More people in Downtown Bing. now....

Guest Panny Handler

Guest Panny Handler

I drove down there today.

I did see a lot of people on the streets. A lot more than I ever expected and more than I've seen in quite awhile.

I was surprised.

Until I took a second look. The vast majority of them were either young black men in hoodies (quite a lot of those), large black women in camo pants, ragged looking people of all ages in tattered and/or dirty clothing, and other people who obviously were not on their way to or from a daily job.

I didn't see a single person in a suit, a tie, a woman in a dress or slacks, or anyone who looked like they were gainfully employed in any way. I was keeping in mind that people who work in blue collar jobs might not be dressed to the nines to go downtown. I still couldn't have pointed out two people who looked like they were shopping downtown on a day off from work, or getting lunch.

There was a day, not too long ago, when you would see a few lawyers, accountants, bank tellers, etc. on their way to get lunch. Not any more.

To the person who keeps insisting there are more people working and living downtown now than when Ryan took office:

You may actually be correct. However, those residents are most likely welfare recipients, Mental health patients or just transients rooming at the Y for few days.

Those "working people" may technically be working, but not at a legitimate job for which they pay income taxes. I think you know what I mean.

Guest Guest

Well said!!

I don't live in Binghamton anymore, and I haven't in about 6 yrs. I get home to visit about 4 times/yr. It seems every time I come back the number of "mopes" (people like you described that just "mope" around looking for laws to break and people to rob increases dramatically!!! I think they're gremlins and every time it rains there they multiply!!

I live in LA, California and my girlfriend comes with me to visit and she's horrified and totally depressed about this place. She say's we have south central...but you have binghamton, syracuse, albany and rochester...what's worse?

She's shocked that I managed to survive the place for as long as I did and wonders why everyone doesn't just leave!!

My wife turned onto Main Street at the intersection of Front and Main yesterday.

She mentioned to me, when I got home, that from that corner, to the Price Chopper entrance, every person but TWO that she passed was, in her words, "a scumbag."

This is what it's come to, folks.

Guest Guest

Main St in bing and JC is one of the filthiest streets, with the filthiest people in the United States of America!!!

The last time I was in Price Chopper (and it will be the last the time I ever step a foot in that roach trap) I was the ONLY person paying with cash(as opposed to government paid groceries!!) and the clerk smelled so bad I literally had to hold my breath or I would've gagged!!

It was as if somebody built a grocery store around a gang riot and I was stuck in the middle!!

It sickens me what has become of this town.

Somebody should just napalm downtown and main st ....and just rebuild it from scratch!

Guest juny bee
Downtown Binghamton is now druggies, drunks, pimps, prostitutes, judges and lawyers, all the scum of the earth.

Are you in your prison cell? If not you should be.

Guest Ja'mal Jenkem
My wife turned onto Main Street at the intersection of Front and Main yesterday.

She mentioned to me, when I got home, that from that corner, to the Price Chopper entrance, every person but TWO that she passed was, in her words, "a scumbag."

This is what it's come to, folks.

I have always wanted to take a trip to Africa to see the fabled flora and fauna of that country. Now instead of having to get getting on a plane I take the same route

your wife took--Main St. from Front down thru JC. You can see all the fauna of Africa on that trip---Zulu, Ibo, Congoloid, Watusi, etc. They are all violent and should never be approached.

And your wife is correct---99.99% of them are worthless welfare sucking scumbags flushed out of the sewers of NYC or shat out by a welfare sucking scumbag from NYC..

Guest Guest

I have always wanted to take a trip to Africa to see the fabled flora and fauna of that country. Now instead of having to get getting on a plane I take the same route

your wife took--Main St. from Front down thru JC. You can see all the fauna of Africa on that trip---Zulu, Ibo, Congoloid, Watusi, etc. They are all violent and should never be approached.

And your wife is correct---99.99% of them are worthless welfare sucking scumbags flushed out of the sewers of NYC or shat out by a welfare sucking scumbag from NYC..

[/quo

Africa is absolutley beautiful...both her culture and natural wonders.

There is nothing of such beauty and wonder to be found walking down main st!! :)

However, I'm sure you can get a much better deal on crack on main st than most places in africa.

And those people on main st are not scum...they are simply a cross section of binghamtons "diverse culture"

I'm just kidding....they're animals.

Are you employed, sir?

Employed?

You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that? On a weekday?

Is this a... what day is this?

Well, I do work sir, so if you don't mind...

