Mayor Ryan- the biggest jerk of all the protesters

Guest Lance Thunder

Guest Lance Thunder

Why does this illiterate so-called mayor always waste the tax payers money? Does he get paid to protest? He did the same thing with the St. Patrick's four. Get a life and try acting like a "real" mayor! TJS

Guest guest
Why does this illiterate so-called mayor always waste the tax payers money? Does he get paid to protest? He did the same thing with the St. Patrick's four. Get a life and try acting like a "real" mayor! TJS

1) He's not wasting tax payers money by protesting on his own time actually.

2) Expressing one's own political convictions are part of 'having a life" so he has one. It looks like it's you who needs one.

3) I have an idea: We should implement an exchange program for all of those who think that getting killed and killing, and that coming back home with no proper health and psychiatric care is a good idea. This exchange program would consist on releasing one soldier who wants to come home (and i bet you there are many), paying for proper care, and taking their place in Irak.

Guest Guest

2) Expressing one's own political convictions are part of 'having a life" so he has one. It looks like it's you who needs one.

3) I have an idea: We should implement an exchange program for all of those who think that getting killed and killing, and that coming back home with no proper health and psychiatric care is a good idea. This exchange program would consist on releasing one soldier who wants to come home (and i bet you there are many), paying for proper care, and taking their place in Irak.

Of course, the only problem with that is that military service is VOLUNTARY...nobody made them join.

Guest Guest
Of course, the only problem with that is that military service is VOLUNTARY...nobody made them join.

Nobody made them join except maybe they were lied to, like the rest of us. How about a government that will tap on your patriotism to send you to a war of self interest? the supposed ideals behind it justify the attrocities. Freedom and democracy were behind it, and many people bought it. Many soldiers thought they were fighting for their country. Others joined because they thought that it would be a way to pay for college, except you don't need a college degree if you are dead. The economy is in shambles, there are fewer and fewer opportunities for advancement and the recruiting centers pray on young men by presenting the army as an opportunity for it. When these young people want to get out because they can't take the brutality of it all, they can't! When they come back missing limbs, or severyly psycologically damaged, they are not given proper care. There is a very high rate of suicide in soldiers that come back, but they are not countes as casualties of war. And for what? Is your oil cheaper now? is our economy doing better? is there 'freedom' in Irak? Would you join the army?

Guest Guest
Nobody made them join except maybe they were lied to, like the rest of us. How about a government that will tap on your patriotism to send you to a war of self interest? the supposed ideals behind it justify the attrocities. Freedom and democracy were behind it, and many people bought it. Many soldiers thought they were fighting for their country. Others joined because they thought that it would be a way to pay for college, except you don't need a college degree if you are dead. The economy is in shambles, there are fewer and fewer opportunities for advancement and the recruiting centers pray on young men by presenting the army as an opportunity for it. When these young people want to get out because they can't take the brutality of it all, they can't! When they come back missing limbs, or severyly psycologically damaged, they are not given proper care. There is a very high rate of suicide in soldiers that come back, but they are not countes as casualties of war. And for what? Is your oil cheaper now? is our economy doing better? is there 'freedom' in Irak? Would you join the army?

Oooops. Don't let the facts get in the way of your moonbat meltdown.

According to Army statistics ... 70 percent of soldiers eligible to re-enlist in 2006 did so — a re-enlistment rate higher than before Sept. 11, 2001. For the past 10 years, the enlisted retention rates of the Army have exceeded 100 percent. As of last Nov. 13, Army re-enlistment was 137 percent of its stated goal.

Guest Guest
And for what? Is your oil cheaper now? is our economy doing better? is there 'freedom' in Irak? Would you join the army?

1. Only liberals ever said this war was about the cost of oil, the war was never started for oil, it was about terrorism and a regime that was not abiding by UN sanctions.

2. The economy isn't collapsing because of the war, its collapsing because of banks and other credit institutions preying on people to try and make more money, but instead getting nothing. The mortgage and credit crisis in this country are more directly related to greed of people than the war. People were spending money beyond their means and the banks enabled it. Now the banks are finding that they can't recoup the money they lent out even with foreclosures because the real estate market is shot, and no the government should not be stepping in to save people from it, we are already overtaxed and too reliant on government bailouts in this era.

3. Is there "freedom" in Iraq, yes there is far more freedom than there was prior to the start of the war. Is there violence associated with it? Yes, watch the Adams miniseries about the American revolution and see how much violence we went through to get our freedom. Only a fool thinks that massive change like this comes peacefully.

4. I was in the military, I enjoyed it tremendously and it made me a better man.

FYI, I am a registered Libertarian, I do not agree with this administrations decision to go into Iraq, I felt we should have focused on Afghanistan and Pakistan to truly eliminate the threat of the terrorists, and I feel that way to this day. Entering Iraq was always a trap, and Bush Sr was smart enough to listen to his military advisors about it in the first Gulf War. No we are stuck there for an extended period of time, because pulling our troops out too rashly will lead to a complete destabilization of the whole Middle East. Like it or not, war and fighting is a fact of human nature. We will totally eliminate it from life no matter what you feel about it.

Guest Guest

Has anyone listened to Winter Soldier on NPR? Soldiers are testifying in Maryland about their involvement and observations of the war in Iraq. Their bravery to come forward is admirable. Their stories are horrifying and unforgettable.

It's been on around noon every day this week.

Guest Guest
Has anyone listened to Winter Soldier on NPR? Soldiers are testifying in Maryland about their involvement and observations of the war in Iraq. Their bravery to come forward is admirable. Their stories are horrifying and unforgettable.

Just like John Kerry and his illiterate delusions.

War is hell. They are all volunteers.

Guest Stay Neutral Matt

You're right about the money thing. In this case though I feel mayor Ryan would actually be most benefitial if he stayed neutral on this issue. It's not like he's trying to win the 2008 Presidential election.

Guest Guest

NPR?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
1. Only liberals ever said this war was about the cost of oil, the war was never started for oil, it was about terrorism and a regime that was not abiding by UN sanctions.

We'd better make plans to invade Israel immediately then. They're in violation of a bucketload of UN resolutions.

I belive the good ole USA is as well.

Can you invade and occupy yourself?

@

Guest Guest

Why was Matt Ryan and some of his staff picketing agaisnt Time-Warner Cable in support of a few employees from Utica?

Is he being paid to picket private companies on his lunch hour?

@

I will never understand this idea that it is a "liberal" idea that the war is about oil. You are naive to think it's completely about "rooting out the narrow recesses to rid the world of the Axis of Evil." You've opened your mouth wide and let George W. pour into your head all of the lies that this country has listened to for years. Unfortunately, it sounds like you believed him! Um...FYI...Saddam didn't fly an airplane into the World Trade Center. In fact, I highly doubt Al Quaida had anything to do with it at all, but that's too revolutionary for you to get. Think Halliburton.

Archived