Law School going to Long Island, NOT BU!

Guest Ted

We're NOT getting a Law School, but SUNY STONY BROOK IS! That's why they got $45 MILLION in the budget and we only got $3 million. Libous couldn't deliver. The $3 million is just to hold us over. The Long Island Republicans are too powerful. They not only take our school aid, but now our Law School. Well, actually, they have a failing law school down there that they can buy rather than start from scratch. It actually makes sense. See for yourself...

http://www.libn.com/breakingNews.htm?articleID=10323

This is disappointing. I truly feel that the addition of a law school at BU would have been a great benefit to the community. The more post graduate programs BU has, the better for the community. I have often wondered why we don't try for a medical school since we have three hospitals to work with.

Guest Guest

You already have a medical school...The Clinical Campus of SUNY Upstate Medical University on Robinson Hill.

That's all you're going to get.

@

We're NOT getting a Law School, but SUNY STONY BROOK IS! That's why they got $45 MILLION in the budget and we only got $3 million. Libous couldn't deliver. The $3 million is just to hold us over. The Long Island Republicans are too powerful. They not only take our school aid, but now our Law School. Well, actually, they have a failing law school down there that they can buy rather than start from scratch. It actually makes sense. See for yourself...

So this surprises you huh? Well wait until Paterson starts catering to his native hometown of Harlem :blink: Binghamton is going to see (or not see in Paterson's case) alot less money! NYC will always come first until the end of time.

Guest Guest

Actually if you read the article the school they wanted to by is not for sale... Stony Brook already has a Hospital/Medical School. I think this is part of the previous governors plan to make Buffalo and Stony Brook that Flagship Universities of the SUNY system. That means greater funding for Buffalo anf Stony Brook.

Guest jim boob
You already have a medical school...The Clinical Campus of SUNY Upstate Medical University on Robinson Hill.

That's all you're going to get.

@

What a retarded post :unsure::unsure:

@

Guest Guest
What a retarded post :unsure::unsure:

@

Not really. Upstate Medical has a good reputation.

I am not sure why anyone would pursue a law degree at BU.

I wouldn't go to a lawyer or a doctor who got a degree at some substandard school.

@

Archived