Joe Sanfilippo is Worthless

Guest ...

I read in the local paper today where Joe Sanfilippo is running for re-election to the BC Legislature.

What a joke this man is and has been as a public official.

First, as commissioner of social services, he worked with Juanita Crabb, then mayor, to make Broome County one of, if not THE most attractive stopping point for welfare recipients. He sets that ball in motion, which today we see the results of if you simply take a drive down Binghamton's Main Street (try to find one out of 10 non-scumbags from Front Street to the JC border - not possible, and why? because where there's free services, they move in and live, and congregate, and spread their waste).

Then he goes on to become a Binghamton city council, where he accomplished what? Can someone tell me something he did on council that actually was a positive development for the overall citizenry of Binghamton?

Now he's been on the BC Legislature, and his two claims to fame are 1. putting defibrillators at golf courses and 2. allowing some people to get drugs in Canada?

The local paper actually wrote that up as if these are superb contributions.

I recall a few years ago, Joe Sanfilippo was at an event where my husband asked him how he iked the difference between city council and the county position and he just laughed. He actually told my husband that it was an easy job and he was relieved that he didn't have to have a county phone in his house, the way he had the city phone when he was on council. He said he received maybe 3-4 letters from people in a month and that it was "easy money" compared to working on city council.

As a city resident, I was floored at his audacity, but then my husband later told me that Joe Sanfilippo is absent from county meetings a good portion of the year as well, while he vacations in Canada.

I thought that was interesting. Don't you agree?

I wonder what Joe Sanfilippo has done as a public official, for the common man, in ALL his years? Can someone post something he's done that UI could actually say, "Yeah, OK ... that was good." I'm sincerely interested.

How long was he on City Council? 6 years? And with the county, 8 years now?

So he gave us increased welfare traffic in Binghamton, with no end to that growth in sight. And in nearly 15 years as a public official, he's given some people the ability to gte drugs in Canada, and he's put defibrillators at golf courses for his old, overweight golf buddies.

Enough is enough with these do-nothings!

Guest Guest

I drove by the Cath. Charities building today on Front St.

The parking lot was full, and it's a big lot.

The "charity" business must be booming.

Guest Guest

Don't give up fellow Gllom County citizens. If we can just get Welfare Joe in for one more term many of Florida and Canada's residency problems will be solved.

Guest property rights

What did Welfare Joe do for the city? Outside of his welfare programs - NOTHING. But he did bring misery to many with all of his student housing ideas which were completely against the students - he wanted them moved to one part of the city and out of the residential areas. Look what's in the residential areas now - scumbags, lower than lowlifes, white and black trash, gangs.

And with his big gut and 4 chins he had the nerve to threaten the local restaurants to stop using trans-fats or the county would come down on them. He'd better get off the bar stools and lose some of his own blubber.

Guest Guest

Sounds like a typical bureaucrat. I wonder if any one will be elected who will clean up all the leeches hired by past clowns who continue to receive a fat check for minimal work. The biggest lose that comes to my mind is Bob Moppert. What a maroon.!

Sounds like a typical bureaucrat. I wonder if any one will be elected who will clean up all the leeches hired by past clowns who continue to receive a fat check for minimal work. The biggest lose that comes to my mind is Bob Moppert. What a maroon.!

I agree with you on Moppert, but please, when you spell moron m-a-r-o-o-n, I think about being stranded on a tropical island with the skipper, the millionaire and his wife, the doctor, the actress, Gilligan and the rest of the cast!!!! :lol:

Guest West Side Constituent

This is indeed one of the primary issues of what's wrong with this area. The same tired old retreads in office year in and year out. And it's our own fault! Along with Sanfilippo you have Ed Collins, Tom Libous, and I'm sure a multitude of other dinosaurs that can be mentioned. Not a single one of them can pass the simple yet effective test of whether things have gotten better or worse during their repeated terms of "service" to the community. It's a travesty and the area death warrant that we continue to reward these "leaders" with their track records of proven ineffectiveness. We need to attract civic leaders who are dedicated and courageous enough to attempt to implement much needed change and then hand it off to another of like mind. These egotistical career politicians need to GET OUT and go back to the private sector to live with the conditions that they've been responsible for hoisting upon the rest of us.

And, it should be noted that Sanfilippo did what should be an outrage to his constituents if not outlawed, even though it's common practice for career politicians at all levels: he ran for re-election to City Council only to leave within a year or so of his new term to run for his current County seat. Shameful and disgraceful....he was rewarded. And the community continues to wallow in high taxes with more government, crime, economic depression, and declining population, except of course, the low income demographic segment attracted to this Valley of Opportunity.

This is indeed one of the primary issues of what's wrong with this area. The same tired old retreads in office year in and year out. And it's our own fault! Along with Sanfilippo you have Ed Collins, Tom Libous, and I'm sure a multitude of other dinosaurs that can be mentioned. Not a single one of them can pass the simple yet effective test of whether things have gotten better or worse during their repeated terms of "service" to the community. It's a travesty and the area death warrant that we continue to reward these "leaders" with their track records of proven ineffectiveness. We need to attract civic leaders who are dedicated and courageous enough to attempt to implement much needed change and then hand it off to another of like mind. These egotistical career politicians need to GET OUT and go back to the private sector to live with the conditions that they've been responsible for hoisting upon the rest of us.

And, it should be noted that Sanfilippo did what should be an outrage to his constituents if not outlawed, even though it's common practice for career politicians at all levels: he ran for re-election to City Council only to leave within a year or so of his new term to run for his current County seat. Shameful and disgraceful....he was rewarded. And the community continues to wallow in high taxes with more government, crime, economic depression, and declining population, except of course, the low income demographic segment attracted to this Valley of Opportunity.

That's because, as the OP said, he knew it would be less work and a $5,000 pay raise.

Guest Guest

Come on people, admit it!

Don't we all just swell up with civic pride when we see Welfare Joe riding by on the welfare float in one of our numerous parades!

@

Guest NY Dealer

Welfare Joe is a selfserving piece of crap. Why? The reason for the difibulators is he himself has a heart condition and wants to make sure if he's at Ely golfing his worthless DELETED is covered. He's also in Florida right now for the last two and more months, in the summer he's in Canada for two to three months. He's also a liar in reguards to the Landlord issue and not to be trusted for any reason!

Guest long gone from bingo

I see a large amount of Landlords have an ax to grind against Joe.

Hit them in the pocketbook and see them scream.

@

Archived