car window tints

Guest Mario

Guest Guest
Got pulled over for it before :angry:

So did I on a car I bought with the tint on it.

I got a ticket that I could only deal with by removing the tint, having the cops certify it was gone and going in front of the Judge to get the ticket vacated.

I realize ignorance of the law is no excuse, but........

Guest Guest

For those that receeive the tickets...

Did the cop have a light meter? We all know there is certain criteria for tinting. Curious.

For those that receeive the tickets...

Did the cop have a light meter? We all know there is certain criteria for tinting. Curious.

Nope, got pulled over towards the Rochester/Buffalo area going through a checkpoint. His light meter was his eyes looking into my backseat!!

@

Guest BC Voice of Reason

I had Tint Conditions on McKinley in Endicott tint my truck windows about 7 years ago. Still looks good and zero tickets -- knock on wood.

Guest Guest
Here you go. Check out the legal limits

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

@

I got pulled over for it at least five times... i know i should have learned my lesson after the first couple times. Anyway, they have to let a certain percentage of light through, i think its around 80 percent. Mine only let 6 percent through, so I could never talk myself out of those tickets haha! Eventually I realized it was just stupid and I tore off the tint and they left me alone :o )

@

Guest Guest
I got pulled over once. Are you looking for a place to get your window tinted?

Yes, sorry, I should've stated that in the first post....but I'm really lazy. I wanted to tint my windows so people can't watch me driving and beating my kids.

(no I don't beat my kids)

Guest Guest

Window tinting greatly reduces the cost for air conditioning in a car. With the windows tinted, less power is utilized to keep the interior at a comfortable temp. I like brown tinting, since it is see through when the sun is brightest and therefore legal.

Guest Guest
I find it amazing that these same tinted windows would be acceptable in Florida but they are illegal here.

Maybe it's because they have sun in Florida and the only reason someone wants it here is to hide what is going on inside the car.

Guest Guest

as long as you don't have the drivers side and passengers side and front windshield darkly tinted you can have the rest done without problem I think the legal amount for those is 30 or 35 which most cars already have from the factory.

I've had two cars tinted at tint condition in endicott. They are really great people who do an excellent job.

first car i had tinted in 20 all the way around (years ago) and i did get pulled over once but they let me go because i told them i bought the car that way.

it's absurd the things they ticket for, but you have to respect the law so just don't darkly tint the windows i mentioned and you're fine... it still looks good.

Guest catch22

Tint condition in Endicott is the way to go. They have a great variety and will tell you what is legal and illegal.

Not to mention their staff is A+++

Guest Guest

I got my truck tinted at tint condition. They did a great job! Not one air bubble. I shopped around and they have the best price too.

@

Archived