NYS Gubmint sticks it to Small Business again

Guest W. C. Fields

Guest W. C. Fields

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...EWS01/803250358

The senator's office has a list of more than a dozen local establishments that have been waiting an average of six months for a liquor license and have called his staff to complain.

"I have never, ever seen it this bad and I don't understand it," said Libous, who has served in the Senate for 20 years. "It has been a disaster."

The typical wait-time for a liquor license in New York is three months, said Bill Crowley, a spokesman for the state Liquor Authority.

A sign in front of the would-be Coyote's Bar and Grill is updated daily. On Tuesday, it read: "Waiting for liquor license 177 days & counting."

Well, Gollllleeee, Mr. Senator. How bout getting off your lardy butt and doing sumpin'??

Jordan Patch, president of the recently opened Dino's Bar and Grill in Conklin, said he waited six months for his license. Even after Libous' office made a call on Dino's behalf, it took an additional three months for the application to go through. Dino's opened last week, after applying for the permit in early October.

The process needs to be fixed, Patch said, because business owners shouldn't be fighting the state to make money.

"Let's try to be business friendly," said Patch. "And not let the state process be what sinks the ship."

He said Dino's was nearly bankrupted by the six-month wait.

There you have it. Couldna said it better.

@

Guest Guest

Perhaps the bar owners were not aware of the cash-filled briefcase that needed to be delivered to Tom in order to make this happen. Where is the decorum? This is common knowledge!!!

Had the owners been "friends" (cash cows) of Dom Libous, then the wait would have been 6 days.

'Ol Moneybags has brokered multi-million dollar deals for his "friends" in less than 6 months.

@

I know these people personally, they are very nice people and the fact that they have had to wait this long for the license is ridiculous. It has now become a money burden. still have to pay rent and utilities, but can't make any income. I hope relief comes soon, in the form of a liquor license.

@

Guest mary jane

let's keep pot illegal, but let's get that booze on the express train so it can kill more people than all illegal drugs combined.

that's deep thinking.

Guest Guest
let's keep pot illegal, but let's get that booze on the express train so it can kill more people than all illegal drugs combined.

that's deep thinking.

Ahhhhhh............the haunting whine of the Angry Stoner.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................

Guest mary jane
Ahhhhhh............the haunting whine of the Angry Stoner.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................

i don't smoke pot. i just have a double digit IQ.

Archived