donations

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Catholic Charities, Ladies of Charity Nearly New Shop by the corner of Main & Edwards

We only take clean clothing at Nearly New-PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Guest Guest

I mean "CLEAN WASHED CLOTHING" for the Nearly New Store! It is so hard to sort clothing that others "donate" - when much of it is dirty, stained, and smells! Throw this stuff out and please do not donate items like this to the Nearly New Store-PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

@

Guest Guest

I was driving in Endicott today and saw a full sized billboard with an ad touting some young babe who helps the homeless by sewing clothes or some such nonsense.

I'm just tired of seeing that hand out in my face asking for mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

How is it possible that anyone other than the severly mentally ill are homeless here in America?

Anyone can walk into the Salvation Army and get a meal and a roof. There's homeless shelters all over this nation.

Most homeless people are that way out of choice, not victims of circumstance.

Guest Guest
I was driving in Endicott today and saw a full sized billboard with an ad touting some young babe who helps the homeless by sewing clothes or some such nonsense.

I'm just tired of seeing that hand out in my face asking for mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

How is it possible that anyone other than the severly mentally ill are homeless here in America?

Anyone can walk into the Salvation Army and get a meal and a roof. There's homeless shelters all over this nation.

Most homeless people are that way out of choice, not victims of circumstance.

Were talking about the homeless here and someone wanted to donate some cloths. Nobody is asking you for nothing , so keep your first communion money under the bed . :blink:

Guest Guest
Were talking about the homeless here and someone wanted to donate some cloths. Nobody is asking you for nothing , so keep your first communion money under the bed . :blink:

Meant to say == were not talking about the homeless

Hey .. anybody want to donate some gravel? ... maybe a small bulldozer...? i have the DRIVEWAY from hell ..

and considering the bad day ive had .. i might just need some help getting this place liveable.

(edited) oh and a dump truck to bring it all here? :(:huh:

hey the thread is DONATIONS ..

@

Guest Guest

When they put up a big billboard telling me how great this model (who only had her picture taken for the ad) is for donating her time to charity, they are soliciting me.

I'm all for charity for people who really need it, like hurricane, flood, earthquake and tornado victims. People who choose to live in the streets because they don't want to work or they're mindlessly addicted or boozed out........nope. Got no sympathy for them.

Guest Guest
When they put up a big billboard telling me how great this model (who only had her picture taken for the ad) is for donating her time to charity, they are soliciting me.

I'm all for charity for people who really need it, like hurricane, flood, earthquake and tornado victims. People who choose to live in the streets because they don't want to work or they're mindlessly addicted or boozed out........nope. Got no sympathy for them.

Go get some help !! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DONATIONS NOT THE HOMELESS !! :rolleyes:

@

Guest Solomon

What about "Thrifty Shopper" in the Nimmonsburg Plaza on Upper Front Street? I cut out their ad a while ago (it gives their web site as rmsyr.org) and have some things to donate but haven't been there yet. I don't want to donate to the Salvation Army any more, and I've heard good things about this place so I'm planning to go there instead.

@

Guest Guest
Go get some help !! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DONATIONS NOT THE HOMELESS !! :rolleyes:

@

Ok, see if you can follow along here.........

Yes, I confess.......I did change the subject a bit.

That's going to happen from time to time here on BCV. I'm sorry that I rocked your world off it's axis by doing that.

Get some help??? Could you be any more 70's??? Or trite???

Guest Guest
Ok, see if you can follow along here.........

Yes, I confess.......I did change the subject a bit.

That's going to happen from time to time here on BCV. I'm sorry that I rocked your world off it's axis by doing that.

Get some help??? Could you be any more 70's??? Or trite???

Dude it's cool .... really dude .... I mean like..... it's ok man ... Try a hit of this blotter I just scored ... Never mind your trippin all ready .............................. :blink:

Guest Guest
Hey .. anybody want to donate some gravel? ... maybe a small bulldozer...? i have the DRIVEWAY from hell ..

and considering the bad day ive had .. i might just need some help getting this place liveable.

@

And perhaps some course blacktop proffesionally laid and rolled down followed by a 3 inch layer of finish blacktop again proffesionally

laid and rolled. And then dinner for four, flowers for milady and even pick up the tip!! :lol::lol:;);)

@

Guest Guest

@

I'll donate a load to you.

Archived