I do mind. The Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

Guest Guest

As a former Broome County occupant and current escapee, I have to say that you have nobody but yourselves to blame for the current state of Bingo. You elect the same old-boy-club hacks year in and year out, and then when you do get someone new, you go out of your way to make sure that they won't get the job done, either. Keep up the great work!

THANKS FOR THE MEMEORIES!!!

WE HAVE TOM LIBOUS,JEF KORHAM,BOOCHY,FIALA AND RYAN TO THANK FOR THE WAY THIS AREA IS AND THEY MUST BE PROUD OF THEIR LEGACY!

IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS MANY MORE WILL BE LEAVING YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!

Guest Guest
Well said!!

I don't live in Binghamton anymore, and I haven't in about 6 yrs. I get home to visit about 4 times/yr. It seems every time I come back the number of "mopes" (people like you described that just "mope" around looking for laws to break and people to rob increases dramatically!!! I think they're gremlins and every time it rains there they multiply!!

I live in LA, California and my girlfriend comes with me to visit and she's horrified and totally depressed about this place. She say's we have south central...but you have binghamton, syracuse, albany and rochester...what's worse?

She's shocked that I managed to survive the place for as long as I did and wonders why everyone doesn't just leave!!

You think LA is better?

Do you huff paint?

I would rather clean port-o-jons at busy construction sites with a sponge and an oven mit on chili day than ever go through that hell hole again.

Im sorry but you must have blinders on .. Last time I was downtown (2 weeks ago) .. i saw Suits... saw lots people entering the stores (that werent scumbaggy) and people who are doing improvements - painters, carpenters.

downtown is actually kinda neat - if you take time an really look ..

Guest Guest
Im sorry but you must have blinders on .. Last time I was downtown (2 weeks ago) .. i saw Suits... saw lots people entering the stores (that werent scumbaggy) and people who are doing improvements - painters, carpenters.

downtown is actually kinda neat - if you take time an really look ..

yea just don't look up at the trees growing out of the roof of the oniel building and don't look down at all the brocken glass and cig butts don't look at the native spiecies or you might get shot or stabbed don't look at the trash on the streets or the underwater riverwalk in other words get a cane with an orange tip and walk around with your eyes closesed and don't breath so you won't smell anything and it is neat

Guest Guest

So let me get this straight..., the Pride.., have we "Restored the Pride"?

We are showing the World we mean business as witnessed by national news coverage of the already famous toilet paper check to cover the water & sewage bill.

But that Pride is that back???

@

Well said!!

Please you guys have Compton, that beats all of those places combined!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

OMG this is so funny :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Black People
yea just don't look up at the trees growing out of the roof of the oniel building and don't look down at all the brocken glass and cig butts don't look at the native spiecies or you might get shot or stabbed don't look at the trash on the streets or the underwater riverwalk in other words get a cane with an orange tip and walk around with your eyes closesed and don't breath so you won't smell anything and it is neat

Let me guess you live in a suburb and you are white. Well whitie I realize you're afraid of black people, but it doesn't mean you can diss all of downtown. The reason everyone hates downtown is because there are black people. Too bad because we aren't going anywhere!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Let me guess you live in a suburb and you are white. Well whitie I realize you're afraid of black people, but it doesn't mean you can diss all of downtown. The reason everyone hates downtown is because there are black people. Too bad because we aren't going anywhere!!!!!!

I'm not afraid of black people. I have black friends. They have jobs and a few have successful businesses.

I am, however, wary of the blacks I see out on the streets of our cities. THEY are scary looking. They amble on like they have no place to be, and all the time in the world to get there, primarily because that's exactly what they're about.

Just yesterday I was driving back to work after lunch at home. I saw a perfectly fit young black male casually walking down the street. Nothing strange, nothing out of the ordinary. This one, however, was sporting a cane. Yes, a cane like old people use to prop themselves up.

I thought "Isn't that interesting? A young, healthy black man walking down the street carrying a weapon."

Had that been a billy club or a 2 x 4 in his hand, he might have gotten stopped by the BPD.

Since it was just a cane, he's free to roam the streets with it.

Now I gotta "cane up" just to take my dog around the block. I don't wanna get caught empty handed when I cross his path on the sidewalk.

W T F?????

Guest Guest
I'm not afraid of black people. I have black friends. They have jobs and a few have successful businesses.

I'm sure they do have businesses! Do they travel alot?

You know what I mean you racist DELETED!

RACIST? Why would someone unknown call one they do not know racist?

Dealing with racists is enjoyable to me. However most racists are black and for them it is allowed and formerly tolerated.

The only ones afraid of blacks are Democrat Politicians and white liberals.

The illusion any American would fear blacks is just that, an illusion.

Archived