Libous looks to increase more taxes

Guest Guest

NY State has robbed Peter to pay Paul for too many years.

These measures wouldn't be necessary if they had used original funding for transportation as it was intended. The gasoline tax, highway tolls and vehicle registration were all supposed to go for maintenance and repair. Instead, the funds were used for "other things" and now they can't figure out which taxes to raise to cover the shortage.

How about they cut their perks, benefits and pork spending. That should just about do it.

Guest Guest

thats all thes jerks want to do after all they make plenty of money off our backs a few more taxes wont hurt the way they eat!

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!

Guest Guest

The base pay Libous receives is only $79,000. Only a pathetic poor person would ever say that is "plenty of money." In fact, it isn't. It's nothing more than peanuts. Didn't you read that thread a couple weeks ago about how much money people in sales make in our area? They make real money, well into the 6 figures. People like Libous who make well below 6 figures, are losers who can't get real jobs. You can make fun of them for that, but you can't ever describe them as making "plenty of money."

Guest Guest

Who does this DELETED Libous thinks he is Libous you wouldnt dare to raise taxes you stupid slimeball i hope your DELETED is out of office when we vote you out!! dont even run for office again RESIGN LIBOUS!!!!

The base pay Libous receives is only $79,000. Only a pathetic poor person would ever say that is "plenty of money." In fact, it isn't. It's nothing more than peanuts. Didn't you read that thread a couple weeks ago about how much money people in sales make in our area? They make real money, well into the 6 figures. People like Libous who make well below 6 figures, are losers who can't get real jobs. You can make fun of them for that, but you can't ever describe them as making "plenty of money."

It's interesting that you specificaaly refer to his base pay. Is there some reason you don't want to mention what his annual NYS pay is??? Could it be because he makes so much more than that? What about his wife's salary with the State - hers is even more than his base pay.

Guest payroll

wow, you're scary. with stipends and committees he sits on, tom makes around 140,000 a yr. add the most generous retirement package available and free healthcare the rest of his life, that ain't too bad. he also has a guaranteed job as a "consultant" waiting for him if he ever loses. it will be for a company that may have received state work because of tom. he's not alone. everyone in his position does it. i can't believe anyone could be this naive.

wow, you're scary. with stipends and committees he sits on, tom makes around 140,000 a yr. add the most generous retirement package available and free healthcare the rest of his life, that ain't too bad. he also has a guaranteed job as a "consultant" waiting for him if he ever loses. it will be for a company that may have received state work because of tom. he's not alone. everyone in his position does it. i can't believe anyone could be this naive.

You said it all!! This is more reason for term limits.

Guest another guest

Wow! Naive doesn't begin to describe you! He also gets "lulus" for "leadership" positions (at the low end, which he is NOT, about 10G /year-also a daily reimbursment to be in Albany (no receipts necessary) a travel allowance etc. Plus he has his hand into a whole lot of other things, plus the nice STATE job (100+ G that his wife fell into, right out of the Broome Co health dept (I'm sure she was the most qualified!) Yeah, the 2nd home on Quaker Lake, plus the first home, the big SUV, al lthat points to tom's life of public service!

Guest Guest
Wow! Naive doesn't begin to describe you! He also gets "lulus" for "leadership" positions (at the low end, which he is NOT, about 10G /year-also a daily reimbursment to be in Albany (no receipts necessary) a travel allowance etc. Plus he has his hand into a whole lot of other things, plus the nice STATE job (100+ G that his wife fell into, right out of the Broome Co health dept (I'm sure she was the most qualified!) Yeah, the 2nd home on Quaker Lake, plus the first home, the big SUV, al lthat points to tom's life of public service!

Let's not forget to count the bribes - well, I guess a nicer term is "graft" that he is paid for directing state grants to his "supporters." In a good year, Tom probably socks away $200,000 in cash. Then the perks kick in. I thought the free Maines cottage was on Oquaga Lake. Does he have another on Quaker now?

@

Guest another guest
Let's not forget to count the bribes - well, I guess a nicer term is "graft" that he is paid for directing state grants to his "supporters." In a good year, Tom probably socks away $200,000 in cash. Then the perks kick in. I thought the free Maines cottage was on Oquaga Lake. Does he have another on Quaker now?

@Probably not. I stand corrected.

Archived