HAWLEY STREET/ DOWNTOWN

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm sorry but i grew up on carroll st. in the 90's as i was a kid n witnessed people doing terrible things

especially at columbus park

mass amounts of peeopl used to do drugs openly at the park during the mid 90's

and prostitutes taunted me just for walking down the street

before i moved though in 2000

i have to say( and still to this day)

i have seen more police enforce laws

clean up these streets and columbus park

so for everyone saying binghamton is going down the drain

i think it is getting better as the days go on

i mean it has taken time, but i as a young adult think binghamton has cleaned up its downtown streets radically in the past decade - 15 yrs

Guest Guest

I remember how bad it use to be! The sad thing is it’s true people were using right in the streets. It was nothing to run in to trouble just walking down the street. I think the police have been doing a good job cleaning up that area, and a lot of other areas. The problem is so big they can not do it alone . If more of you guest posters came forward, formed neighborhood watch, took pics, called police. Perhaps these are steps that you can take to gain back the respect your neighborhoods deserve.

@

Guest Cops doing nothing
I'm sorry but i grew up on carroll st. in the 90's as i was a kid n witnessed people doing terrible things

especially at columbus park

mass amounts of peeopl used to do drugs openly at the park during the mid 90's

and prostitutes taunted me just for walking down the street

before i moved though in 2000

i have to say( and still to this day)

i have seen more police enforce laws

clean up these streets and columbus park

so for everyone saying binghamton is going down the drain

i think it is getting better as the days go on

i mean it has taken time, but i as a young adult think binghamton has cleaned up its downtown streets radically in the past decade - 15 yrs

Hate to say it, but crime in Binghamton is at an all time high. Don't know where you got your stats or what you've witnessed. Those cops you claim to see are stopping speeders and people on their cell phones while driving. There is still mass drug dealing going around!

Guest Guest

Perhaps the stepped up enforcement caused them to scatter (like cochroaches) all over the city, and now they're mulitplying. Maybe it would have been better to contain them in that small area.

Guest Guest

You're right, that area is much better than it was in the 90"s...

But also, in the 90's the west side was very nice! From seminary up to North St is now a filthy ghetto. Main St has always had it's issues, but it's gotten really, really disgusting over there.

Not only that, but look at the north side.... It was never a beautiful area, but at least they had a grocery store. Now, nobody wants to put a store over there becasue it's like Compton! And let's look at Endicott, that was a pretty nice are up until a few yrs ago, now it looks like the north side of binghamton!

The area is a big balloon, when you squeeze one area, it bulges in another.

@

Archived