Multi Dwelling Student Housing On Bunn Hill Road

Guest Marcia

Guest Marcia

Out of town developer Campus Crest from NC is proposing to the Town of Vestal to REZONE a rural residential community 2 miles up Bunn Hill Road in Vestal to put RENTAL/STUDENT HOUSING

(anyone can live there, it is basically a rental project gearing towards the students) and REZONE to multi Dwelling.

It will cost 1 million dollars to bring sewer up this steep hill and the only one to benefit from this will be this developer. The residents already have septics. 1 million dollars to put a water tank up and have it 100 ft in the air on stilts, Vestal does 't even know how to maintain a tank like this ( only in areas that our flat) we don't have tanks like that here. Thats how inconsiderate this developer is of our town.

Hey, lets take about the sewage treatment plant, is this in a serviceable area and can this handle 600 -1200 students? Will Broome County residents be paying for this too, gosh, will this cause a stink to taxpayers, no pun intended. The residents wouldn't be getting water either, that will be on the Jensen Road side of the hill, because this developer will be ripping up the road on Jensen Road going across the road digging up that side of the hill, going down a ravine then back up then hill again (Boy am I tried) just to bring water to the developer, who is the ONLY one benefiting from this. Baffles me that there is such unecessary and enormous amount of construction for ONE OUT OF TOWN DEVELOPER. Must know someone very influential to be able to get this passed.

How about the students, they have stated they wouldn't want to live out that far anyways. Isn't SUNY putting in new dorms, what is the need for this, has Vestal Town supervisor checked with SUNY on their project????? Where is this developer getting all this money to do such a hugh unnecessary project. Is this going to raise Vestal Taxes again, Newmans student housing down near Tully's isn't even filled. Anyone can live in these apartments. REMEBER THIS DOESN"T HAVE ANTHING TO DO WITH SUNY Binghamton this is a PRIVATE DEVELOPER. When is Vestal going to say NO to these developers who say they are going to do something then don't carry out their promises. Are they getting another TAX BREAK from VESTAL. Vestal taxes keeping going up. when are we going to wake up. These developers are not going to be helping the economy, they are going to take their money from this community and spend it in NC were they are from. There are not 600 NEW students coming into this area, this developer is going to be taking students who already live here from SUNY CAMPUS or NEWMANS student housing. Lets talk about the traffic on the parkway coming down Bunn Hill Road, safety of these kids, SUNY buses up and down this steep hill, SUNY must have to provide busing for them up there, SAFETY issue. This developer is disrupting 47 acres of land, NUTHATCH HOLLOW bird santuary, wells, erosion to the Bunn Hill Creek, its going to continually flood the residents at the bottom of the hill on Lauderdale and the Parkway. REMEBER THE FLOOD. Where does all this water go??? Campus Crest proposed 605 parking spots, a lot of hardscrape and this developer was so impressed with themselves regarding this. They think a retention pond is going to solve this. Yeah who is going to maintain this pond us TAXPAYERS. They aren't going to care after they build this. They are trying to get out of having a Environmental Study done by saying they are only developing 18 acres, SEEKER ACT. Should be called SNEAKEY ACT. Look up this companys reputation, GOOGLE campus crest LLC BAD BAD REPUTATION. They don't even have a website for this company, can't even find out how many employees they have. They come in here with proposed sites all over the US, bullsh t, They have no experience up in NYS in development with the amount of elevation they are going to have to deal with on this hill. They are only built where its flat in TEXAS. No idea, YEP take your money and run after you cause all these damage to Vestal property and drop it in the lap of the Town of VESTAL and let the TAXES go up again. Town Planning meeting APRIL 1, 2008 at 7:30 VESTAL speak up, before its too late. Broome County speak up Sewage treatment plant will be effected also you watch.

Guest Guest
Out of town developer Campus Crest from NC is proposing to the Town of Vestal to REZONE a rural residential community 2 miles up Bunn Hill Road in Vestal to put RENTAL/STUDENT HOUSING

(anyone can live there, it is basically a rental project gearing towards the students) and REZONE to multi Dwelling.

