A good place for dog hair cut ?

Guest Guest

I like TLC on Henry St by the Mets Stadium. I tried a few others, and was unsatisfied. I would tell them what I wanted - not the breed standard. Then I would go to pick up my chi-poo and it would be styled like a poodle- exactly what i said NOT to do. It happened with 3 different groomers! I dont know why this happened- they didnt write down what i wanted? But at $40-50 they were charging me- I wanted what I asked for. I did not go back! TLC is cheaper too. I think i pay 30 for a wash, cut and nails (and they do the cute bandana thing)! I always throw them a 5-10 tip because they are sooo cheap and I am always soooo satisfied! :)

@

Guest Pet Lover

Penny's Pet Pourri is the best. They pamper the dogs and always do the BEST job.

Been taking my 3 dogs there for years now.

Guest guest
Pawfessional Pet Care on 3201 Vestal Parkway E. They are awesome with ur pets. Great work

She is good, but I think a little expensive compared to some other good places.

Guest Guest

People who can not maintain their own pets should not own them.

Really, if you have the disposible income to waste on pet groomings, then maybe your taxes need to go up to pay for some of the crap that is falling apart around here.

I dont know if it is the lazyness or if it is the wastefulness of it but people like you who need pet groomers make me barf.

Lets put a nice big tax on pet grooming visits. Lets see, if taxes are a couple dollars a gallon and cig taxes are a few bucks, we should be able to clean house on a nice $25/visit tax on getting DELETED.

Really, if you have the disposible income to waste on pet groomings, then maybe your taxes need to go up to pay for some of the crap that is falling apart around here.

I dont know if it is the lazyness or if it is the wastefulness of it but people like you who need pet groomers make me barf.

Lets put a nice big tax on pet grooming visits. Lets see, if taxes are a couple dollars a gallon and cig taxes are a few bucks, we should be able to clean house on a nice $25/visit tax on getting DELETED.

Would you be the same person to complain that people don't take care of their pets and let them run all over. At least they are taking care of their animals, what business it of yours if they take the dog to a groomer or not. At least they are taking care of their animals!!!!

Guest Just Lookin

Petsmart does do a beautiful job, but they are a bit steep in cost. Worth the money though in my book, I take my "Gracie" a Golden Retriever to "Donelle" who works there and she comes out looking like a show dog from a catalog......at least until she decides she doesn't want to look pretty anymore and goes and rolls in the grass and mud!

Guest Ollie

I heard some strange things about the Vestal one,relative to the owner being a con artist so be careful there. I also assume the owner of that place started this thread to pump up her business, like she has for a few other businesses she has been a part of.

Guest Guest

Using your reasoning anyone that pays for a service that they could do for themselves is independently wealthy and should be subsidizing the city? When was the last time you went out to dinner? Are you too lazy to cook? Do you own a car? Whats the matter with the bus? You should be sending that money to Catholic charity to feed the homeless.

Guest Bones

Wow, I am the op. Thanks to all for great advice. I have cut my dogs hair. And, I did a terrible job. I just think that a dog groomer would by all means be such much better. My wife thinks so to. I really believe thats what there for. I take very good care of my dog. He is like my son and is my best friend. But, I do agree with you about owning ant animal and not being able to take good care of it. I do have some good advice for you though,try using a dictionary, they help when your trying to make a legible point.

@

Archived