why you are defending him so adamantly. Crooks should not have put these kids in these situations and anybody who has played competitive sports would understand this point.

Let me put it in terms you can understand. Ruby's shoulder probably felt the way your thumb feels after a 24 hour x box marathon. Your thumb gets pretty tired doesn't it? You aren't as good at the x box during that 24th hour as you were during the first couple of hours, right?

Tired shoulder = tired thumb after 24 hours of x box.

Guest Guest
Apparently you don't understand the pressure a tenth grader pitching for the first time ever on varsity in a state semifinal would feel, nor do you understand that pitching several innings on very little rest makes it feel difficult to maintain a high level of performance. That puts you and Gary on the same level of baseball intelligence (negligible) and now I understand why you are defending him so adamantly. Crooks should not have put these kids in these situations and anybody who has played competitive sports would understand this point.

Let me put it in terms you can understand. Ruby's shoulder probably felt the way your thumb feels after a 24 hour x box marathon. Your thumb gets pretty tired doesn't it? You aren't as good at the x box during that 24th hour as you were during the first couple of hours, right?

Anyway you want to slice it..........BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ho hum, another CBM. (CROOKS BASHING MORON).

19 AND COUNTING.

Guest Guest

Crooks tried to squeak by without using Ruby in the semi but then it came to the point where he had to put him in just to get a chance at the state championship. I felt bad for Reid. He's a good pitcher but was put in a terribly tough spot. It certainly was hard to get the outside strike there for a while but that is NOT the reason they lost. A simple solution would be to go for the inside corner. But nevertheless I thought Crooks could have possibly put Barrett in there in that situation as opposed to Reid. Barrett was their number 3 all year, correct? Whatever the reason was, I think he should have put in someone with a little more experience then Reid in that situation. In the end though, Clarke stayed in the game and fought back when they were down whereas M-E got down on their selves and kind of took their self out of the game.

On a different note, I thought Reid threw the hardest out of any of the M-E pitchers except maybe Barbarino in the first two innings. Rubys' arm is dying and he needs to rest it, honestly for at least month. He has pitched way too much these past two years and he is losing velocity. I saw him pitch last year and this year and and I truly believe he was throwing harder last year. Crooks needs to be careful with him next year as do Rubys summer coaches this year because he could get hurt. I played with some guys in college that pitched around the same amount of innings Ruby has and 90% of them had Tommy John Surgery or other arm problems. He is very talented and I would hate to see it go to waste because he was over used in high school.

Who is to blame here? The coaches for some decision making and letting their team get down like they did. And the players for getting down and failing to stay aggressive and fight back (with the exception of a few). In addition there were some boneheaded plays by some players that did not help either. Plus both coaches and players let the umpires get in their head, and when that happens you will almost never win. So in conclusion, who is to blame? Everyone.

Guest Guest
Crooks tried to squeak by without using Ruby in the semi but then it came to the point where he had to put him in just to get a chance at the state championship. I felt bad for Reid. He's a good pitcher but was put in a terribly tough spot. It certainly was hard to get the outside strike there for a while but that is NOT the reason they lost. A simple solution would be to go for the inside corner. But nevertheless I thought Crooks could have possibly put Barrett in there in that situation as opposed to Reid. Barrett was their number 3 all year, correct? Whatever the reason was, I think he should have put in someone with a little more experience then Reid in that situation. In the end though, Clarke stayed in the game and fought back when they were down whereas M-E got down on their selves and kind of took their self out of the game.

On a different note, I thought Reid threw the hardest out of any of the M-E pitchers except maybe Barbarino in the first two innings. Rubys' arm is dying and he needs to rest it, honestly for at least month. He has pitched way too much these past two years and he is losing velocity. I saw him pitch last year and this year and and I truly believe he was throwing harder last year. Crooks needs to be careful with him next year as do Rubys summer coaches this year because he could get hurt. I played with some guys in college that pitched around the same amount of innings Ruby has and 90% of them had Tommy John Surgery or other arm problems. He is very talented and I would hate to see it go to waste because he was over used in high school.

Who is to blame here? The coaches for some decision making and letting their team get down like they did. And the players for getting down and failing to stay aggressive and fight back (with the exception of a few). In addition there were some boneheaded plays by some players that did not help either. Plus both coaches and players let the umpires get in their head, and when that happens you will almost never win. So in conclusion, who is to blame? Everyone.