It will cost 1 million dollars to bring sewer up this steep hill and the only one to benefit from this will be this developer. The residents already have septics. 1 million dollars to put a water tank up and have it 100 ft in the air on stilts, Vestal does 't even know how to maintain a tank like this ( only in areas that our flat) we don't have tanks like that here. Thats how inconsiderate this developer is of our town.

Hey, lets take about the sewage treatment plant, is this in a serviceable area and can this handle 600 -1200 students? Will Broome County residents be paying for this too, gosh, will this cause a stink to taxpayers, no pun intended. The residents wouldn't be getting water either, that will be on the Jensen Road side of the hill, because this developer will be ripping up the road on Jensen Road going across the road digging up that side of the hill, going down a ravine then back up then hill again (Boy am I tried) just to bring water to the developer, who is the ONLY one benefiting from this. Baffles me that there is such unecessary and enormous amount of construction for ONE OUT OF TOWN DEVELOPER. Must know someone very influential to be able to get this passed.

How about the students, they have stated they wouldn't want to live out that far anyways. Isn't SUNY putting in new dorms, what is the need for this, has Vestal Town supervisor checked with SUNY on their project????? Where is this developer getting all this money to do such a hugh unnecessary project. Is this going to raise Vestal Taxes again, Newmans student housing down near Tully's isn't even filled. Anyone can live in these apartments. REMEBER THIS DOESN"T HAVE ANTHING TO DO WITH SUNY Binghamton this is a PRIVATE DEVELOPER. When is Vestal going to say NO to these developers who say they are going to do something then don't carry out their promises. Are they getting another TAX BREAK from VESTAL. Vestal taxes keeping going up. when are we going to wake up. These developers are not going to be helping the economy, they are going to take their money from this community and spend it in NC were they are from. There are not 600 NEW students coming into this area, this developer is going to be taking students who already live here from SUNY CAMPUS or NEWMANS student housing. Lets talk about the traffic on the parkway coming down Bunn Hill Road, safety of these kids, SUNY buses up and down this steep hill, SUNY must have to provide busing for them up there, SAFETY issue. This developer is disrupting 47 acres of land, NUTHATCH HOLLOW bird santuary, wells, erosion to the Bunn Hill Creek, its going to continually flood the residents at the bottom of the hill on Lauderdale and the Parkway. REMEBER THE FLOOD. Where does all this water go??? Campus Crest proposed 605 parking spots, a lot of hardscrape and this developer was so impressed with themselves regarding this. They think a retention pond is going to solve this. Yeah who is going to maintain this pond us TAXPAYERS. They aren't going to care after they build this. They are trying to get out of having a Environmental Study done by saying they are only developing 18 acres, SEEKER ACT. Should be called SNEAKEY ACT. Look up this companys reputation, GOOGLE campus crest LLC BAD BAD REPUTATION. They don't even have a website for this company, can't even find out how many employees they have. They come in here with proposed sites all over the US, bullsh t, They have no experience up in NYS in development with the amount of elevation they are going to have to deal with on this hill. They are only built where its flat in TEXAS. No idea, YEP take your money and run after you cause all these damage to Vestal property and drop it in the lap of the Town of VESTAL and let the TAXES go up again. Town Planning meeting APRIL 1, 2008 at 7:30 VESTAL speak up, before its too late. Broome County speak up Sewage treatment plant will be effected also you watch.

you are a moron. the 1200 students all ready live here. no more demand on the sewage treatment facility. water will be distributed via pumping stations, not tanks on stilts. the developer will be paying for all of the infrastucture costs. that has already been stated. he is aslking for NO tax abatements. that has already been stated. why do you care how much money he spends and where he is from. they have developments all over the country. i am sure that they see a need for the housing and the expected profit from it. mind your own business, unless of course you are the MILLER family and think you can control ALL aspects of that mountain. remember when they didn't want karadjian extending water to the hampton inn on the parkway. you would have thought someone had stolen one of their children. give it up MILLER. i am a resident of VESTAL and i totally agree with the development. GO FOR IT

