Graduation Gift$

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm curious, what is the 'usual' amount of a cash graduation gift these days? My kids haven't graduated yet, so I truly have no idea. We typically have at least 5 to 10 parties to attend each Spring, and I am curious as to whether the amount I give is average or too much.

So, BCV'ers, what do you typically give as a gift for:

Your teen's friends

Your relatives

I'm curious, what is the 'usual' amount of a cash graduation gift these days? My kids haven't graduated yet, so I truly have no idea. We typically have at least 5 to 10 parties to attend each Spring, and I am curious as to whether the amount I give is average or too much.

So, BCV'ers, what do you typically give as a gift for:

Your teen's friends

Your relatives

I don't go to a lot of graduation parties. When I do go I usually give $100 if it is a relative or $50 if it is a friends kid.

I agree with $50-$100 for relatives.

For friends or kids friends, I would give gift cards for Target or restaurants for the kids that are going away to college.

The amount would really depend on how well I knew the kids or their parents. $20 would be the minimum, but if it was my son's best friend I would give a lot more.

Guest guest

:rolleyes:

I don't go to a lot of graduation parties. When I do go I usually give $100 if it is a relative or $50 if it is a friends kid.

As a grandmother and a parent of a college student ( 2 different children) ; some years we get invited to lots of parties. I agree with the amount for the relative (if you can afford it; some people can't). However, for the friend's kids, the gift card was an excellent suggestion, and check and see if you have points on your credit card you can cash in for them, etc. etc.

I have also sent a welcome to college gift pack from the school they are going to attend. Just do a web search on the school and check out the bookstore, sometimes they have great ideas and the future student will really appreciate the extra time and thought you put in the gift.

Just a few suggestions, good luck!!!

Archived