THE DEATH OF THE "DOLLAR"

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I like this part of that article:

The “almighty” dollar is gone. As I write, believe it or not, people don’t want it. Were you thinking of a European vacation? You had better visit Yosemite instead. In Europe, they don’t have to take the “dollar” and they won’t. They are even starting to prefer the Euro in New York. The Euro started out at less than a dollar. Now it is more than $1.50. The Swiss Franc was four point something a dollar. Now you must pay a tad more than a dollar to get one. Soon, the Euro will replace the dollar as the international currency.

Yes, I know that former career drunk Jorge W. Boosh cannot pronounce “nuclear” and doesn’t really speak English, but one of the main things to understand here is that the men in Washington and New York who are doing this are not at all stupid. They are crashing the “dollar” deliberately. Why?

Guest Milton Friedman
I bet you stressed both your brain cells on that post. :P

I must agree with the general argument of the article, however, it is a bit edgy and touched with paranoia.

Yes. The dollar is gone, brought down by our own sinful, free-spending, live for today at the expense of our children, lifestyles.

The Ugly American.

We did it to ourselves, by living off the plastic in our wallets, by failing to elect politicians committed to controlling government spending, throwing billions at unjust wares, and corporate welfare that rewards greed and indebtedness, over wealth creation.

Make your purchasing power as good as gold, by getting out of the dollar.

And, I will also add, that this is not a bad time to be deeply indebt, because inflation rewards those deep in debt by having to pay back our debts in dollars that are worth(less) tomorrow.

So, who is going to suffer in this big rip-off? Those that have played by the rules, saved, invested, worked hard, stayed out of debt.

Remember, the main lesson from Bear Stearns: Equity holders, mainly the employees, lost everything, while debt holders were kept whole. That is what the Fed accomplished in their policy response to the dollar crisis.

Guest Guest
It's all about exports my friends. When the dollar goes down, exports go up. Why are BMW's made in SC. Honda in Ohio,Fugi film is now all made in the US. The farming comm are reaping the rewards of a low dollar. The Europe economy is in a tail spin because the goods made there are being crushed by the USA. China will have to finally float their currency on the world market. Which will kill thier growth. It's maco economics folks at it's best.

@

Archived