@

Guest Guest

You must be a NIMBY. Just let them build it. It'll be good for the tax base. I feel sorry that you have to life next to it, but you must have known someday something would be built. BU owns ALL the land behind the campus

@

you are a moron. the 1200 students all ready live here. no more demand on the sewage treatment facility. water will be distributed via pumping stations, not tanks on stilts. the developer will be paying for all of the infrastucture costs. that has already been stated. he is aslking for NO tax abatements. that has already been stated. why do you care how much money he spends and where he is from. they have developments all over the country. i am sure that they see a need for the housing and the expected profit from it. mind your own business, unless of course you are the MILLER family and think you can control ALL aspects of that mountain. remember when they didn't want karadjian extending water to the hampton inn on the parkway. you would have thought someone had stolen one of their children. give it up MILLER. i am a resident of VESTAL and i totally agree with the development. GO FOR IT

@

Oh excuse me, yes there will be pumping stations ...mechanical pumps to cover this issue, what if the electric goes out, oh yes generator, always have a answer, yeah heard it all, No it will have a water tank ...Let talk about FIRES scary, sad and thankful no SUNY STUDENT was home when the Seminary Ave apartment caught on fire today, Vestal doesn't even have enough Volunteers now and to have this cluster of (11) 3-4 stories high building adding to their responsiblity. As for the sewage treatment plant yes the demand will be greater coming out of that one area. They would have to put holding tanks in an release it at various times of the day. I don't care if its private money, but no developer is using their own money there is some kind of tax break, grants something that will increase these vestal residents taxes you watch. Where is he from is an issue build it and leave it. Also they are telling these vestal residents its good for the ecomony, the money will not be going back into vestal economy. They will be spending it where they live in NC. thats why moron. Control the mountain NO people moved there to be away from muti dwellings, have some space. and privacy, invest in their homes, rentals come in and they don't take care of it, its not their investment they are there tempoary, and property value goes down. The property owner has a right to sell their property no one has a grip with that, but the vestal residents have a right to keep it rezone residential the way they purchased their homes and that is residential. There is no multi family dwelling around or even near this property for miles. No one has any objection to this devleoper putting in residential housing its the fact that its mulit family apartment complexes. Yes it is my business and everyone around this land is going to be moved and excavated roads torn up both on Jensen and Bunn Hill it is not a simple contruction project it effects many people and saftey issues.

Making a profit from it ...they won't be rented, the students are already protesting they don't want to live in the boonies, University plaza can't even get rented. Mayor Ryan should probably make a call to campus crest the students would love to be there. Revalized Binghamton the majority of the students rent in Binghamton anyways. GO FOR IT BINGHAMTON.

You must be a NIMBY. Just let them build it. It'll be good for the tax base. I feel sorry that you have to life next to it, but you must have known someday something would be built. BU owns ALL the land behind the campus

@

BU owns all the land behind the campus, yes and they take care of the land with beautiful trails, this is not about the students its about having rentals. Yes it is about the students, its a safety issue that hill is steep. These kids would probably start walking to campus its dangerous and to have those buses going up and down that hill is dangerous. Try walking it sometime it is very steep. That responsiblity should not be put on BU they are their to watch out of their students best interest and for their safety. Yes something should be built there, that is not anyones issue. Not something that will take away from the beauty of bunn HIll and cause so much disruption to the land, Hut Hatch Hollow's is over 80 acres, do you know what it will do to that property alone. This is such a hugh project on such a small piece of property, and the residents know they are not being up front with the town, they bought 49 acres, and have plans to put more housing in IF this gets passed. What was the purpose of buying all that land if they are only building on 18 acres. Put in housing the residence would not be against homeowners. I heard they are trying to get funding the vestal town and residents will find out. These good old boys from the South won't win this battle, well they probably still have hard feeling about the civil war. humm I can't remember didn't the NORTH win.

