Episcopal Church: 22 priests/deacons sacked for the truth..

A Faithful Catholic

I guess when you uphold the truth, huge risks are involved. These priests/deacons are certainly welcome to join the Catholic Faith like many of their counter parts have.

The Rev. David C. Allert, Priest

The Rev. Charles S. Bailey, Deacon

The Rev. Gary Blaylock, Priest

The Rev. Charles H. Colt, Priest

The Rev. Gilbert T. Crosby, Priest

The Rev. Mark Eldredge, Priest

The Rev. Travis Greenman, Priest

The Rev. Edwin C. Griswold, Priest

The Rev. George W. Hall, Jr., Priest

The Rev. Harald K. Haugan, Priest

The Rev. Dorothy Head, Deacon

The Rev. James L. Hobby, Priest

The Rev. Sharon S. Hobby, Priest

The Rev. W. Hall Hunt, Priest

The Rev. Neil G. Lebhar, Priest

The Rev. Petrina A. McCarty, Deacon

The Rev. Lawrence E. O'Connell, Priest

The Rev. William Earl Palmer, Priest

The Rev. James M. Parker, Priest

The Rev. Shawn E. Porter, Priest

The Rev. Leonard Eugene Strickland,Priest

The Rev. George W. Stockhowe, Jr., Priest

"All of the above priests challenged the Episcopal Church on pansexuality and the church's ordination of an avowed homosexual to the episcopacy, the formal acceptance of homosexual behavior for clergy, the blessing of same sex unions, same-sex rites, and the abandonment of the authority of Scripture. They believed the church had moved beyond the bounds of Scripture to endorse behavior that endangered their souls and those of their parishioners."

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules...hp?storyid=8024

Guest Guest
I guess when you uphold the truth, huge risks are involved. These priests/deacons are certainly welcome to join the Catholic Faith like many of their counter parts have.

The Rev. David C. Allert, Priest

The Rev. Charles S. Bailey, Deacon

The Rev. Gary Blaylock, Priest

The Rev. Charles H. Colt, Priest

The Rev. Gilbert T. Crosby, Priest

The Rev. Mark Eldredge, Priest

The Rev. Travis Greenman, Priest

The Rev. Edwin C. Griswold, Priest

The Rev. George W. Hall, Jr., Priest

The Rev. Harald K. Haugan, Priest

The Rev. Dorothy Head, Deacon

The Rev. James L. Hobby, Priest

The Rev. Sharon S. Hobby, Priest

The Rev. W. Hall Hunt, Priest

The Rev. Neil G. Lebhar, Priest

The Rev. Petrina A. McCarty, Deacon

The Rev. Lawrence E. O'Connell, Priest

The Rev. William Earl Palmer, Priest

The Rev. James M. Parker, Priest

The Rev. Shawn E. Porter, Priest

The Rev. Leonard Eugene Strickland,Priest

The Rev. George W. Stockhowe, Jr., Priest

"All of the above priests challenged the Episcopal Church on pansexuality and the church's ordination of an avowed homosexual to the episcopacy, the formal acceptance of homosexual behavior for clergy, the blessing of same sex unions, same-sex rites, and the abandonment of the authority of Scripture. They believed the church had moved beyond the bounds of Scripture to endorse behavior that endangered their souls and those of their parishioners."

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules...hp?storyid=8024

But they would not fit in with the catholic church. These people expressed independent thought. They are not merely sheep following the dictates of one person, so how could they ever be comfortable following the words of your poop -- I mean, pope?

@

But they would not fit in with the catholic church. These people expressed independent thought. They are not merely sheep following the dictates of one person, so how could they ever be comfortable following the words of your poop -- I mean, pope?

The pope protects and preserves the Faith handed down from the Apostles. The CC has done this for 2,000 years. Any deviation from that FAITH handed down is WRONG.

Guest Guest
The pope protects and preserves the Faith handed down from the Apostles. The CC has done this for 2,000 years. Any deviation from that FAITH handed down is WRONG.

What do you mean?

@

Guest Guest

I would say that after the Ecumenical Councils, that the Church has a tradition of picking and choosing what the faith entails (you would think the truth wouldn't depend on the concenses of bishops). I think that this diminishes the existence of orthodox christians.

I would say that after the Ecumenical Councils, that the Church has a tradition of picking and choosing what the faith entails (you would think the truth wouldn't depend on the concenses of bishops). I think that this diminishes the existence of orthodox christians.

The consensus of Catholic Bishops chose the 4 Gospels out of a stack of 30+ which EVERY Christian accepts.

The Orthodox retracted their error last year. They now acknowledge Peter was the prime Apostle and the Roman See was and is the prime Apostolic See.

@

Archived