Donte Greene

Guest 9,994BC

Guest 9,994BC

for those of you who are unaware, donte greene has declared for the nba draft. i for one think this is a mistake. sure, he is good. but he should have waited atleast 1 more year. too bad, i was really lookin forward to watching this kid tear it up in orange. now i'm not so interested.

Guest su fan

I am a SU fan- he needs to improve his game or he will be eaten alive in the NBA- He will never start.

He has game- but is not as good as projected out of high school. He does have the potential to be real good, but I think you are right- it was a mistake becasue I think he could have took over next season for SU.

He is defintely no Carmelo

Guest Syracuse
for those of you who are unaware, donte greene has declared for the nba draft. i for one think this is a mistake. sure, he is good. but he should have waited atleast 1 more year. too bad, i was really lookin forward to watching this kid tear it up in orange. now i'm not so interested.

Honestly I think Flynn has a better shot in the NBA than Greene. I do however feel both players need to improve before entering the draft. I can't believe Greene would take such a chance in his freshman year :blink:

Guest Guest

donte green has a shot to be a lottery pick. definately top 10. NBA GM's love a kid like him with so much potential and upside. just look how many kids were drafted because of upside. one being darko but he hasnt been the player theyve hoped yet but hes still young. theyd much rather draft someone who has a lot of upside like donte instead of an established player like hansburo. hansburo is basically topped out and wont get much better but a kid like donte has a lot of upside and will only get better training in NBA workouts. he has a much better chance to get better going pro and doing the nba workouts than staying in the cuse and doing college workouts.

Guest Guest

let me tell u something he is making a bad mistake he is one of the most arrogant people ive ever met and i have met him when i went to cuse to visit fam and he isnt going to be good in the leauge

Guest cuse fan
let me tell u something he is making a bad mistake he is one of the most arrogant people ive ever met and i have met him when i went to cuse to visit fam and he isnt going to be good in the leauge

I saw him play in the stop DWI tournament when he was in high school. He was very cocky and honestly he really isn't that good as he thinks he is. His mouth is bigger then his game. I hope he rides the bench in the NBA.

Guest Guest

no question with warrick he stayed all 4 in college which developed him into a great player more on the defensive side but he is a solid player greene is riding the bench hard unless he gets huge or a post game

Guest Good Riddance

It was Greene's selfish play that cost Syracuse at least 3 games this year (if not more). Boheim had no control over the kid and never got on him (Spent too much time yelling at Harris).

The Cuse will be a better team without him next year. He thought he was a 2 guard, when they needed him to play like a power forward. Horrible defense (soft), no post game ... With Rautins, Devendorf, Flynn & Scoop next year SU is set for guards. Onuaku, Onganot, Jackson and a couple big recruits should more than hold their own on the inside.

I say - don't let the door hit you in DELETED the Donte. They will eat you alive in the NBA.

Now let's hope Jimmy B. brings his A-game next year because he was awful this year as well ...

@

Guest non-pedophile
I saw him play in the stop DWI tournament when he was in high school. He was very cocky and honestly he really isn't that good as he thinks he is. His mouth is bigger then his game. I hope he rides the bench in the NBA.

my son and i went to the tourny and saw a great ballplayer also met him at up at the highschool......great kid. I think he definately could use another year to get bigger and stronger but there is no getting around the fact that this kid did a great job on the court and will propably go late in the first round 15-25 .

Guest Guest

Are you serious ? I will agree that the kid has the tools to play in the NBA - just needs to get physically stronger to hold up to the banging at the professional level.

Now - if you feel he did a "great job on the court" this year, you have no clue about how the game is played at the college level, or any level for that matter. The kid forced up shot after shot with no concern for what the situation dictated. 28 % from 3 point range but he set the Syracuse record for most 3 pointers made in a season (hmmmm). Don't even get me started on his play on the defensive end of the court (non-existant).

I'm glad that you and your son can now say you met the "great" Donte Greene. Sounds like that may be the highlight of your basketball world.

Let's just hope your kid does not emulate Donte's game .

@

Guest Old School

Donte Greene should hold off on hiring an agent. Let his Dad represent him for now so the NBA can explain his weaknesses. No coach can teach a kid to be 6'10'. Every coach in the NBA will tell him to Stop taking shots he doesn't make. Any coach would welcome a player 6' 10" for the rebounds they'll get just by being tall. Tough to get a rebound at the 3-pt line. Actually, Donte has demonstrated that he is a very good high school player that failed to improve his first season in college. As the season developed in to playoff possibilities, his lack of rebounding and shooting skills were exposed by the competition.

@

Archived