Guest Guest

Why do they want to invest millions on a project like this when we have all that (state funded?)

student housing over in the University Plaza?

As the news said, this will be the biggest graduating class yet and then the population

of high school students is expected to start dropping however they were

saying the international students will make up the population difference

HOWEVER, I'm sure alot of Asian students stay with asian "sponsors" in the area so you can count

them out as well as other sponsored international students.

Guest long gone from bingo

How could they build at that site? All the landlords in the city of Binghamton will start loosing their cash cow.

They are the only ones who care about the students and have their safety and well being in mind. Just ask them (landlords)

How can they pack students into single family illegal converted student housing when Vestal offers new and safe housing.

I be interested in the Landlords forum reaction the the project. Hit them in the pocketbook.WOW.

The poor students having another choice on where to live.

Guest Guest

Who sold them the land? I looked at the GIS website and some couple from a PO box in CT owns a bunch of land. Then another chunk is owned by the Kradjians...... I did not get a chance to make the meeting lastnight. I heard it will be across the street from the church. Is that true? This should be built at the old Van Atta dealership across the street from BU.

Guest guest

I'm not 100% sure (let me get that out first before the bashing begins) but a few weeks back, I noticed a contractor/developer who was originally from this area who is now operating in Charlotte, spent a lot of time here in Broome County with a local realtor/developer. I thought it was odd until this project was published in the PSB. If in fact "Tony" is part of the LLC company, I'm sure they have all their bases covered so their interests are protected.

Guest Guest

This is totally amazing to me. Here we are in a depressed part of the state with few assets. Whenever someone tries to invest in the region (developer) on behalf of one of our few assets (SUNY) those who have been here forever cry and whine about how this will change our landscape and destroy our quality of life. Are the people around here so determined to keep this area depressed that they will fight every attempt at progress? Do they hate the University that much that anything associated with it is automatically considered bad for the region? SUNY is one of the few things in Greater Binghamton that can be used as a catalyst for growth yet no seems to want to allow it to be exploited as such. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Did you drink Tony Russel's brand of Kool Aid? This area needs development and growth to survive. If the University has folks that are willing to invest and build, let them do it! Lead, Follow or shut up and get out of the way.

End of Rant.

Guest Hey!!

I fell sorry for the people that have to live next to it.

But, its a done deal. The Vestal board is just letting you THINK you have a say in the matter.

Just like the Good Shepherd deal in the Town of Union, the residents that have to live next to it fought hammer and nail not to have it built.

But their pight fell on deaf planning board ears.

GOOD LUCK!!

Guest Guest
I fell sorry for the people that have to live next to it.

But, its a done deal. The Vestal board is just letting you THINK you have a say in the matter.

Just like the Good Shepherd deal in the Town of Union, the residents that have to live next to it fought hammer and nail not to have it built.

But their pight fell on deaf planning board ears.

GOOD LUCK!!

Great, another genius that's convinced growth is bad & New construction is evil.

Let's just let this area continue dying the slow death of nothing....happening.

Guest no bu student housing
Great, another genius that's convinced growth is bad & New construction is evil.

i guess you are the lone supporter who wants no peace and quiet for the nighbors i feel bad for them my god i really do it seems you are nothing but a sad loser who always your way you thing this will benefit people it wont benefit a damn thing i hope when this fails you would come to bc voice and apolgize to the people who voted against it

Guest Guest
i guess you are the lone supporter who wants no peace and quiet for the nighbors i feel bad for them my god i really do it seems you are nothing but a sad loser who always your way you thing this will benefit people it wont benefit a damn thing i hope when this fails you would come to bc voice and apolgize to the people who voted against it

Can anyone translate this for me. I'd be happy to respond when it is written in English.

Guest HUH??

