Let's do the math

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Let us do the math

Sometimes I feel as if I am the only person in this valley asking questions.

We are told the City of Binghamton needs a 67% increase in water rates in two years because of a $300,000 deficit.

Lets’ do the math.

I know for a fact that 3 or 4 users will pay about $25,000 more EACH PER YEAR. That’s $100,000.

There are about 10 users at least that will pay about $5000 more per year. That’s $50,000.

There are about 5000 users I would say who will pay $50 more per year. That’s $250,000.

So, right there we have $400,000 in ONE YEAR..

If my numbers or math are off I would welcome more accurate ones. I’m sure I am being conservative in my estimate of how much this increase will rake in.

So, it begs the questions, why is such a large increase so quickly so necessary????

Anybody?????

Guest Surplus
Let us do the math

We are told the City of Binghamton needs a 67% increase in water rates in two years because of a $300,000 deficit.

Lets’ do the math.

I know for a fact that 3 or 4 users will pay about $25,000 more EACH PER YEAR. That’s $100,000.

There are about 10 users at least that will pay about $5000 more per year. That’s $50,000.

There are about 5000 users I would say who will pay $50 more per year. That’s $250,000.

If my numbers or math are off I would welcome more accurate ones. I’m sure I am being conservative in my estimate of how much this increase will rake in.

So, it begs the questions, why is such a large increase so quickly so necessary????

Anybody?????

Ryan wants a 2 million dollar water surplus fund so the water departments bond rating will not go up!!!

@

Guest Guest

Water/Sewer Superintendent Kevin Transue is said to have resigned last Friday. FOX 40 said Luke Day is now in charge. Do you think the timing is interesting? Transue doesn't want to go along with Ryan's charade.

Guest Guest
Let us do the math

Lets’ do the math.

Anybody?????

You are the only one doing the math. If the world were run according to you, everything would be wonderful, absolutely wonderful.

Guest Guest
Water/Sewer Superintendent Kevin Transue is said to have resigned last Friday. FOX 40 said Luke Day is now in charge. Do you think the timing is interesting? Transue doesn't want to go along with Ryan's charade.

Of course, as usual, you know nothing at all. You simply make accusations and make assumptions based on your own personal agenda, which does not have much to do with reality.

Let us do the math

Lets’ do the math.

Anybody?????

Ok i see your math and it does add up. But that just covers the deficit. what about the normal operating costs. how much does it cost the city to supply water to everyone. I would really like to see the figures on those. Is there anyway we can obtain a copy of this?

Guest Guest
Ok i see your math and it does add up. But that just covers the deficit. what about the normal operating costs. how much does it cost the city to supply water to everyone. I would really like to see the figures on those. Is there anyway we can obtain a copy of this?

Poptart, the nuber above apply JUST to the increase. The original rate applies to the normal operatign costs. $25,000 is JUST the increase on a $100,00 or mor ebill.

Guest Guest

Matt Ryan is a mental defect and should be treated as such.

Any person who KNOWINGLY accepts federal dollars on the stipulation that you also accept the pervs and perps, should be held under water until the bubbles stop.

In fact, let it happen along the river walk on MLK day. Then we can just carpet bomb the Chenango river. Let Ryan and all the blacks just float away.

Problem solved.

Guest Guest

Does anybody haver any other numbers?

Why do we have to swallow an increase that pays back all the deficit and more in one year?

What happens the year after when a vast surplus begins accrueing?

Does anybody haver any other numbers?

Why do we have to swallow an increase that pays back all the deficit and more in one year?

What happens the year after when a vast surplus begins accrueing?

is the budget available for public viewing? can we look at the figures for past years too.

Guest Guest

Good question, in Matthew T. Ryan's supposedly transparent adminstration you would think this would be available.

You can always file a Freedom in Informaton request for them.

While you are at it, file one for the Binghamton Regency budget as well.

Guest Guest
Anybody have any better numbers?

Do you ever go to the budget hearings? This was known about long before last week. It was made a point of in the budget hearings last July or August.

Also, the budget is public info and anyone can have a copy as long as you pay the nominal fee. My suggestion is to get a copy, read it, then tour the water and sewer plants to learn where your most valuable assets are and what is actually there. And Keep in mind that all of the pipes running under the streets also have to be maintained.

Guest Guest
Let us do the math

Lets’ do the math.

Anybody?????

I'm still waiting for an explanation

• 2 weeks later...
Let us do the math

Lets’ do the math.

I know for a fact that 3 or 4 users will pay about $25,000 more EACH PER YEAR. That's $100,000.

There are about 10 users at least that will pay about $5000 more per year. That's $50,000.

There are about 5000 users I would say who will pay $50 more per year. That's $250,000.

Anybody?????

One good development at the American Legion meeting on Robinson Street was a better understanding of just how much Matthew T. Ryan plans to rip off residents with this additional 43% increase in the water rates (above the 24% increase last year).

It was learned that the annual metered revenue for water for the City of Binghamton is $5,200,000 (five million two-hundred thousand).

So a 43% increase will net the City and additional $2,360,000 (two million, three-hunded and sixty thousand dollars) PER YEAR, EVERY YEAR!!!

REMEMBER WHEN THEY TOLD US THE PROBLEM WAS A $300,000 DEFICIT???

THIS INCREASE WILL GIVE THEM A $2,000 000 SURPLUS EVERY YEAR.

CAN THE TRANSPARENT MATTHEW T. RYAN EXPLAIN THAT?

A civil law suit should be launched to stop this outrageous and unecessary ripoff.

A court injunction should be immediately sought.

The news media should be reporting this violation of residents and businesses.

Archived