Sheriff Harder

Guest Guest

Guest Andy Taylor
Why the hell would anyone want a camp chair with someone elses name on it anyway. Harder's ego needs to be checked.

Why??? It's the kind of camp chair an upwardly mobile deputy sits in when looking for a promotion or "special" assignment.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Broome County is a Municipal Corporation...read the CHARTER.

Main Entry: municipal corporation: a public corporation created by law to act as an agency of administration and local self-government

Corporation: a body formed and authorized by law to act as a single person and endowed by law with the capacity of succession : an entity recognized by law as constituted by one or more persons and as having various rights and duties together with the capacity of succession

Are you an accomplice?? I must ask at this point.

You're a wanna-b and if your butt is as big as your mouth, it won't fit in one of those chairs.

Do you honestly think Harder will be charged with what your posting? If so? Keep believing that until the cows come home - you tool.

Guest Guest
Broome County is a Municipal Corporation...read the CHARTER.

Main Entry: municipal corporation: a public corporation created by law to act as an agency of administration and local self-government

Corporation: a body formed and authorized by law to act as a single person and endowed by law with the capacity of succession : an entity recognized by law as constituted by one or more persons and as having various rights and duties together with the capacity of succession

Are you an accomplice?? I must ask at this point.

A municipal corporation is the legal term for a local GOVERNING body, including (but not necessarily limited to) cities, counties, towns, townships, charter townships, villages, and boroughs. Municipal incorporation occurs when such municipalities become self-GOVERNING entities under the laws of the state or province in which they are located. Often, this event is marked by the award or declaration of a municipal charter.

Again, the law you're referring to states, "the money of another person", it doesn't apply here.

I must ask at this point - if you're retarded?

It is the kind of chair 8 sheriff deputies can sit in after they beat up a 125 lb, 25 year old, blond girl, and watch her put on an orange jump suit, tie her to a chair and have their way with her, while they smoke a cigarette kind of chair.

Then say she was belligerent and would not cooperate with them.

This brother hood of police is pathetic!!!!!!

We need new blood!

Why was the check written for the chairs? Fiala should stop trying to deflect the blame and stand up and take it. Her department should be on the "hot seat" also!!!!

Guest Guest

Ill vote for him. he stands up for himself and is tough on crime. who cares if he used seized drug money to buy his workers a gift. who wouldnt want a boss who took care of his employees.

Guest thomas1
You would be shocked at the things that are bought by him using Inmate Commissary Funds, Budgeted Department Funds, ect. and where it is going!!!! And this has been going on for years!!! There's people in jail for less than what he has done, yep keep electing this Bafoon!

If there are questionable expenditures going through these funds, lets request a "Special Audit" Be done of these funds and move on>

Guest Guest
I like Sheriff Harder & voted for him but this isn't good. "They're the ones who make the drug busts. The staff is the ones that earned the money. They went out and worked for it". This is the fractured reasoning & justification for the man's decision to spend the money as he saw fit???? No no no no no. What if the staff in the tax collection office were afforded benefits along that same line of reasoning?

Yes indeed, "They went out and worked for it". However it appears that Sheriff Harder conveniently fails to mention that they ALL got paid to go out and work for it....it's called their job duties. The Sheriff is way out of line on this. He's better off simply admitting the mistake and letting the cards fall.

I like your reasoning. How about the fire departments helping themselves to any salvageable goods "found" at a fire? And a car mechanic helping themselves to anything left in your car? And a doctor helping themselves to your wallet while you are under anesthesia? The coat check clerk checking your coat pockets?

Guest Guest
I like your reasoning. How about the fire departments helping themselves to any salvageable goods "found" at a fire? And a car mechanic helping themselves to anything left in your car? And a doctor helping themselves to your wallet while you are under anesthesia? The coat check clerk checking your coat pockets?

Fire departments don't help themselves to anything. Any valuables found at a fire scene are reported and protected. I can't believe cops are trying to justify his illegal behavior.

Guest Guest
Fire departments don't help themselves to anything. Any valuables found at a fire scene are reported and protected. I can't believe cops are trying to justify his illegal behavior.

Ooops. You missed my sarcasm. We really need a "Sarcasm" icon. ;)

Guest Guest
He need to be fired....and charged w/ a felony..for theft

Yeah, except he didn't steal anything, retard.

He submitted a bill, and the county blindly paid it. That's not theft. It's stupidity on both parts.

It seems to me that money left over from crimes committed might be put to better use, maybe it should go to assist victims of crime?

Guest Guest

That is a sweeping generalization. I witnessed a local fireman remove something from a home and confronted him to turn it over and he did.

Guest Guest
Yeah, except he didn't steal anything, retard.

He submitted a bill, and the county blindly paid it. That's not theft. It's stupidity on both parts.

Ur the retard!!!

Guest Guest
It seems to me that money left over from crimes committed might be put to better use, maybe it should go to assist victims of crime?

What would Budda do?

Guest Guest

I don't think anyone is arguing that buying chairs was not the best use for that money. It most certainly should have gone elsewhere. The point is, it wasn't a criminal act, and the blame should be spread more evenly.

Guest Guest

I guess everyone that disagrees with a broome county sheriff is a stupid twit? People are entitled to believe what they want. I'm sure the sheriff knew he was operating on the fringes of the law. Maybe he should be finding ways to cut spending rather than wasting money on political gifts.

Guest Guest
I don't think anyone is arguing that buying chairs was not the best use for that money. It most certainly should have gone elsewhere. The point is, it wasn't a criminal act, and the blame should be spread more evenly.

did you read the part of the article that states" Broome County Attorney Joseph Sluzar said the purchase using proceeds from property seized from drug arrests is not permitted under federal guidelines." It sounds like he broke the law to me.

Guest Guest
did you read the part of the article that states" Broome County Attorney Joseph Sluzar said the purchase using proceeds from property seized from drug arrests is not permitted under federal guidelines." It sounds like he broke the law to me.

Then go make a citizens arrest stupid. Let us know how you make out with that.

Guest Guest
Then go make a citizens arrest stupid. Let us know how you make out with that.

yes we are all stupid retard twits. what a disgrace you have brought upon yourselves and to your department. way to go boys.

Guest Guest
After you take a look at what it costs to fight the war on drugs.

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

You may come to the conclusion that the money in question was not extra. A smart sheriff would of used it to continue the fight.

Any wonder why the entire legal system is against legalizing drugs? What? Kill the Golden Goose?

Yeah, so all the lazy, fat, 40 ounce drinking, baby producing, non taxpaying leaches can live better.

You're such a sad puppy. :( Although anonymous, I'm sending kind thoughts out to nameless, faceless you.

Archived