More hypocrisy from Press & Sun-Bulletin

Guest Too hot to print

Guest Too hot to print

I got this from the "Letters" editor of The Press & Sun-Bulletin last week. So far the letter has not run. Somebody is blocking it, eventhough somebody else approved it:

To: Ed not allowed

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:58:15 -0400

Subject: confirm letter please

Dear Mr. not allowed, Our editor would like to print the letter below. Please reply with your city of residence for printing, and to give us permission for publication. Thank you,

WE DON’T USE GREATER BINGHAMTON AS AN ADDRESS (This makes me laugh!!! Take a look at your daily newspaper. What does it say on the front page? It says they are based in "Greater Binghamton"! It's good enough for them but not for readers. Why doesn't The Press & Sun-Bulletin state they are only located in Vestal and Johnson City?)WHERE DOES HE LIVE?

Ed not allowed

Greater Binghamton, NY

To the Editor,

It has been over 100 days since the City of Binghamton signed a sales contract with Nexus Hospitality of Pennsylvania for the Binghamton Regency Hotel. Both the 60-day and the 90-day extensions of the contract have come and gone.

Since October of 2007 Mayor Matthew T. Ryan has been saying the sale will happen “soon”.

So far the City has not been paid by Nexus. Every day it loses money on the hotel through a $5,000 a month management fee, lost taxes, lost revenue from water and sewage, high utility costs, salaries, not to mention servicing a debt of some $5 million or so.

Meanwhile we are told Ronak Development, a New York-based company, says it is ready to buy the hotel immediately fro more money.

How long will the mayor and City Council hold the hotel for an out-of-state company? Will the mayor tell us, in the spirit of the transparency he promises, how much the city is losing on the hotel?

Why won’t they take the other offer on the table? Business is business. How much longer will Mayor Ryan do nothing?

Ed not allowed

Greater Binghamton

Deb Johnson

Editorial Assistant

Diversity Committee

Press & Sun-Bulletin

607-798-1336

dvandokkenburg@pressconnects.com

Guest Guest
I got this from the "Letters" editor of The Press & Sun-Bulletin last week. So far the letter has not run. Somebody is blocking it, eventhough somebody else approved it:

Dear Mr. not allowed, Our editor would like to print the letter below. Please reply with your city of residence for printing, and to give us permission for publication. Thank you,

WE DON’T USE GREATER BINGHAMTON AS AN ADDRESS (This makes me laugh!!! Take a look at your daily newspaper. What does it say on the front page? It says they are based in "Greater Binghamton"! It's good enough for them but not for readers. Why doesn't The Press & Sun-Bulletin state they are only located in Vestal and Johnson City?)WHERE DOES HE LIVE?

Ed not allowed

Greater Binghamton, NY

To the Editor,

It has been over 100 days since the City of Binghamton signed a sales contract with Nexus Hospitality of Pennsylvania for the Binghamton Regency Hotel. Both the 60-day and the 90-day extensions of the contract have come and gone.

Since October of 2007 Mayor Matthew T. Ryan has been saying the sale will happen “soon”.

So far the City has not been paid by Nexus. Every day it loses money on the hotel through a $5,000 a month management fee, lost taxes, lost revenue from water and sewage, high utility costs, salaries, not to mention servicing a debt of some $5 million or so.

Meanwhile we are told Ronak Development, a New York-based company, says it is ready to buy the hotel immediately fro more money.

How long will the mayor and City Council hold the hotel for an out-of-state company? Will the mayor tell us, in the spirit of the transparency he promises, how much the city is losing on the hotel?

Why won’t they take the other offer on the table? Business is business. How much longer will Mayor Ryan do nothing?

Ed not allowed

Greater Binghamton

Deb Johnson

Editorial Assistant

Diversity Committee

Press & Sun-Bulletin

607-798-1336

dvandokkenburg@pressconnects.com

Why don't you want to tell them where you live?

Why don't you bother to sign in when you post? And why are you so proud that you are afraid to give htem your address. Their policy is quite specific and I never have a problem following their guidelines.

Guest Guest
Why don't you bother to sign in when you post? And why are you so proud that you are afraid to give htem your address. Their policy is quite specific and I never have a problem following their guidelines.

Well, ed comes on here and on other online forums (to the tune of 40,000 posts and climbing) and rants and raves about issues surrounding Binghamton and the mayor - when he in fact does not live in Binghamton, work in Binghamton, own property in Binghamton or pay taxes in Binghamton. So he likes to use the term greater binghamton as a part of his bs in an attempt to "fool" some of the people to actualy believing that he lives here. He doesn't

You expect fairness from the Press? Check todays headline.

How that could pass as a headline, Clinton says Obama could win!

What a crock, what Liberal Crock. Spin my friend, Liberal spin.

Both were asked the same question, both answered the same for each. It wrote truth said in the body of the piece, but the headline implied only Clinton made that statement.

That parer is an embaressment of any normal thinking being.

Why wasn't that edited, why wasn't that scrapped? Why? Because Liberal is as Liberal does,THEY FAVOR OBAMA! Gee Mr. Stovall to obvious.

Guest Guest
I have given my address and phone number numerous times to the PSB.

I still do not understand why they can claim to be from Greater Binghamton but their readers cannot?

As far as I know the Press & Sun-Bulletin has no office or plant or anything in the City of Binghamton.

So then give them your address again and stop being so difficult . It seems pretty simply Ed ....

That's why most people can't stand you ... That's pretty simply too , because your an idiot ....

Guest Guest
You expect fairness from the Press? Check todays headline.

How that could pass as a headline, Clinton says Obama could win!

What a crock, what Liberal Crock. Spin my friend, Liberal spin.

Both were asked the same question, both answered the same for each. It wrote truth said in the body of the piece, but the headline implied only Clinton made that statement.

That parer is an embaressment of any normal thinking being.

Why wasn't that edited, why wasn't that scrapped? Why? Because Liberal is as Liberal does,THEY FAVOR OBAMA! Gee Mr. Stovall to obvious.

oh shad up you ingrate!

@

Guest Guest

I still do not understand why they can claim to be from Greater Binghamton but their readers cannot?

As far as I know the Press & Sun-Bulletin has no office or plant or anything in the City of Binghamton.

If you gave it to them numerous times, then why would you object to giving it to them this time?

their rules say they need an address - not a locale

@

Guest Guest

Good God you are an idiot! Send a letter to the Binghamton Press with the address of "greater Binghamton" and see it come back to you. "Greater Binghamton" is not an address you moron.

Guest Guest

You can claim to be from Greater Binghamton, what is stopping you. It just aint an address.

@

Archived