Tioga Downs Mailing

Guest Guest-Mick-*

Guest Guest-Mick-*

Got a mailing from Tioga Downs and on the front in big letters, "WE ARE HERE TO STAY!"

Well now isn't that special? Of course they're here to stay they got the big chunk they were looking for from the state and still taking the patrons for the rest. Nice work if you can get it, thanks NYS.

Guest past employees

Too bad all the past employees that they fired and laid off arent "here to stay". do you think they feel guilty because they put so many people out of work..nahh they dont care. For example, they have replaced the general manager 3-4 times since they opened and replaced the food and bev manager 5-6 times. Maybe they should stop listening to that sunglass salesman (mark pipher) and realize he has no clue. after all he cant even get liscensed for "some reason".. They should change their motto to: "WE ARE HERE TO STAY....BUT OUR EMPLOYEES ARENT!"

@

Guest Mandy

I know, I know i don't need a lecture, but can you win once in awhile? The machines are geared for their gain and your loss over and over, it's so obvious, why do I go?

I know I'm not the only one as you hear it up and down the rows, so how can they stay in business when they fleece the patrons every single day. As I said I know, I know, I'm hooked.

Guest Guest
I know, I know i don't need a lecture, but can you win once in awhile? The machines are geared for their gain and your loss over and over, it's so obvious, why do I go?

I know I'm not the only one as you hear it up and down the rows, so how can they stay in business when they fleece the patrons every single day. As I said I know, I know, I'm hooked.

The state has an 800 number to call if you need help with a gambling problem. I called once ( just for a joke ) and told the operator that , I was calling from Binghamton , I spent my whole paycheck on scratch offs and was broke.

Her reply , " there's a meeting in Syracuse next Tuesday :angry: .

Now how the hell am I getting to Syracuse ( is what I'm thinking at that point in time ) ?

I then asked her where I could get gas money from ? SHE HUNG UP ON !!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The great state of NY at it's best ..................

Guest Guest
The state has an 800 number to call if you need help with a gambling problem. I called once ( just for a joke ) and told the operator that , I was calling from Binghamton , I spent my whole paycheck on scratch offs and was broke.

Her reply , " there's a meeting in Syracuse next Tuesday :angry: .

Now how the hell am I getting to Syracuse ( is what I'm thinking at that point in time ) ?

I then asked her where I could get gas money from ? SHE HUNG UP ON !!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The great state of NY at it's best ..................

Maybe the operator was answering from India :blink:

@

Sure we got it, it's gambling.

Well get this, do you know how many gambling establishments pay off quite well?

There is a difference, guess most of you don't realize that from your posts, but there is.

Turning Stone is the closest and if it's the ony distance you can go, the wins are incredible, knowing when to stop is your problem not their's.

Now at Tioga, and I know you've heard this before, you can't gamble in NYS., only on the Indian Reservations.

Tioga is no different than machine scratch off tickets,same kind of payoff and the only kind in NYS. You can't compare Tioga Downs with any other establisment because it's not.

It's sad because gambling houses can be fun and you can win a lot of the time, and it's sad that Tioga is not the same, but people think it is like Turning Stone, Atlantic City etc., but it's a far cry from that, and all they do is take, take, take.

To me it's a dishonest business venture with of course the blessings of NYS>

Guest Guest
Sure we got it, it's gambling.

Well get this, do you know how many gambling establishments pay off quite well?

There is a difference, guess most of you don't realize that from your posts, but there is.

Turning Stone is the closest and if it's the ony distance you can go, the wins are incredible, knowing when to stop is your problem not their's.

Now at Tioga, and I know you've heard this before, you can't gamble in NYS., only on the Indian Reservations.

Tioga is no different than machine scratch off tickets,same kind of payoff and the only kind in NYS. You can't compare Tioga Downs with any other establisment because it's not.

It's sad because gambling houses can be fun and you can win a lot of the time, and it's sad that Tioga is not the same, but people think it is like Turning Stone, Atlantic City etc., but it's a far cry from that, and all they do is take, take, take.

To me it's a dishonest business venture with of course the blessings of NYS>

Well will wait to see on the first day of racing when they fall flat on their face as the employees say they are about 100 people short from this time last year, someone said the NEW gm made a comment saying, Racing no big deal I have done a 100 of these and never had a problem, we will see.

Guest Guest

Here is another good one for Tioga Downs, the new Human Resources Director made a comment one day, They were all in a meeting discussing the pay raises and she said well if they (meaning the employees working down on the floor) went to college they would be making more money, and NO ONE in that meeting defended the employees. How sad is that considering if it was not for the small guys down on the floor there would be NO Tioga Downs or a Human Resources Director, so she should be thankful for that little guy or gal down on the floor and get her head out of her a--.

@

Archived