Knew this was coming...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Six anti-war protesters try to file complaint against police

VESTAL -- Six people involved in an anti-war protest Tuesday that led to nine arrests attempted to file complaints against the Vestal Police Department today, alleging officers used excessive force and handled the situation unprofessionally.

But the group was redirected to the Broome County District Attorney's Office shortly after arriving this afternoon at Vestal police headquarters.

"A police agency doesn't really want to investigate itself," Vestal Police Chief John Butler told the group.

Members of the group said they planned to go to the district attorney's office this afternoon. A phone call to the district attorney's office wasn't immediately returned.

Of the six who attempted to file complaints, three are facing charges in connection with the protest on the Vestal Parkway, during which a confrontation with police erupted.

Those three are:

* Basheer A. Bergus Jr., 20, of Union Center Highway, Endicott, who is charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct, a violation.

* David Bittner, 23, of East Aurora, who is charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

* Thomas A. Pieragastini, 25, of North Street, Binghamton, who is charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

Guest Guest
Six anti-war protesters try to file complaint against police

VESTAL -- Six people involved in an anti-war protest Tuesday that led to nine arrests attempted to file complaints against the Vestal Police Department today, alleging officers used excessive force and handled the situation unprofessionally.

But the group was redirected to the Broome County District Attorney's Office shortly after arriving this afternoon at Vestal police headquarters.

"A police agency doesn't really want to investigate itself," Vestal Police Chief John Butler told the group.

Members of the group said they planned to go to the district attorney's office this afternoon. A phone call to the district attorney's office wasn't immediately returned.

Of the six who attempted to file complaints, three are facing charges in connection with the protest on the Vestal Parkway, during which a confrontation with police erupted.

Those three are:

* Basheer A. Bergus Jr., 20, of Union Center Highway, Endicott, who is charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct, a violation.

* David Bittner, 23, of East Aurora, who is charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

* Thomas A. Pieragastini, 25, of North Street, Binghamton, who is charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

Some of you BCV posters have just completely lost your mind over some idiotic behavior of a bunch of kids.

Sad.

Guest Law & Order
i am kind of suprised that two of them are locals...so much for the down state students being bashed for this. I hope the DA looks at them and their listens to their stories...then tells them to get out and to stop wasting his time.

The two may not be locals... Maybe their local addresses are the housing where they are living while attending college???

Does our tax money go to investigating police who are only doing their job???

Claiming Police Brutality is insane seeing they were blocking a state highway!! Perhaps more charges should be brought against them!!!

The two may not be locals... Maybe their local addresses are the housing where they are living while attending college???

Does our tax money go to investigating police who are only doing their job???

Claiming Police Brutality is insane seeing they were blocking a state highway!! Perhaps more charges should be brought against them!!!

I doubt the one kid that lives on union center highway is only living there to go to school at BU. Thats a commute. I agree. to waste tax dollars on an investigation is insane. but what the hell does it matter to them. they are not taxpayers.

Guest Concerned
I doubt the one kid that lives on union center highway is only living there to go to school at BU. Thats a commute. I agree. to waste tax dollars on an investigation is insane. but what the hell does it matter to them. they are not taxpayers.

I'm afraid that they will go running to Ronnie Benjamin and sue the Vestal Police Dept. and the District Attorney if they don't get the results they want!

Guest Adolph

"

* Basheer A. Bergus Jr., 20, of Union Center Highway, Endicott, who is charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct, a violation."

Basheer Bergus is not the brightest bozo at BU, maybe he was apartment hunting, and got lost. I'm sure Sr. is very proud of his pathetic fat stupid son.

@

Archived