About the only thing that you have CORRECT in this statement is:

OUT OF TOWN DEVELOPER

the rest is all lies and rumours

:P:P:P:P:blink::blink::blink:<_<<_<<_<

How could they build at that site? All the landlords in the city of Binghamton will start loosing their cash cow.

They are the only ones who care about the students and have their safety and well being in mind. Just ask them (landlords)

How can they pack students into single family illegal converted student housing when Vestal offers new and safe housing.

I be interested in the Landlords forum reaction the the project. Hit them in the pocketbook.WOW.

The poor students having another choice on where to live.

Your so right, people who are writing in need to understand HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUNY NOT THEIR PROJECT!!!! But I don't think landlords in Binghamton will lose the students, we love living in Binghamton, it close to everything.

Guest carrie
Who sold them the land? I looked at the GIS website and some couple from a PO box in CT owns a bunch of land. Then another chunk is owned by the Kradjians...... I did not get a chance to make the meeting lastnight. I heard it will be across the street from the church. Is that true? This should be built at the old Van Atta dealership across the street from BU.

Kradijains sold the land to them. I was at the meeting and it looks like it is right across from the Church. You got it , the old Van Atta dealership is where it could go, I also heard that matthews and somebody are already in the process of building the exact same student housing there, so why would Vestal waste this land up on Bunn Hill and these rentals never get rented and if you go to the TOWN PLANNING MEETING ON APRIL 1 at 7:30 you will hear how much destruction these developers have to do just to have their appartments built. And it doesn't benefit any one or even the town just them.. They are talking about ripping up Jensen Road just to bring water across this hill to the other side of bunn Hill (go to jensen rd and look over at how far away bunn hill is)and the only one that can use this water will be the developer. the (students support the residents, they don't want to live that far out its the boonies to them) This is a private developer just trying to make money off the university.

It obvious that this developer doesn't care about our town or the residents. Its about making money and unfortunetly they will be the only ones profiting from this and the town will incurr the costs.

Guest Howard
I'm not 100% sure (let me get that out first before the bashing begins) but a few weeks back, I noticed a contractor/developer who was originally from this area who is now operating in Charlotte, spent a lot of time here in Broome County with a local realtor/developer. I thought it was odd until this project was published in the PSB. If in fact "Tony" is part of the LLC company, I'm sure they have all their bases covered so their interests are protected.

What does this mean "Tony" ??? Local developer???

@

Guest Guest

how is new student housing good for the growth of the area? What we need are more good jobs, not more buildings for the brats to trash. Sure, it will give a little work during the construction but thats it.

Guest Jerry
This is totally amazing to me. Here we are in a depressed part of the state with few assets. Whenever someone tries to invest in the region (developer) on behalf of one of our few assets (SUNY) those who have been here forever cry and whine about how this will change our landscape and destroy our quality of life. Are the people around here so determined to keep this area depressed that they will fight every attempt at progress? Do they hate the University that much that anything associated with it is automatically considered bad for the region? SUNY is one of the few things in Greater Binghamton that can be used as a catalyst for growth yet no seems to want to allow it to be exploited as such. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Did you drink Tony Russel's brand of Kool Aid? This area needs development and growth to survive. If the University has folks that are willing to invest and build, let them do it! Lead, Follow or shut up and get out of the way.

End of Rant.

PROGRESS is not developing rental housing out in the boonies, the only person who will profit from rentals will be the landlord and they won't be rented just with Students, maybe a good place to blend in if your dealing. With all the student housing going on, lets see, Old fairstore building, Oneil building, mathhew (Van Atta) on the parkway, and OH YES SUNY building their own dooms on campus NEWING PROJECT 900 students can live there, OH just thought of EJ buildings. OH Wait there is even talk of the Holiday Inn right across from SUNY rebuilding the hotel. Is that enough porgress for stduent housing. WE DO NOT HATE the university and YES your right that is probably Greater Binghamton's only asset. BUT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UNIVERSITY!!!! ITS A PRIVATE DEVELOPER. YES development and growth we do need, bring in JOBS NOT A complex rental apartments. This is not going to revalized Greater Binghamton. Look back to the 50's all the schools and churches big need for them and now what is happening to them vacant or turned into senior homes. This developer has to bring in water from Jensen acroos to Bunn HIll, go drive on Jensen and look across to the Church Pretty far and the only one that can use this water will be the Apartments, then they have to run a pump 24 hours a day, Seven days a week, the cost of that is enormous, LEts see developer may negotiate 10 years they will pay for this, and guess who will take over the payments after that the TAXPAPERS. another point these are not NEW students coming to the area. Just taking away from other landlords. These FOLKS your talking about didn't even have the respect to contact SUNY of their proposal.

