Need Info to collect judgement

Guest Stiffed Landlord

Guest Stiffed Landlord

post a photo or description of a car I'm looking for.

It belongs to a former tenant who stiffed me for two months rent

and I have a judgment from city court.

It would be of great help collecting the judgment if I can determine where this deadbeat moved to

Plus this tenant is a first class nut job and maybe the info would help a future dumbass like myself.

People. Check references get credit history. Don't let someone move in on a Handshake!

Guest Guest

It would be of great help collecting the judgment if I can determine where this deadbeat moved to

Plus this tenant is a first class nut job and maybe the info would help a future dumbass like myself.

People. Check references get credit history. Don't let someone move in on a Handshake!

I'm a new landlord of a two family. I've seen the advice about checking credit history. How do I go about that? Do I have to ask them for their SS# and use the credit reporting agencies like Experian?

Will I have to pay a fee for every check I request?

Guest Guest
I'm a new landlord of a two family. I've seen the advice about checking credit history. How do I go about that? Do I have to ask them for their SS# and use the credit reporting agencies like Experian?

Will I have to pay a fee for every check I request?

Obviously you wont be a very good landlord if you didnt look into the basics before you decided to try to tackle a task that you know nothing about.

Guest Collector

If he has no money a judgement means nothing. Its public record is all. Experian has lots of info but in todays times people pay late so if you turn people down because of that you will have a hard time getting a renter. Ask for a bank account number. Send a fax to that bank and ask 3 important questions.

1. How long account open. If a few months forget about it. Years well thats good.

2. Average balance past 6 months. If its low then you are at risk.

3. Any NSF activity. That tells you alot.

@

Message me the info, for a cut i'll find them.

@

Guest Guest

Your chances of getting back rent are virtually nil.

My advice, the day after the grace period of rent is due, 5th of the month usually, send a 3-day notice via process server. ($25) if you do not get a response within the THREE days, IMMEDIATELY file a notice of petition with the court (notarized and court fees $24) with five to 12 days get a court date (call the court to see when the appropriate date would be). Go to court representing yourself if cannot afford a lawyer ($200 to $500) and evict your tenant. Have your warrant and judgment ready for the judge to sign on the sport. Give it to a procses server ($25) and the tenant has 72 hours to get out. Call the process server or constable to help you literally throw them out if the tenat doesn't leave, they are cheaper than the Sheriff.

It will cost you about $100. The whole things takes about 18 days max (11 days minmum) but you only lose one month's rent. If the tenant pays you can charge fees and still evict them if they do not meet your terms.

@

Guest Guest

Here is an idea - get a lawyer - thats what they are for

@

Archived