Kids play the game pal.

Another CBM, (CROOKS BASHING MORON).

20 AND MOVING.

Guest guest

Good post...

Guest Guest

Good post...

AGREE. Finally a good post that has some thought to it.

Guest STAC WATCHER

WORT CAN NOT THROW STRIKES AND RUBY PITCHES POORLY AND YOU BLAME THE COACH? YOU MAY BE IMPRESSED WITH YOURSELF , YOU SURE AS HECK ARE NOT IMPRESSING ME. THOSE ALL STARS TRAVEL ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY ATTENDING CAMPS. SHOWCASING THEIR SELF PERCIEVEDTALENT, PLAY LOUSY WHEN IT COUNTSAND YOU BLAME THE COACH? HOME PLATE IS THE SAME DISTANCE FROM THE RUBBER WHETHER AT BROOME TECH , OR THE MISSOULA ALLSTAR CAMP. WORT SPIT THE BIT BIG TIME, JV , FROSH OR WHAT EVER. RUBY IS TOO FULL OF HIMSELF, HAD A BAD DAY AND THATS THAT. THEY ARE KIDS, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. THE COACH DID A GOOD JOB. HE WAS AGGRESSIVE, DID NOT SIT BACKAND WAIT FOR SOMETHIN G TO HAPPEN HE FORCED THE ISSUE. THE SOMMERS COACH IN ME PREVIOUS GAME COACHED NOT TO LOSE ,HAD HE BEEN MORE AGGRESSIVE THEY WOULD OF BEAT M.E. I BELIEVE. THE M. E. CENTERFIELDER IS THE ONLY SPARTAN WHO DID NOT CRUMBLE.

Guest Guest
WORT CAN NOT THROW STRIKES AND RUBY PITCHES POORLY AND YOU BLAME THE COACH? YOU MAY BE IMPRESSED WITH YOURSELF , YOU SURE AS HECK ARE NOT IMPRESSING ME. THOSE ALL STARS TRAVEL ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY ATTENDING CAMPS. SHOWCASING THEIR SELF PERCIEVEDTALENT, PLAY LOUSY WHEN IT COUNTSAND YOU BLAME THE COACH? HOME PLATE IS THE SAME DISTANCE FROM THE RUBBER WHETHER AT BROOME TECH , OR THE MISSOULA ALLSTAR CAMP. WORT SPIT THE BIT BIG TIME, JV , FROSH OR WHAT EVER. RUBY IS TOO FULL OF HIMSELF, HAD A BAD DAY AND THATS THAT. THEY ARE KIDS, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. THE COACH DID A GOOD JOB. HE WAS AGGRESSIVE, DID NOT SIT BACKAND WAIT FOR SOMETHIN G TO HAPPEN HE FORCED THE ISSUE. THE SOMMERS COACH IN ME PREVIOUS GAME COACHED NOT TO LOSE ,HAD HE BEEN MORE AGGRESSIVE THEY WOULD OF BEAT M.E. I BELIEVE. THE M. E. CENTERFIELDER IS THE ONLY SPARTAN WHO DID NOT CRUMBLE.

THE COACH MISMANAGED A TEAM FULL OF TALENT. RUBY PITCHED SO MANY INNINGS AND CROOKS RELIED WAY TOO HEAVILY ON HIM THAT HE COULD NOT BE EFFECTIVE AT THE END. EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD GET SEVERAL DAYS OFF AFTER STARTS. HE PUT IN A KID WITH NO EXPERIENCE TO PUT OUT A FIRE. THATS LIKE PUTTING A DOUBLE A PLAYER IN TO CLOSE OUT GAME 7 OF THE WORLD SERIES. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE GAME OF BASEBALL???

CBM number 16

Van Woert is a good pitcher but his first time on Varsity. It was a heck of a spot to put the kid in. I am wondering why Meleski wasn't brought in.

Guest guest

Good post...

