WBNG passing gas

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Every now and then I have to wonder what the news on TV is talking about.

Tonight, for example, in their story about natural gas, WBNG just said 'All the natural gas used in America is from America', trying to explan how natural gas can wean the US off foreign energy dependency.

I really hope that WBNG was not trying to say that all the natural gas used in the United States comes from the United States because that is completely ridiculous.

Much of the natural in the United States and even more of the pipeline is owned by the Alberta, Canada based TransCanada Pipeline. An Alberta company even is the co-owner of the municipal co-generation power station here in Binghamton.

Sometimes I'm amazed about how little Americans know about our Canadian neighbors.

Take a look at the TransCanada pipelines. TransCanada’s network of more than 59,000 kilometres (36,500 miles) of wholly owned pipeline taps into virtually all major gas supply basins in North America.:

http://www.transcanada.com/pdf/company/Nor..._Assets_Map.pdf

Guest jimmy
Every now and then I have to wonder what the news on TV is talking about.

Tonight, for example, in their story about natural gas, WBNG just said 'All the natural gas used in America is from America', trying to explan how natural gas can wean the US off foreign energy dependency.

I really hope that WBNG was not trying to say that all the natural gas used in the United States comes from the United States because that is completely ridiculous.

Much of the natural in the United States and even more of the pipeline is owned by the Alberta, Canada based TransCanada Pipeline. An Alberta company even is the co-owner of the municipal co-generation power station here in Binghamton.

Sometimes I'm amazed about how little Americans know about our Canadian neighbors.

Take a look at the TransCanada pipelines. TransCanada’s network of more than 59,000 kilometres (36,500 miles) of wholly owned pipeline taps into virtually all major gas supply basins in North America.:

http://www.transcanada.com/pdf/company/Nor..._Assets_Map.pdf

Having an education would help you understand. Go get yourself one

@

Guest Guest

"According to the EIA, 19.05 Trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of dry natural gas was produced in the United States in 2002. This represents over 84 percent of total domestic consumption." - NaturalGas.org

"Domestic natural gas production comes primarily from 5 states: Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming. In fact, according to the EIA, these 5 states were responsible for just under 80 percent of total marketed natural gas production in 2001" -NaturalGas.org

"According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), net imports of natural gas accounted for 15 percent of natural gas use in the United States in 2002. About 95 percent of U.S. natural gas imports are from Canada. According to the EIA, net imports from Canada equaled 3.49 Tcf, and this level is expected to decrease at an annual rate of 1.4 percent to a level of 2.56 Tcf per year in 2025" -Naturalgas.org

@

Guest Guest

So all of the natural gas used in the US DOES NOT come from the US, does it! tha you for provign my point.

Now look at the 2007 figures whihc are over 20%, not the 2001.

Look at the map of natural gas pipelines coming down from Canada all over the US. Do you think the US is sending any natural gas into Canada! I think not.

Guest Guest
So all of the natural gas used in the US DOES NOT come from the US, does it! tha you for provign my point.

Now look at the 2007 figures whihc are over 20%, not the 2001.

Look at the map of natural gas pipelines coming down from Canada all over the US. Do you think the US is sending any natural gas into Canada! I think not.

More:

Natural Gas

Canada is one of the world’s largest natural gas producers and exporters. Oil and Gas Journal (OGJ) reports that Canada had 57.9 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven natural gas reserves in January 2007. The country produced 6.5 Tcf of natural gas in 2004, while consuming 3.4 Tcf. Canada is an important source of the U.S. natural gas supply. In 2006, it exported 3.6 Tcf of natural gas to the United States, representing 86 percent of total U.S. natural gas imports that year. Most Canadian natural gas exports enter the U.S. through pipelines in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota. According to EIA’s Annual Energy Outlook 2007 , both Canadian natural gas production and exports are expected to decline in the coming years, with net exports to the United States forecasted to reach 1.2 Tcf in 2030, or 22 percent of net U.S. natural gas imports.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Canada/NaturalGas.html

Guest Guest
More:

Natural Gas

Canada is one of the world’s largest natural gas producers and exporters. Oil and Gas Journal (OGJ) reports that Canada had 57.9 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven natural gas reserves in January 2007. The country produced 6.5 Tcf of natural gas in 2004, while consuming 3.4 Tcf. Canada is an important source of the U.S. natural gas supply. In 2006, it exported 3.6 Tcf of natural gas to the United States, representing 86 percent of total U.S. natural gas imports that year. Most Canadian natural gas exports enter the U.S. through pipelines in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota. According to EIA’s Annual Energy Outlook 2007 , both Canadian natural gas production and exports are expected to decline in the coming years, with net exports to the United States forecasted to reach 1.2 Tcf in 2030, or 22 percent of net U.S. natural gas imports.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Canada/NaturalGas.html

ng_exports.gif

@

Guest booby
What exactly does that mean?

How do you think an education would improve the content of the above post?

you just proved my ppoint. Thanks

@

Archived