Solar Panel Help

The Mole

Greetings all !

I'm considering a retrofit on my house. I have fantastic southern exposure making it well suitable for some solar heating panels.

I've seen some on houses and when I stop and ask the owners about the manufacturer of the panels they have no idea.

These are panels about a foot and a half square , glass front and it looks like a multi hex panel inside. These are hot air panels.

I've been looking on the net and can't find a thing. The nice part is it looks like you can configure an arrangement of the panels

to fit numerous spaces instead of some of the monster panels out there.

Any help is appreciated !

Guest Guest
Greetings all !

I'm considering a retrofit on my house. I have fantastic southern exposure making it well suitable for some solar heating panels.

I've seen some on houses and when I stop and ask the owners about the manufacturer of the panels they have no idea.

These are panels about a foot and a half square , glass front and it looks like a multi hex panel inside. These are hot air panels.

I've been looking on the net and can't find a thing. The nice part is it looks like you can configure an arrangement of the panels

Just saw these online:

Solar Shingles

They're like regular roof shingles that have solar panels in them.

F NYSEG!

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Not trying to be cynical, I'd love to be off the grid myself. But given the number of cloudy days here in the northeast it'd probably take 15 years or so to recoup the initial cost, and by that point the panels might be close to their life expectancy being exposed to the winter elements. I don't think you'd ever be able to sever the NYSEG connection. The panels would just charge a bank of batteries (which also need replacing in time). If I were in the southwest I'd definitely have some, but I just don't think they're practical for this area.

Guest LIGHT
I've wondered about these myself, but I also wonder how well they would work in our area.

What happens if you have a week of days like today and yesterday?

@

Even with over cast skys today's solar panel's are pulling energy from the sky. Now true they are gathering more energy when there are no clouds and they do generate power.

for the poster check out www.getenergysmart.gov

@

Guest Guest
Greetings all !

I saw a commercial on the real estate showcase on ch. 14 for a company called ETM Solar Works that is located in Endicott, they install solar panels.

Archived