Why have tryouts?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Why do high schools still have tryouts for sports. Most of the time the teams are picked ahead of time. Baseball players are working out as a team way before tryouts and basketball teams are playing all summer on invatation only teams. 98% of these kids have a spot locked up. The kids who show up for tryouts think they have a shot little do they know they were cut before they walked through the door. Let's forget the politics and be honest and let these kids know what's really going on. This is not from a whiney parent just someone who cares

Guest Guest
Why do high schools still have tryouts for sports. Most of the time the teams are picked ahead of time. Baseball players are working out as a team way before tryouts and basketball teams are playing all summer on invatation only teams. 98% of these kids have a spot locked up. The kids who show up for tryouts think they have a shot little do they know they were cut before they walked through the door. Let's forget the politics and be honest and let these kids know what's really going on. This is not from a whiney parent just someone who cares

Question...why wasn't your kid one of the players participating in the off-season practices?

Guest guest
Question...why wasn't your kid one of the players participating in the off-season practices?

Because he's too lazy. Been that way in football, basketball and baseball.

Guest Guest
Because you didn't invite him coach

Then you're right, he probably wasn't going to make the team anyways and you answered your own question. Have him play little league...

@

Guest Guest

Same goes for money talks. Not so much in this area. My cousin played football in Dallas and he has some unbelievable stories that would blow this concern out of the water. I'm not picking on you, but I realize exactly what you are talking about. I just graduated from Miami Central High three years ago, so I know damn well what you're talking about especially with the baseball programs.

@

Guest guest

Whether your talking high school,college or the pros There are factors to look at. To name a few - cut throat coaches,egomaniac players,steroids,backstabbing players,getting trashed in forums any many more downsides Don't be so quick to think its all glory. Many parents don't think of this before they push a kid into a sport.

Guest Guest

I don't have young children but I know how it works heres a formula for succes.

Get into as many clicks as you can (coaches,parents,etc.)

Have a couple of great games at a young age (this will stay with you for a long time)

Get on the school board or work at your childs school (parents)

Take the coach out to dinner

Make everybody think the sport your playing is your life (even if its not)

Let as many people as possible see you practicing ( go to a park where a lot of people drive by)

Even if your not that good this should help. I know this is a little off the wall but from what im reading it should fit right in.

This works in Jersy dont know if it will here.

Guest Larry

Have a couple of great games at a young age (this will stay with you for a long time)

Let as many people as possible see you practicing ( go to a park where a lot of people drive by)

Even if your not that good this should help. I know this is a little off the wall but from what im reading it should fit right in.

If athletics aren't important enough to you to practice and prepare in the offseason, then don't be upset when a coach keeps a kid that has put in extra time to fit into the program.

"Take the coach out to dinner" retarded

"Get on the school board" unfortunately this works in some districts with spineless supers

"make everyone think the sport you're playing is life" Why do it if it isn't?? To have some fun?? CYO San

"let as many people as you can see you practicing??" Doesn't that count as practice??

By "clicks", do mean part of the program??

Try not to pre load your excuses why your kid lost the genetic lottery because mommy and daddy are losers.

Guest G-Banks

Like I say all the time NJ and NY are very alike. Sadly this is the scenario all around the country! Spot on with what you said man!!!!!

Guest G-Banks
If athletics aren't important enough to you to practice and prepare in the offseason, then don't be upset when a coach keeps a kid that has put in extra time to fit into the program.

"Take the coach out to dinner" retarded

"Get on the school board" unfortunately this works in some districts with spineless supers

"make everyone think the sport you're playing is life" Why do it if it isn't?? To have some fun?? CYO San

"let as many people as you can see you practicing??" Doesn't that count as practice??

By "clicks", do mean part of the program??

Try not to pre load your excuses why your kid lost the genetic lottery because mommy and daddy are losers.

He doesn't have young children, so you know that means they moved on to bigger and better things. Unlike you his children were able to move on while you are stuck in the past my friend. You're athletic ability can only get you so far, but education may effect you for your lifetime!!!!!!! Think about it

Guest G-Banks
He doesn't have young children, so you know that means they moved on to bigger and better things. Unlike you his children were able to move on while you are stuck in the past my friend. Your athletic ability can only get you so far, but education may effect you for your lifetime!!!!!!! Think about it

had to edit

@

Guest larry
He doesn't have young children, so you know that means they moved on to bigger and better things. Unlike you his children were able to move on while you are stuck in the past my friend. You're athletic ability can only get you so far, but education may effect you for your lifetime!!!!!!! Think about it

I have thought about it, much more than you. Don't throw "my kid's education comes first" speil out there and that is why he got cut from the team, and then turn around attacking the whole tryout system for taking the best athletes.

Some kids are strong in math or science and are still good at sports (but not great).

Some kids are strong in athletics or art or special subject area but not great at math or science.

Your condescending tone toward athletes and coaches is pretentious and misdirected. Your coveting jealousy will get you and your kids nowhere. You are teaching your kids that if they don't get what they want then it is because someone else screwed them.

