Priest Pleads Guilty To Stalking TV Host O'Brien

Guest Guest

I'm guessing the molestation cases are also people problems, rather than a Church problem?

If you can find me the teachings of the Catholic Church, in the catechism, that teaches child molestation, you have better eyesight than me. The problems are with the people. The Church does not teach child molestation. I think at it's roots, it is a satanic attack upon the Lord's Church......

Guest Guest
If you can find me the teachings of the Catholic Church, in the catechism, that teaches child molestation, you have better eyesight than me. The problems are with the people. The Church does not teach child molestation. I think at it's roots, it is a satanic attack upon the Lord's Church......

And yet, the molesters were transferred from parish to parish instead of being held accountable to their victims.

THAT'S the catholic church for ya!

Guest Guest
They are now being chased out.....Can that be said about other "churches"? Nope.

Other churches didn't blatantly protect their preachers from the consequences of their criminal and morally reprehensible actions as profoundly nor as long as the CC did.

Who got sued for big bucks? Not the Baptists.

Which Cardinal was it who resigned over this matter a few years back...the one in Boston?

For decades the CC flouted the law and hurt many, many people, emotionally scarring them for life with their illegal protection of abusive priests.

Spin it as you will, but the hierarchy of the church is flagrantly responsible for those horrendous crimes, just as much as the priests who committed them. Yet they go unpunished.

I have a feeling they're in for a big surprise at St. Peter's desk when they die.

Other churches didn't blatantly protect their preachers from the consequences of their criminal and morally reprehensible actions as profoundly nor as long as the CC did.

Only some people of the Church did the protection.....Many other "churches" did the very same things. It is not a catholic church only problem...look at the teachers out there!!!!!!!

Who got sued for big bucks? Not the Baptists.

Baptists don't have the clout nor size, nor centralized structure.

Which Cardinal was it who resigned over this matter a few years back...the one in Boston?

Yep. He resigned, rightfully so.

For decades the CC flouted the law and hurt many, many people, emotionally scarring them for life with their illegal protection of abusive priests.

Nope. Only some people did.....It wasn't the law of the land. If it was it would be in the catechism. It is not.

Spin it as you will, but the hierarchy of the church is flagrantly responsible for those horrendous crimes, just as much as the priests who committed them. Yet they go unpunished.

Only SOME hierarchy. You are condemning the whole church. Wrong answer. Besides Jesus warned about wheat and chaff in His Church. I am not surprised.

I have a feeling they're in for a big surprise at St. Peter's desk when they die.

Only SOME of the people.......

The teachings of the CC are perfect in every manner. The people are not and never claimed to be. ;)

Guest Guest

The Church does not teach child molestation. It teaches it is a mortal sin......

[/quoteTO AFC....PRIESTS ARE GAY. SUCK IT UP, NOT LITERALLY LIKE THEY DO THOUOGH

And yet, the molesters were transferred from parish to parish instead of being held accountable to their victims.

THAT'S the catholic church for ya!

You have a point ... up to a point. There is no arguing that some of those in charge performed in a less than admirable manner ... perhaps in an illegal way ... perhaps in a sinful way. My own opinion is that they will be held accountable either in this world or the next.

But you are missing the message AFC is trying to get across to you. It's not the Church that encourages that type of behavior, it's the individuals involved who decided to act the way they did. It has absolutely nothing to do with Church teachings except that it is totally against the Faith.

Somehow you must remove the anti-Catholic blinders you're wearing and see that.

Guest Guest
You have a point ... up to a point. There is no arguing that some of those in charge performed in a less than admirable manner ... perhaps in an illegal way ... perhaps in a sinful way. My own opinion is that they will be held accountable either in this world or the next.

But you are missing the message AFC is trying to get across to you. It's not the Church that encourages that type of behavior, it's the individuals involved who decided to act the way they did. It has absolutely nothing to do with Church teachings except that it is totally against the Faith.

Somehow you must remove the anti-Catholic blinders you're wearing and see that.

I believe it is more prevalent in the catholic church because of the church's teachings regarding people following blindly and not questioning the church hierarchy. So, while it may be true the church teachings in themselves did not outwardly promote molestations, the atmosphere of the church created a very fertile ground for it to occur and be kept secret for so long.

@

I believe it is more prevalent in the catholic church because of the church's teachings regarding people following blindly and not questioning the church hierarchy. So, while it may be true the church teachings in themselves did not outwardly promote molestations, the atmosphere of the church created a very fertile ground for it to occur and be kept secret for so long.

Nope. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is THE teachings of the Church. The Church is not a democracy and was never set up as one by Christ. ANY deviation from the Faith handed down by the Apostles is WRONG.

You can question the hierarchy all you want, but they still have the FINAL AUTHORITY in their diocese. You cannot question what is handed down by the Apostles.

Archived