196 to 16, good score

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

For about $100,000 the City of Binghamton installed 16 wifi locations. If they had given $500 grants they could have installed 196 location and NEVER had to worry about the system themselves!!!

BU Adjunct Lecturer Mastrangelo and his students did not mention that in their report.

Here is what the City web site says:

"General Information of Downtown Binghamton WiFi

Launched in March 2008, the ad-supported service offers FREE UNLIMITED USE for responsible users. With 21 access points at 16 locations, we have provided nearly a one square mile WiFi zone in the center of downtown with very good outdoor reception. Indoor reception can be amplified greatly by leasing and installing repeaters (see above), which are ideal for use in downtown cafes, residential lofts and lounges.

We want to thank our premiere sponsors--XXX, XXX, and XXX--for recognizing the value of providing downtown WiFi and offering their support."

XXX, XXX and XXX are the sponsrs!!!

Do they do pron?

I like the lie about one square mile.

Do they even understand where one square mile would go? It would be from City Hall to Rec Park or more and north to at least I-81. It is nowhere near that. 16 locations for $98,000. About $6000 each!!!!! You can do them each privately for $500........ Do you understand the waste????? Had Doofus Ryan and Tafreak given $500 grants they could have done 196 locations ONE-HUNDRED AND NINETY-SIX. And a BU studc approved this madness.

http://www.cityofbinghamton.com/binghamtonwifi.asp

Guest Kim Deal

What a horrible subject line, no one can tell what it's about, so not many people will click on it and hardly anyone will read it. I only did because I thought "what a horrible subject line"

You want to bitch about the wifi, and maybe people will want to read it, but they probably won't click on this thread in the first place.

@

Guest Guest
What a horrible subject line, no one can tell what it's about, so not many people will click on it and hardly anyone will read it. I only did because I thought "what a horrible subject line"

You want to bitch about the wifi, and maybe people will want to read it, but they probably won't click on this thread in the first place.

@

You read it. You were the only person that needed to see it.............

Guest Guest

How can anybody justify those numbers?????

It is true for $500 or less any business in town coud have gone wireless. We could have covered almost the entire city. instead there are a few blocks, six or seven, downtown and that's it.

ONE-HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS THROWN OUT THE WINDOW.

Guest Loves double posters

@

Then perhaps you shouldn't have posted the subject line the hours earlier. IP addresses don't lie; but some posters do.

@

Archived