Guest guest

Guest stac watcher
THE COACH MISMANAGED A TEAM FULL OF TALENT. RUBY PITCHED SO MANY INNINGS AND CROOKS RELIED WAY TOO HEAVILY ON HIM THAT HE COULD NOT BE EFFECTIVE AT THE END. EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD GET SEVERAL DAYS OFF AFTER STARTS. HE PUT IN A KID WITH NO EXPERIENCE TO PUT OUT A FIRE. THATS LIKE PUTTING A DOUBLE A PLAYER IN TO CLOSE OUT GAME 7 OF THE WORLD SERIES. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE GAME OF BASEBALL???

MR DOUBLEDAY.. YOUR MEMORY IS AS FAILINGAS YOUR ARGUMENT. REMEMBER LAST YEAR ? RUBY BARBARINO BARBARINO RUBY...WALA A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. WHEN IT WORKS THE CHOSEN ONES ARE ALL THIS AND ALL THAT. WHEN THEY PITCH POORLY , THE COACH OVER WORKED THEM.. WHEN THEIR SWINGS WERE FUTILE IT WAS THE UMPIRES FAULT.APITCH IS A PITCH ,WHO EVER THROWS IT. I DONT CARE WHAT AGE OR WHAT CLASS THE KID IS IN. HE CAME UP SHORT ,IT IS THAT SIMPLE. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES ? I SAW THE GAME.. THE M E KIDS PLAYED POORLY IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME, THE COACH WAS NOT TO BLAME. HE HAD THE KIDS STEALING. THEY TOOK THE EXTRABASE ETC ETC. BARETT WAS BYPASSED IN BOTH THE SEMI AND FINAL FOUR GAME ,DOES NT THAT GIVE YOU A CLUE WHAT THE COACH THOUGHT OF HIS PITCHING ABILITIES AT THIS LEVEL.MR. BASEBALL MOST ANYONE CAN BEAT OWEGO AND WHITNEY PT. LABELING HIM A THREE ,SHOWS YOUR BASEBALL WISDOM LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED,

Guest Inspector Poirot
MR DOUBLEDAY.. YOUR MEMORY IS AS FAILINGAS YOUR ARGUMENT. REMEMBER LAST YEAR ? RUBY BARBARINO BARBARINO RUBY...WALA A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. WHEN IT WORKS THE CHOSEN ONES ARE ALL THIS AND ALL THAT. WHEN THEY PITCH POORLY , THE COACH OVER WORKED THEM.. WHEN THEIR SWINGS WERE FUTILE IT WAS THE UMPIRES FAULT.APITCH IS A PITCH ,WHO EVER THROWS IT. I DONT CARE WHAT AGE OR WHAT CLASS THE KID IS IN. HE CAME UP SHORT ,IT IS THAT SIMPLE. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES ? I SAW THE GAME.. THE M E KIDS PLAYED POORLY IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME, THE COACH WAS NOT TO BLAME. HE HAD THE KIDS STEALING. THEY TOOK THE EXTRABASE ETC ETC. BARETT WAS BYPASSED IN BOTH THE SEMI AND FINAL FOUR GAME ,DOES NT THAT GIVE YOU A CLUE WHAT THE COACH THOUGHT OF HIS PITCHING ABILITIES AT THIS LEVEL.MR. BASEBALL MOST ANYONE CAN BEAT OWEGO AND WHITNEY PT. LABELING HIM A THREE ,SHOWS YOUR BASEBALL WISDOM LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED,

Great insight Mr.Watcher.

You seem to always tell it like it is on here.

I especially enjoy your signature "caps" calling card you leave behind.

Guest Guest
Kids play the game pal.

Another CBM, (CROOKS BASHING MORON).

20 AND MOVING.

Then I guess there is no need to ever have a coach. In any game in any sport and in almost any instance a loss is just as much a coaches fault as it is the players.

CBM tally guy, what do YOU think a coaches responsibility is?

Guest Guest

DEAR MR. CROOKS (GARYS FATHER).. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLAYERS OR CHOSEN ONES BEING GREAT AND WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR. i NEVER SAID THE PITCHING WAS AWESOME. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE UMPIRES. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BARRETT. I AM GENUINELY CONCERNED THAT AN ADULT COACH WITH 'EXPERIENCE' WOULD TRY TO RIDE A PITCHER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TRYING TO WIN A STATE TITLE RATHER THAN CONSIDER THE KIDS FUTURE. (AS MUCH AS YOU ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT RUBY HE IS A GOOD BASEBALL TALENT.) A STATE TITLE LOOKS GOOD ON GARYS RESUME, AND NOBODY IN GARY'S WORLD WILL EVER GIVE A CRAP ABOUT RUBY'S ARM OR HIS FUTURE. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF GARY WENT TO RUBY AND ASKED HIM IF HE COULD PITCH. RUBY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SAID YES GIVEN THE SITUATION. GARY IS A HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL COACH, AND HIS RESPONSILITY, MORE THAN EVEN WINNING, IS TO PREPARE THESE KIDS FOR THEIR FUTURE. BY PITCHING THE KID EVERY OTHER DAY... HE RISKED RUBY'S FUTURE, TRYING TO WIN A TITLE.

