Let's ask Kate Madigan of the NYSBA

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

On Pressconnet.com "bing4126" wants to look at legal issues.

Here is my response:

"And again, since you continue to want to bring it up, I'll stand by my criticism of the Montreal newspaer and my legal issues with it, will Matt Ryan stand by his numerous police incidents of harassing women (Meyerhoff 1997 (twice), Fleury 1999, Brightwell 2003, Burrell 2005) and his arrest and conviction in Vestal and subsequent sealing of the court documents in Nov. 2005? Will Ryan acknowledge those?

Also, while on the topic did Matthew T. Ryan declare his conviction to the NY State Bar Association when applying for his lawyer's license (1990)?

Did he disclose the arrest and conviction to the Town of Dickinson Court in 2005 when filing for his adjournment in contemplation of dismissal (ACD)?

Did Mr. Ryan commit perjury?

The Press & Sun-Bulletin could file two Freedom of Information requests and get this information in a week.

Kathryn Grant Madigan of Binghamton (Levene Gouldin & Thompson LLP), the 110th President of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) could verify if Ryan disclosed his conviction to the NY Bar Association."

Guest Trump

Here is my response:

"And again, since you continue to want to bring it up, I'll stand by my criticism of the Montreal newspaer and my legal issues with it, will Matt Ryan stand by his numerous police incidents of harassing women (Meyerhoff 1997 (twice), Fleury 1999, Brightwell 2003, Burrell 2005) and his arrest and conviction in Vestal and subsequent sealing of the court documents in Nov. 2005? Will Ryan acknowledge those?

Also, while on the topic did Matthew T. Ryan declare his conviction to the NY State Bar Association when applying for his lawyer's license (1990)?

Did he disclose the arrest and conviction to the Town of Dickinson Court in 2005 when filing for his adjournment in contemplation of dismissal (ACD)?

The Press & Sun-Bulletin could file two Freedom of Information requests and get this information in a week.

Kathryn Grant Madigan of Binghamton (Levene Gouldin & Thompson LLP), the 110th President of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) could verify if Ryan disclosed his conviction to the NY Bar Association."

I believe it takes a felony conviction to be disbarred.

Guest Guest
I believe it takes a felony conviction to be disbarred.

Initially perhaps, but committing perjury subsequent to that? If you committ perjury about the type or conviction itself isn't that worse than the actual misdemanor?

For the ACD does the type of crime make a difference, doesn't it require full disclosure?

@

Guest Guest #10

Here is my response:

You can ask all you want, but Kate Madigan will not be able to help. The New York State Bar association is a voluntary bar association - it does not license lawyers or approve them for bar admission. Let's see if the OP can figure out which part of New York State government actually approves candidates for admission to the bar.

ho hum....

header_appdivfirstdept2.gif

photo_appdiv.jpg

Attorney Admissions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Committee on Character and Fitness

41 Madison Avenue, 26th Floor

New York, New York 10010

(212) 779-1779

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attorney Admissions

Admission By Examination And On Motion

License as a Foreign Legal Consultant

Attorney Admissions:

Attorneys are admitted to the practice of law in New York State through one of the four Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court. All individuals who are successful on the New York State bar examination, as well as those seeking admission on motion and foreign attorneys seeking to be licensed as foreign legal consultants in the First Judicial Department, must pass through an application process administered by the Committee on Character and Fitness of the Appellate Division First Department. This process requires that the applicant complete and file an application and appear for a personal interview by a member of the Committee on Character and Fitness. The First Department also requires that applicants attend a mandatory orientation program prior to admission. After the Committee on Character and Fitness certifies the applicant for admission the applicant must participate in an admission ceremony conducted in open court. The admission cycle in the First Department is conducted approximately fourteen times each year.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad1/index.shtml

So the question remains, was Matthew T. Ryan truthful when he applied for his license to practice law in NY State in 1990-1? Did he delcare his conviction in Vestal in 1983?

Guest Guest
ho hum....

header_appdivfirstdept2.gif

photo_appdiv.jpg

Attorney Admissions

Committee on Character and Fitness

41 Madison Avenue, 26th Floor

New York, New York 10010

(212) 779-1779

Attorney Admissions

Admission By Examination And On Motion

License as a Foreign Legal Consultant

Attorney Admissions:

Attorneys are admitted to the practice of law in New York State through one of the four Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court. All individuals who are successful on the New York State bar examination, as well as those seeking admission on motion and foreign attorneys seeking to be licensed as foreign legal consultants in the First Judicial Department, must pass through an application process administered by the Committee on Character and Fitness of the Appellate Division First Department. This process requires that the applicant complete and file an application and appear for a personal interview by a member of the Committee on Character and Fitness. The First Department also requires that applicants attend a mandatory orientation program prior to admission. After the Committee on Character and Fitness certifies the applicant for admission the applicant must participate in an admission ceremony conducted in open court. The admission cycle in the First Department is conducted approximately fourteen times each year.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad1/index.shtml

So the question remains, was Matthew T. Ryan truthful when he applied for his license to practice law in NY State in 1990-1? Did he delcare his conviction in Vestal in 1983?

And Ed's mental illness contnues without abate - his obsession with the mayor and "evertyhing Ryan" goes on and on and on until he reaches the golden number of 100,000 posts.

Guest Guest

Luckily we you have to count for us.

Keep up the good work.

Maybe you can print out each post and bind them for us.

OK?

That should keep you busy

Guest Guest

Guess I'l write to the Appellate Division on Monday.

The Committee on Character and Fitness should have a field day with Ryan!

@

Guest Guest
It is difficult to believe Matt Ryan could have passed scrunity of any Board of Character and Fitness. Even for lawyer he is a sleazebag.

So true.

@

Guest Guest
Guess I'l write to the Appellate Division on Monday.

The Committee on Character and Fitness should have a field day with Ryan!

@

Did you get a chance to write in to them today?

FOIL Town of Dickinson Court too.

Guest guest
Did you get a chance to write in to them today?

FOIL Town of Dickinson Court too.

Ed ought to figure out which judicial department Matt Ryan resides in before spewing out answers.

Archived