Congratulations Fusion U15 Girls

Guest frank sinatra

Guest frank sinatra

As welcome change of pace to all the Fusion bashing that goes on at this board... I would like to take a minute and recognize the U15 Girls who just won the Jefferson Cup tournament in Richmond, Virginia this past weekend. It is recognized as one of the premier tournaments in the country (ranked 5th).

Just to let you know the level of play, this years Jefferson Cup had the following teams:3 National Champs, 2 National Runners up, 17 Regional Champs, 14 Regional Finalists, 95 State Champs, and once again, 50% of this years teams reached at least their State Cup Semi-Finals.

The Fusion girls only allowed goals in one game and fought hard against some legitimately tough competition. I just thought it might be nice in the midst of all the negative and nasty comments that typically find their way to these boards ... to pause a moment and recognize a really impressive accomplishment by a special group of girls.

Guest Guest
As welcome change of pace to all the Fusion bashing that goes on at this board... I would like to take a minute and recognize the U15 Girls who just won the Jefferson Cup tournament in Richmond, Virginia this past weekend. It is recognized as one of the premier tournaments in the country (ranked 5th).

Just to let you know the level of play, this years Jefferson Cup had the following teams:3 National Champs, 2 National Runners up, 17 Regional Champs, 14 Regional Finalists, 95 State Champs, and once again, 50% of this years teams reached at least their State Cup Semi-Finals.

The Fusion girls only allowed goals in one game and fought hard against some legitimately tough competition. I just thought it might be nice in the midst of all the negative and nasty comments that typically find their way to these boards ... to pause a moment and recognize a really impressive accomplishment by a special group of girls.

It's GIRLS soccer. How impressed can you be?

Guest frank sinatra

Sorry ... that was directed towards adults who acknowledge girls or might even have daughters. Boys can beat girls in soccer, now we can move on.

Guest Guest

I have to agree. Woopty woo. Girls who did good in soccer. Big deal. Thats like saying the tee ball team tied yet again. Snore. This isnt news or anything to be gushing about.

Guest FHFan

No one has ever mistaken me for a soccer fan, but this is noteworthy and worth recognition...well done Fusion 15...I dont know anybody on the team but I can all but guarentee that they are more dedicated, work harder and will accomplish more in life than the peabrains that come on here and bash girls sports every chance they get...FACT: MORE GIRLS IN SECT IV WILL GET SCHOLARSHIPS THAN BOYS IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS...what is funny is that includes football which offers more scholarships than most entire womens athletic depts at their schools...go back to caveman

Guest Guest
MORE GIRLS IN SECT IV WILL GET SCHOLARSHIPS THAN BOYS IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS...

This may be right; however, if you're a girl, you can play college sports as long as you can walk upright.

You're an idiot. Do you realize the difference between mens and womens college sports? A division III men's college athlete would be MUCH better than a D-I women's pla@

Guest FHFan

Wow, you actually come on here and tell the world that men are better athletes than women, thinking thats some sort of revelation and you call me the idiot? Not exactly a news flash there GENIUS. I see you cant debunk my statement, only hurl insults so heres one right back at you...did you know real girlfriends are better than the kind you have that need to be inflated? I say this only because you obviously dont have any females in your life make asinine comments like yours about walking upright...btw, while my daughter decides which scholarship offer to take, please get help deciding what classes to take at BCC

Guest Guest

Interesting. Your intent was to make me look like a fool, yet YOU are the one who has shown his real colors. Getting on a computer and insulting someone by calling them "names" behind a forums that doesn't require names was supposed to be your mature comeback? HAHA!! Please keep posting. The more you talk, the better I look.

...and yes, men are better athlete's than women. It's a proven fact. At least my point was valid.

Guest FHFan

Hey Guest: Dont let the facts get in the way of your opinion...please show me where I called you a name? Aren't you a Genius? Maybe you were a little light headed from inflating your girl after a long weekend, but no name calling just wonder why you are threatened by female athletes? Did you get beaten up or out by one in middle school? And by the way, until psysiology kicks in around 11, many females are bigger, faster and better coordinated than their male classmates...then years of evolution and specialized role preperation kick in and women prepare for motherhood and men get bigger and stronger to provide for their tribes...all I know is that for only having an equal playing field since mid 70's when Title IX was passed, women have made tremendous strides in the quality of their athletic abilities

Guest Guest

I'm not even involved in this discussion, but your whole support of women's sports is off. You could also be a bit more mature in arguing for them.

Fact of the matter is, Title IX has done nothing but HURT sports. Some men's programs have been cut or have had funds taken away from them because of it. Wrestling isn't half as big as it used to be because there isn't a women's side of it.

Guest Guest

For those of you who have posted on this thread just to belittle the accomplishments of these fine young female athletes, why are you wasting your time? What is your agenda? The title of the post mentions that it's about girls so if you’re not interested in reading about them or recognizing them in a positive way then don’t bother with your idiotic, irrelevant comments. Whether boys are better athletes or Title IX has negatively affected male sports is immaterial – you’re only exhibiting your ignorance. Give it up already! This team has been very successful and deserve the accolades.

@

Archived