@

how is new student housing good for the growth of the area? What we need are more good jobs, not more buildings for the brats to trash. Sure, it will give a little work during the construction but thats it.

A little work during construction, NOPE the devleopers already stated they use their own constructions people. they know how to build them and get these buildings up fast. Nice they will be an eyesore in five years.

@

Guest Guest
Oh excuse me, yes there will be pumping stations ...mechanical pumps to cover this issue, what if the electric goes out, oh yes generator, always have a answer, yeah heard it all, No it will have a water tank ...Let talk about FIRES scary, sad and thankful no SUNY STUDENT was home when the Seminary Ave apartment caught on fire today, Vestal doesn't even have enough Volunteers now and to have this cluster of (11) 3-4 stories high building adding to their responsiblity. As for the sewage treatment plant yes the demand will be greater coming out of that one area. They would have to put holding tanks in an release it at various times of the day. I don't care if its private money, but no developer is using their own money there is some kind of tax break, grants something that will increase these vestal residents taxes you watch. Where is he from is an issue build it and leave it. Also they are telling these vestal residents its good for the ecomony, the money will not be going back into vestal economy. They will be spending it where they live in NC. thats why moron. Control the mountain NO people moved there to be away from muti dwellings, have some space. and privacy, invest in their homes, rentals come in and they don't take care of it, its not their investment they are there tempoary, and property value goes down. The property owner has a right to sell their property no one has a grip with that, but the vestal residents have a right to keep it rezone residential the way they purchased their homes and that is residential. There is no multi family dwelling around or even near this property for miles. No one has any objection to this devleoper putting in residential housing its the fact that its mulit family apartment complexes. Yes it is my business and everyone around this land is going to be moved and excavated roads torn up both on Jensen and Bunn Hill it is not a simple contruction project it effects many people and saftey issues.

Making a profit from it ...they won't be rented, the students are already protesting they don't want to live in the boonies, University plaza can't even get rented. Mayor Ryan should probably make a call to campus crest the students would love to be there. Revalized Binghamton the majority of the students rent in Binghamton anyways. GO FOR IT BINGHAMTON.

ramble, rmble, ramble. you make no sence and your post is incoherent. suck it up. there will be student housing around the university on bunn hill road

Guest Guest
BU owns all the land behind the campus, yes and they take care of the land with beautiful trails, this is not about the students its about having rentals. Yes it is about the students, its a safety issue that hill is steep. These kids would probably start walking to campus its dangerous and to have those buses going up and down that hill is dangerous. Try walking it sometime it is very steep. That responsiblity should not be put on BU they are their to watch out of their students best interest and for their safety. Yes something should be built there, that is not anyones issue. Not something that will take away from the beauty of bunn HIll and cause so much disruption to the land, Hut Hatch Hollow's is over 80 acres, do you know what it will do to that property alone. This is such a hugh project on such a small piece of property, and the residents know they are not being up front with the town, they bought 49 acres, and have plans to put more housing in IF this gets passed. What was the purpose of buying all that land if they are only building on 18 acres. Put in housing the residence would not be against homeowners. I heard they are trying to get funding the vestal town and residents will find out. These good old boys from the South won't win this battle, well they probably still have hard feeling about the civil war. humm I can't remember didn't the NORTH win.

you are such a schmuck

@

Archived