Sooner or later you gotta cut the cord buddy. Put down sports and then rub it in that your kid is smarter than the kids on the team, sounds like you really shouldn't be crying all that much because you don't want your "smart" and "more educated" son on the team with those "dumb jocks" anyway.

Sorry if you can't pick out the sarcasm in a written form, after all sarcasm doesn't work on the stupid.

Guest G-Banks
I have thought about it, much more than you. Don't throw "my kid's education comes first" speil out there and that is why he got cut from the team, and then turn around attacking the whole tryout system for taking the best athletes.

Some kids are strong in math or science and are still good at sports (but not great).

Some kids are strong in athletics or art or special subject area but not great at math or science.

Your condescending tone toward athletes and coaches is pretentious and misdirected. Your coveting jealousy will get you and your kids nowhere. You are teaching your kids that if they don't get what they want then it is because someone else screwed them.

Sooner or later you gotta cut the cord buddy. Put down sports and then rub it in that your kid is smarter than the kids on the team, sounds like you really shouldn't be crying all that much because you don't want your "smart" and "more educated" son on the team with those "dumb jocks" anyway.

Sorry if you can't pick out the sarcasm in a written form, after all sarcasm doesn't work on the stupid.

I'm sure you have. I'm sure your having fun right now at your house playing drive around the trailer too (as you're sucking down a beer). Get a life you lowlife!

Guest Guest

This post is actually pretty accurate. You're teaching your kid some life lessons that he shoudn't be taking in. As a coach, I know for a fact that I would never cut a kid who had the ability to contribute simply because he didn't go to off-season sessions. The fact of the matter is, your kid probably wasn't good enough to make the team.

@

Guest larry
I'm sure you have. I'm sure your having fun right now at your house playing drive around the trailer too (as you're sucking down a beer). Get a life you lowlife!

Thanks for proving my point about your condescending tone. I guess that you are much better than people who live in trailers. Unfortuantely for you "much better" people, the trailor park kids work harder than yours because your kid is too busy nursing and making excuses to actually do anything for himself. Enjoy your son's free spring as you spend quality family time with him.

Guest larry
This post is actually pretty accurate. You're teaching your kid some life lessons that he shoudn't be taking in. As a coach, I know for a fact that I would never cut a kid who had the ability to contribute simply because he didn't go to off-season sessions. The fact of the matter is, your kid probably wasn't good enough to make the team.

@

Why do all the dimwits on here think that if you disagree with them that your kid got cut?? Fact is, I am an outside perspective. A coach should take the best kids, period. If there are some fence kids that could or might not make it then the coach is going to lean on kids that are better for the program.

My point is look in the mirror when adversity hits instead of blaming the systems. This whole thread was started by a losing mentality.

Guest Guest
Why do all the dimwits on here think that if you disagree with them that your kid got cut?? Fact is, I am an outside perspective. A coach should take the best kids, period. If there are some fence kids that could or might not make it then the coach is going to lean on kids that are better for the program.

My point is look in the mirror when adversity hits instead of blaming the systems. This whole thread was started by a losing mentality.

You need to get a life, get out of that TRAILER PARK, and learn how to make a post that is worth reading !

Guest larry
You need to get a life, get out of that TRAILER PARK, and learn how to make a post that is worth reading !

You are awesome. If I knew where you lived I would blow the tires on my house up and drive it through your living room.

Guest Guest
You are awesome. If I knew where you lived I would blow the tires on my house up and drive it through your living room.

:lol: You are such a funny mutha fucka! Don't worry that check is finally here for your monthly pay!

Guest larry
:lol: You are such a funny mutha fucka! Don't worry that check is finally here for your monthly pay!

You have the best jokes man.

So what if I get a check a month, again that don't make you better than me fanny wrangler.

Guest Guest
You have the best jokes man.

So what if I get a check a month, again that don't make you better than me fanny wrangler.

Calm down Larry. BTW shouldn't you get your ass to Walmart, because your shift started over an hour ago :blink:

Guest Guest

This post was made up to settle an argument which turned into a bet. Every reply was just what I expected, thanks for helping me win. You people are to predictable show some originality.

Guest larry
This post was made up to settle an argument which turned into a bet. Every reply was just what I expected, thanks for helping me win. You people are to predictable show some originality.

Let me guess about the bet you won.

You said the following will happen:

1. Someone will complain about ME

2. Someone will answer with "your kid got cut"

3. Someone will swear

4. Someone will use "you live in a trailor I am better than you"

5. One person will try to make a legitimate post immediately followed by "get a life you drunk athlete"

6. One person will respond to get a life with "your kid is a dork and my kid beat him up"

The other guy said:

1. It will be a well thought out educated thread

2. Legimate discussion will take place

3. I don't live in la la land, the BCVoice is worthwhile

I only post on this site to satisfy my devilish impulses. Never have I expected to learn anything.

Congrats on your big win.

Archived