Guest STAC WATCHER
DEAR MR. CROOKS (GARYS FATHER).. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLAYERS OR CHOSEN ONES BEING GREAT AND WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR. i NEVER SAID THE PITCHING WAS AWESOME. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE UMPIRES. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BARRETT. I AM GENUINELY CONCERNED THAT AN ADULT COACH WITH 'EXPERIENCE' WOULD TRY TO RIDE A PITCHER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TRYING TO WIN A STATE TITLE RATHER THAN CONSIDER THE KIDS FUTURE. (AS MUCH AS YOU ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT RUBY HE IS A GOOD BASEBALL TALENT.) A STATE TITLE LOOKS GOOD ON GARYS RESUME, AND NOBODY IN GARY'S WORLD WILL EVER GIVE A CRAP ABOUT RUBY'S ARM OR HIS FUTURE. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF GARY WENT TO RUBY AND ASKED HIM IF HE COULD PITCH. RUBY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SAID YES GIVEN THE SITUATION. GARY IS A HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL COACH, AND HIS RESPONSILITY, MORE THAN EVEN WINNING, IS TO PREPARE THESE KIDS FOR THEIR FUTURE. BY PITCHING THE KID EVERY OTHER DAY... HE RISKED RUBY'S FUTURE, TRYING TO WIN A TITLE.
DO YOU EVER LET THE FACTS INFLUENCE WHAT YOU POST ? RUBY PITCHED THREE INNINGS IN THE FIRST PLAYOFFGAME. A LEFTY STARTED THE NEXT ONE, I BELIEVE RUBY PITCHED FIVE INNINGS. THE NEXT GAME THE THIRD PLAYOFF GASME THE COACH STARTED HIS THIRD DIFFERENT PITCHER....... HOW IN THE WORLD ...THE REAL ONE THAT IS....... CAN YOU SAY THE COACH OVER USED ANYONE? HE ASKED HIS PLAYER OF THE YEAR HOT SHOT TO PITCH A COUPLE OF INNINGS IN A STATE SEMI..... RUBY GOT ABUSED ALRIGHT BUT IT WAS BY CLARKE NOT HIS COACH. TOO MANY PEOPLE WANT TO PUT BLAME IN THE WRONG PLACES, THE KIDS ARE MADE TO BELIEVE THEY ARE BETTER THAN THEY REALLY ARE,WHEN ADVERSARY COMES THEY CAN NOT DEAL WITH IT. POOR PITCHING MEANS THE COACH OVERUSED ME, POOR HITTING MEANS THE UMPS MADE ME SWINGAT BAD PITCHES, I CAN NOT GET THE BALL OVER THE PLATE , IM ONLY A FRESHMAN...ETC ETC. M E HAS SOME NICE PLAYERS, NOTHING SPECIAL. HOFSTRA, BU. ST JOHNS TYPE PLAYERS. IN THEIR MINDS ,HELPED BY APOLIGISTAS SUCH AS YOURSELF THEY SEE TEXAS,USC. ETC DREAMS AND DREAMERS. I IMAGINE IT WILL BE MORE CAMPS MORE SHOW CASES ....SORE ARMS AND ALL AND WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR FOR THESE ALMOST MADE ITS.

Guest Guest
Van Woert is a good pitcher but his first time on Varsity. It was a heck of a spot to put the kid in. I am wondering why Meleski wasn't brought in.

#1 because Reed's Dad is a Sparent!

#2 Because it is time to poop all over the senior players like ME Baseball always does. (just starting a little earlier for Meleski)

#3 Crooks as demonstrated in the past does not know what he is doing and is "in love" with his sparents clouding his judgement!

Archived