Water Rate Increase 42% Why? Here It Is!! City Hall Screw up!

Guest BCVoice Reporter

Guest BCVoice Reporter

It has come to the attention of BCVoice, City Halls screw up and incompitence by Daphine Gathers who may have filled out FEMA documents wrong for FEMA money to repair the Water Filtration Plant which was damaged in the flood of 2006. The last water rate raise was to cover expenses and most water bills were over a 100% higher than last year. If one of yourprevious past bills during the year was $227.00 dollars before the rate hike last year the new one after it was raised is now about $348.00 dollars for the one bill.

Something is going on here that City hall doesn't want "you" the taxpayer to know!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest P & SB
It has come to the attention of BCVoice, City Halls screw up and incompitence by Daphine Gathers who may have filled out FEMA documents wrong for FEMA money to repair the Water Filtration Plant which was damaged in the flood of 2006. The last water rate raise was to cover expenses and most water bills were over a 100% higher than last year. If one of yourprevious past bills during the year was $227.00 dollars before the rate hike last year the new one after it was raised is now about $348.00 dollars for the one bill.

Something is going on here that City hall doesn't want "you" the taxpayer to know!

I would not count on the Press & Sun-BullCrap to get to the bottom of anything!!! However perhaps they will look into this!

Guest Guest

How stupid of Doofus Ryan to entrust a FEMA claim to Daphne Gathers, a Citizene Action lackey.

I wouldn't trust that woman to write grocery list.

Guest Guest

I stopped to visit my 82 year old Mother whos still capable of taking care of herself and still living in the same house that my family grew up in and found her crying. I asked her what was the matter and she replied im not going to be able to live in this house! I then again asked why she thought that and she said The city is raising up my water bill 42% and with my fixed income i wont be able to pay it.

This is the kind of thing that the local goverment has been doing to make this a place where people would want to move and raise a family between realestate taxes fees and now water increases how are the people who dont make alot of money going to keep up?

Ryan if you read this im going to do anything i can in the next election to keep you out of goverment.

Guest Guest

Ryan is continuing to show the world that "Binghamton Means Business."

The city is in the business of separating people from their money, driving away business and the Middle Class, and keeping them away.

Guest Captain Integrity

Rumors are flying Garo's running a primary against Rainbow Ryan, any truth to the rumors?

I heard though friends he threatened Garo not to run a primary aganist Teri Rennia in last year's election. Is it true? :angry:

Guest Guest
How stupid of Doofus Ryan to entrust a FEMA claim to Daphne Gathers, a Citizene Action lackey.

I wouldn't trust that woman to write grocery list.

I'm surprised Gathers knows how to write.

Has this been checked out?

@

Guest East-of-Water-Plant
Rumors are flying Garo's running a primary against Rainbow Ryan, any truth to the rumors?

Whether or not Garo runs, Paul Graham of the East Side has said repeatedly he's going to run against Ryan in the Democratic primary. (Maybe he'll get more than the 150 or so votes he got running against Ed Collins?)

Guest Guest

Many real, centrists Democrats will want to primary Rainbow Ryan and band of lunatic deviants.

Question is what will be left of Binghamton once they are finished pillaging it?

@

Guest Guest
Many real, centrists Democrats will want to primary Rainbow Ryan and band of lunatic deviants.

Question is what will be left of Binghamton once they are finished pillaging it?

@

Funny you mention it, it hasen't been told to the public and the Press wouldn't investigate it, but Mayor Ryan has invented 16 or more positions at City Hall since he took office, all of which are getting a salary of $30,000 to $35,000 dollars a year. 16 positions to figure out what their doing.

Tell me you think thats a joke or not? Last I knew when Ryan was running for Mayor he claimed he had it all figured out!

What the dam is going on around here.

It's time to get rid of the bum and his loser friends.

@

Guest guest
I don't know what the big stink is.

My water rate has increased more than 250% over the past 3 years with the same useage.

YEP I agree..JC's rose 175%..

@

Guest METER-MAN
YEP I agree..JC's rose 175%..

@

Are you joking you pay taxes for services and it should be one of them!

Enough is Enough! Where do you think it's all going to end?

Guest BCVoice Lover

The OP is asking an important question and giving us important information. The question is will the Binghamton Press investigate (loss (screwup) of FEMA money to repair the Water Filtration Facility) this matter? :angry:

Not a Chance! :(:o:(

@

Guest Guest

Instead of Biotching about raising water bills on here go down to city hall thursday evening for a face to face with your elected officials and biotch to them. You can bet your arse I am going to be there and make my voice known I am not pleased with this increase and neither are my elderly neighbors who won't be able to afford the fee because they live on fixed incomes.

If many of us showed up at city hall to show our displeasure over the water bill hike, demanded to see what could be cut in government so that water bills wouldn't have to be raised just maybe the city would back off from raising the bill.

Remember when you all biotched about Bucci's slight raises in things. What I wouldn't give to have him back as mayor or even Douglas Drazen who had a real plan for this city.

We have Bozo and his psychedelic circus running the show running the city into the ground. It's time to take up the torch and fight this mayor and council on their hald DELETED decisions. They are working against we taxpayers not for us.

@

Yes are correct.

This must be fought.

We have already begun to do so.

We are preparing briefs for council.

FYI, this will not just be a 42% increase. If you factor in increases since one year ago it amounts to about 66%.

This rate increase affects some of the biggest employers in town, manufacturing employers, and it will cost dozens of jobs maybe hundreds.

It doesn't represent a few hundred dollars it represents an increase of $40,000, $60,000 even $100,000 or more, thousands of dollars, directly from the bottom line in a single increase.

How many times to you want to keep slamming private business? Fifteen percent increase in business taxes in two years. How much more do you think these businesses can bear before they shut their doors and take their capital elsewhere?

Pennsylvania is ten miles or less away. Keep that in mind.

But sir, wouldn't it be cheaper to just drill a well than to run a 10-mile pipe down to Pennsylvania?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And besides, yer customers won't drive down to Pennsylvania to visit you if you move there.

Actually we drive there now, even to as far as Allentown, to deliver to and pick up from clients, so it would be cheaper in some instances to relocate. I spent the entire day last Friday in Scranton, Wilkes Barre and some places that we not even on the map visiting clients.

@

Guest Guest
He's a democrat. Actually, he's more of a far left liberal if you look at his position on many issues.

OHHH OK I See he is a taxer then I guess because thats what they say about democrate's correct?????

Guest Guest

I think it's safe to say a large number of politicians, democrat or republican, are taxers around here. Some just tax more than others. After all, it is NYS. But yeah, Ryan is definitely a tax and spender, as seen by the increases in city taxes and water rates. Plus he likes big government, as shown by all the new positions and social programs he's added while more private sector jobs are lost from the city.

Guest Trump
Whether or not Garo runs, Paul Graham of the East Side has said repeatedly he's going to run against Ryan in the Democratic primary. (Maybe he'll get more than the 150 or so votes he got running against Ed Collins?)

Wow.. I think I'd actually vote for Ryan over Graham. Graham seems to think the world revolves around youth football.

Archived