speed limit change Farm To MKT RD

Guest annoyed

Guest annoyed

They changed the speed limit up Farm to Mkt Rd. from 40 mph to 30mph-----WHY???? --- What a complete stupid move --- What do you think? I wonder how many good tax paying citizens have got speeding tickets from this change?? :blink:

Guest Guest
I wonder how many good tax paying citizens have got speeding tickets from this change?? :blink:

Quite a few. They had a speed trap there last month. You have to ride your brakes the whole way down the hill just to do around 30.

Guest Guest
They changed the speed limit up Farm to Mkt Rd. from 40 mph to 30mph-----WHY???? --- What a complete stupid move --- What do you think? I wonder how many good tax paying citizens have got speeding tickets from this change?? :blink:

The speed limit change on F to Mkt was actually done illegally.

To change the speed limit, there must be a traffic study completed. Then signs must be in place to advise of such changes.

If anyone gets a ticket, it's a pretty easy fight in court.

Carte the trooper has parents on that road. He bangs out tickets all day long while he hangs out at mom and dad's house.

There was never an official traffic study and the limit was lowered because soon the Bad Sheperd will be built.

Wait till winter time when the surrounding roads are loaded with elderly dimentia patients who never had their license revoked.

The people who live on Sally Piper road got hosed. That complex was approved from the very beginning. The town board didn't have the fur to say it right away.

Make no mistake someones pockets are being rewarded for the towns approval. It's simple, in your face corruption. The town cares for no one but themselves.

Good Sheperd.....broght to you by the crooks at the Town of Union.

And that includes Caforio.

Guest Guest

It doesn’t make much sense……..I thought that maybe the speed was reduced because of the number of houses just above the middle school (has been that way for years) but so are there many further up and the speed is either 40 or 45. And as you travel Southbound the speed signs are inconsistent. One stretch is 45 then all of the sudden switches to 30. It stays at 30 until you approach the middle school and a “speed zone ahead” sign makes you think the speed will be changing but it doesn’t – it stays at 30. Could it have anything to do with the senior housing that is supposed to be built near Endwell Greens?

Guest Guest

They did it on Struble also. They did it to make money. There is no way to maintain 30 MPH on these roads and thy know it. It's just another revenue stream. has nothing to do with safety concerns.

They did it on Struble also. They did it to make money. There is no way to maintain 30 MPH on these roads and thy know it. It's just another revenue stream. has nothing to do with safety concerns.

I sincerely hope you don't actually have a driver's license. If you cannot control your car enough to drive the speed limit, then please stay off the road when there are others driving on the roads.

Guest Guest
I sincerely hope you don't actually have a driver's license. If you cannot control your car enough to drive the speed limit, then please stay off the road when there are others driving on the roads.

We now have no choice. We must obey the speed limits. Cops are there all the time. NYS needs the revenue.

@

Guest sleepy

Don't speed and you won't get a ticket!! That's a hard concept for you to understand but I think you can do it

Guest catch the real criminals
Don't speed and you won't get a ticket!! That's a hard concept for you to understand but I think you can do it

It's fricken BS. The cops need to get out and catch real criminals, not speeders. It's not like there are fatal accidents in Broome County on a daily basis like some places.

Guest Guest
We now have no choice. We must obey the speed limits. Cops are there all the time. NYS needs the revenue.

@

One time my friends and I were sharing a beer (just one) on farm to market rd, while following a sherrifs car, LOL.

Law this... buy a radar detector. When the lazy bloats start cleaning up the town then they can start writing tickets again. Screw 'em.

it is also 30 going down taft ave. that is a steeper hill. don't drive fast..and its easier to keep your car under control

@

Guest Guest

It was posted wrong to start with, probably in the days when we used to hike through the woods to Froggie Pond before the Strubel Road Dam was built. In NY State the standard for road with primarily residences on it is 25-30 MPH. 40 MPH is considered right for an arterial highway. Drive the speed limit.

@

DELETED

That probably took you hours to think up, didn't it. Are you really a tax-paying citizen, or just a joker who couldn't think of an original name. And, I'll assume you are one of those folks who think the speed limit is for others, but not you. Do you speed through yellow lights too?

@

Guest a taxpayer
How about Robinson Hill Road - it's 30 in one direction and 40 in the other! Can that be right?

@

Actually yes it is .....I checked into that more then 10 years ago and it is correct.

Guest Guest
Actually yes it is .....I checked into that more then 10 years ago and it is correct.

There is a name for it that the DOT calls it when it's one speed limit in one direction and another speed limit in the other. I can't remember. The cops would love to ticket people going down Robinson Hill until NYSEG cut the trees and bruch down and the cops have no place to hide now.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the info.....seems strange but sounds legitimate.

Guest endwell res

The speed limit has been 40 mph going towards the airport past the well drilling business. It has always been 30 mph coming back towards the schools. I remeber getting pulled over back in the early 90's for going 40+ in a 30. When did you people realize this???? It's 30 because you are entering a School Zone.

Guest Guest

They might want to change the speed limit on Hooper Rd. also...these people go at least 60! There were actually 2 accidents in one day!

Guest Same School Zone?
The speed limit has been 40 mph going towards the airport past the well drilling business. It has always been 30 mph coming back towards the schools. I remeber getting pulled over back in the early 90's for going 40+ in a 30. When did you people realize this???? It's 30 because you are entering a School Zone.

And you're not entering the school zone the other direction :blink: Sounds perfect :D It's probably because when you travel the one way there are more blind spots, than when you travel the other way or something along those lines(due to the varience in the angle of the trees and sun).

Guest endwell res

Let me state this another way.. It's 30 mph coming off of Hopper untill you reach the bend up towards where the Well Drilling Business is, then it's 40 on up to Airport Rd. It's always been like that as far as I can remeber. As far as speed traps, the intersection with Farm to Mrkt & Pleasant Drive and ocassionaly they sit up near the Well Drilling Bsns.

@

Guest Guest
The speed limit change on F to Mkt was actually done illegally.

To change the speed limit, there must be a traffic study completed. Then signs must be in place to advise of such changes.

If anyone gets a ticket, it's a pretty easy fight in court.

Carte the trooper has parents on that road. He bangs out tickets all day long while he hangs out at mom and dad's house.

There was never an official traffic study and the limit was lowered because soon the Bad Sheperd will be built.

Wait till winter time when the surrounding roads are loaded with elderly dimentia patients who never had their license revoked.

The people who live on Sally Piper road got hosed. That complex was approved from the very beginning. The town board didn't have the fur to say it right away.

Make no mistake someones pockets are being rewarded for the towns approval. It's simple, in your face corruption. The town cares for no one but themselves.

Good Sheperd.....broght to you by the crooks at the Town of Union.

And that includes Caforio.

Have you seen that Trooper in question? He doesn't hang out at mom and dad's house to give out tickets. He hangs out there to feed his face and poop!

@

Archived