Awful quite in JC

Guest Happy Harry

Guest Happy Harry

It makes me think something BIG is going to happen. The Mayor and board have really been out of the news lately. I'm bracing fro the worst becasue as a resident we know it can't stay this good and quite for long.

Wait it's almost April and I haven't seen the budget wish list yet.. Ok I'm ready!

Guest Guest
It makes me think something BIG is going to happen. The Mayor and board have really been out of the news lately. I'm bracing fro the worst becasue as a resident we know it can't stay this good and quite for long.

Wait it's almost April and I haven't seen the budget wish list yet.. Ok I'm ready!

Actually it can stay quiet, check out this article from about a month ago:

Irvington man is Newark's first homicide victim in 43 days

by The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk Wednesday February 27, 2008, 3:12 PM

Victim, Andre Thomas.A 19-year-old man was shot to death Tuesday night in Newark, ending the city's stretch of six weeks without a homicide.

Police said the victim, Andre Thomas of Irvington, was on South 14th Street when he was approached by a masked gunman, who chased him on foot while firing gunshots. Thomas tried to run into a bodega, but the doors were locked and he was shot to death on the front stoop, police said.

Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 9 p.m., police said.

Police said Thomas had "more than a dozen arrests" to his name. Authorities are still searching for suspects and trying to determine a motive, police said this afternoon.

The killing in the South Ward was the city's first since Jan. 13, ending a homicide-free period of 43 days. In the January killing, an 18-year-old woman was stabbed to death, allegedly by a 15-year-old girl, according to police.

The longest previous stretch without a killing was a 57-day streak in 1961, police have said.

Tuesday's slaying was the fourth of 2008. The year's first two killings were shootings, and in one of those instances a suspect was charged with aggravated manslaughter.

Ninety-nine people were slain in Newark last year, and 107 were killed in 2006, according to police. The city is home to about 281,000 people.

In previous weeks, police have offered several possible reasons for the city's decrease in homicides. One explanation held that raids by city, state and federal law enforcement agencies have resulted in many of the most violent offenders being locked up. Another cites the expansion of street-surveillance cameras.

The Star-Ledger's Newark crime map details the location of every major criminal offense reported in the city between Jan. 1, 2007, and Feb. 3, 2008. Visit New Jersey by the Numbers, then click on "Crime" under the list of databases and select "Map Newark Crime."

@

Guest guest

23.7% increase..oh wait this year Harry blames gas and oil prices. What happened to the usual line of PENSIONS AND HEALTH INSURANCE?. Must be he solved that problem or it would have been 50%.

- JC Village posts are at an all-time low, Rehab must work.

Looking forward to the 6% increase when all is said in done.. see ya at field days and the parade

Guest Guest
23.7% increase..oh wait this year Harry blames gas and oil prices. What happened to the usual line of PENSIONS AND HEALTH INSURANCE?. Must be he solved that problem or it would have been 50%.

- JC Village posts are at an all-time low, Rehab must work.

Looking forward to the 6% increase when all is said in done.. see ya at field days and the parade

Harry does this every year. It is pathetic. He scares everyone with a 20%+ tax increase and then he looks like a hero when the increase is "only" 7%.

@

Guest guest

So what is happening at the meetings about dissolving the village?..haven't heard much on that either.

Guest Guest
So what is happening at the meetings about dissolving the village?..haven't heard much on that either.

They changed their mind. Because of the goodwill theater's revitalization, they decided to annex bimington and rename the whole durned place "Naimaville" !

Guest Quite what?

JC is quite what? Dumpy :blink::blink::blink:

Guest Blame Binghamton
If it is so dumpy..which I agree in some parts..WHY ARE our damn taxes so HIGH

@

Blame Binghamton (your neighbors scarfing up the money) and your representatives :angry:

@

Archived