More Lottery losers and cell phone zombies

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Tonight I stopped in for a Gatorade after my workout.

There's a young, handsome man at the counter hunched over.

I realize he's working his lottery scratch off ticket. The cashier has his back to us while loading the enormous cig dispenser on the back wall.

This clod finishes his ticket, swipes the ticket "dust" off onto the counter and gets his Ipod out and starts hammering at it furiously. He's waiting to get his $2 payoff from his one ticket. He is completely oblivious that there is a world going on around him.

He gets his big winnings, (all the while fidgeting with his device-which takes up more of everyone's time), buys a beer and finally leaves.

The future of this country looks very dismal indeed if people like him and the local catatonic young female drivers on their cell phones are going to be making decisions that affect us all in years to come. Could they drive any worse and still somehow not careen into oncoming or adjacent traffic? They're always staring at their phone screens at red lights and miss the first 30 seconds of the change to green.

Those punks who beat up that young girl that was all over the news tonight?......expect to see that on a daily basis soon.

Guest Guest-Moons13903-*

All too sadly, this IS a common occurance. I see it everyday at my job. The "you owe me attitude" is out there everywhere.

@

Archived