Thank you, Matt Ryan: 30% is GREAT!

Guest ...

Press & Sun ... reporting ... we get the 30% end of the stick this year, and the 10% end of it last year ... fantastic!

Water rates ... through the roof!!!

Guest city water whore
Press & Sun ... reporting ... we get the 30% end of the stick this year, and the 10% end of it last year ... fantastic!

the reason why matt coholic has to increase water rates is because he could not get it together to file the fema papers on time, although his secretary told him that they were due...he got lots of chances to extend the filing - but he did not, and now we pay!

Guest Guest

More PSB news AFTER the fact.

This newspaper is failing its community.

To: viewpoints@pressconnects.com

CC: sbodner@pressconnets.com; cstovall@pressconnects.com; froessne@binghamt.gannett.com; catlin@wbngtv.com; moss@wbngtv.com; newstips@news10now.com; jimehmke@clearchannel.com; info@news10now.com; comments@news10now.com; fox40@wicz.com; newsdirector@wicz.com; ed@not allowed.com; lizahaines@clearchannel.com; actionnews@wbngtv.com

Subject: Water comparisons, why didn't you do them?

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:28:02 +0000

Matthew T. Ryan and Tarik Adbelazim will try to tell you Binghamton's increased water rates are in line with other similar sized and aged towns and cities in NY State.

That is not true.

Like we do for firefighters, Binghamton is paying far above the state average, even for smaller cities with a shrinking population and poor economy.

Below you will see a comparison. Most places have a tiered rate structure so for some places you will see three rates. Why hasn't our local news media done some investigating like this?

LOCATION WATER RATE 1 WATER RATE 2 WATER RATE 3

(per100cu.ft.)

Binghamton $1.80* 1.95** $2.10*** three increases in 2007

Binghamton (proposed) $2.99

Rochester $0.97 $0.83 discount for greater consumption

Endicott $35 $1.21 $0.88 discount for greater consumption

Watertown $1.52

Utica (Mohawk Valley Water Authority) $2.21~ $2.24~ $1.41~*

discount for greater consumption

"Readiness-to-Serve" charge applies to all accounts it raises the actual price very slightly

Cortland $2.00 $1.30 $1.50

Johnson City $20.00 $1.68 $1.55 discount for greater consumption

Syracuse $2.02

Vestal $20 $1.48 $2.17

Conklin $2.55

Bottom line, Binghamton is getting screwed due primarily to mismanagement.

Guest Water user

do the math...in two years the rate will have risen 43%

Guest Guest

My water/sewer rated rose 282% in the 4 years I've owned a house in Bing. The 43% increase on top of that seems like chicken feed.

Had I known before I bought the place what Ryan was going to do............I'd have just kept renting.

No one's even talking about how much harder it will be to sell a house in Bing. with sky high rates for water.

Changing the subject.....I saw a six man city crew out this morning...and get this....they were actually WORKING ON THE ROADS!!!

They weren't filling holes or paving or anything worthwhile. They were just scooping up dirt and leaves from under the RR bridge on Glenwood.

Evidentally it takes 6 men to do that. One of them just sat in a large backhoe/dirt mover vehicle.

@

Guest Guest

You would think somebody would bring this up:

Below you will see a comparison. Most places have a tiered rate structure so for some places you will see three rates. Why hasn't our local news media done some investigating like this?

LOCATION WATER RATE 1 WATER RATE 2 WATER RATE 3

(per100cu.ft.)

Binghamton $1.80* 1.95** $2.10*** three increases in 2007

Binghamton (proposed) $2.99

Rochester $0.97 $0.83 discount for greater consumption

Endicott $35 $1.21 $0.88 discount for greater consumption

Watertown $1.52

Utica (Mohawk Valley Water Authority) $2.21~ $2.24~ $1.41~*

discount for greater consumption

"Readiness-to-Serve" charge applies to all accounts it raises the actual price very slightly

Cortland $2.00 $1.30 $1.50

Johnson City $20.00 $1.68 $1.55 discount for greater consumption

Syracuse $2.02

Vestal $20 $1.48 $2.17

Conklin $2.55

Archived