City water rip off nets $2,000,000 per year!!!!

Ed Arzouian

Guest Guest
I found this article snippet on Forbes.com http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/04/improveme...thisSpeed=15000 The Company has a local showroom on Front St in Binghamton at least i will help save us some money.

I already have a 1.6L toilet. How do I save money now? Should I use the California method?

"If it is yellow, let it mellow. If it is brown, flush it down"

!

Eighty-one percent increase since Ryan took offcie and the PSB keeps telling us 30%

See for yourself, files can be found attached to PSB story but not in it:

WATER & SEWER RATE, & CAPITAL FEE HISTORY

Water Rate Minimum Date

Changed per 100 cu ft

Water Bill

Dec-05 $1.65 $18.50

Dec-06 $1.65 $18.50

Apr-07 $1.80 $20.00

Aug-07 $1.95 $21.50

Dec-07 $2.10 $23.00

Aug-08 $2.10 $23.00

Dec-08 $2.73 $29.30

Apr-09 $2.99 $31.90

Read it and weep, fror $1.65 to $2.99, 81% increase!!!!!

So???

No comments on this, huh!

I'm not suprised. Far more important to bury the truth isn't it!!!

It won't get buried. It has been emailed to many people. It will be bumped all week long. Maybe we will pin it.

Guest Guest
It is right there in Black and White.

EIGHTY-ONE PERCENT (81%) INCREASE UNDER MATTHEW T. RYAN.

They won't say that, they didn't today, in fact The Press & Sun-Bulletin got it wrong again:

"Water review

Also at tonight's meeting, the council will consider a law that would require a review of the city's water rates every year. Currently, the water superintendent must review and, if necessary, recommend a change every other year.

The proposed change comes on the heels of the city's recent announcement that water rates will rise 30 percent later this year and 10 percent next year. The previous rate increase had been in 2006." - John Hill

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../804210346/1001

Clearly there were rates increases in 2007 as well........, three in fact.

Dec-06 $1.65 $18.50

Apr-07 $1.80 $20.00

Aug-07 $1.95 $21.50

Dec-07 $2.10 $23.00

Guest Guest
DELETED

But you dont even pay a water bill here! You dont live here - work here - own property here or pay taxes here. why would you possibly care anything about binghamton's water bill? Johnson City's water bill went up as much as Binghamton, and you live there. Why not complain about Harry Lewis and JC?

We, or course, know the reason why. you are obsessed with ryan and you do want to have an intimate relationship with him.

Guest Guest

Shall we review:

Ryan - moved into the City ONLY to run for office, although he does have City rental property that he presently resides in. Bet that on or before the last day of his term he's back to rural Maine.

James Dessauer - Still does not reside in the City and commutes to and from his home (Ithaca/Syracuse area) and his work hours reflect this. Also, brings on board a Syracuse based non profit for city housing development. His title should be Director of Planning, Housing, & Not My Community Development

Andrew Block - Moved here from somewhere else. City taxpaying homeowner? Doubt it. Permanent resident? Doubt it.

Ken Frank - Moved from somewhere to reside in Vestal to work for the City of Binghamton?

Tarik Abdelazim - Purchases a bargain priced Pennsylvania Ave lot from his employer, the City, intending to build a straw bale house and increase the land value/tax value. Newsworthy story at the time...where the house?

Lea Webb lives on the Southside and was elected on North Side where she doesn't live.

Dara Silberstein controlled Civil Service Commission to waive the residency requirement for the Personnel & Safety Director position.

And finally, would Mr Abdelazim be willing to provide the actual number of non City resident Fire Department personnel? You know, those who probably reside in volunteer fire fighter districts, and choose not to pay a penny back to their employer helping to keep it fiscally viable.

Residency Mr Abdelazim? Find a better excuse NOT to explain your misguided generosity with my hard earned tax dollars. This administration is mostly comprised of persons from somewhere else. It is not transparent, it is agenda focused and not for the greater good, it has become divisive, and in many ways, inept. And, this Fire contract debacle proves that it is once again business as usual for the tax payers and the good 'ol boys in blue. You had a chance to make a significant difference and set the ship on a better course and you blew it, just as you did with the neighborhood assemblies.

See, even trying to divert the topic from the 81% increase in water rates under Matthew T. Ryan gets you into trouble.

Guest Guest
But you dont even pay a water bill here! You dont live here - work here - own property here or pay taxes here. why would you possibly care anything about binghamton's water bill? Johnson City's water bill went up as much as Binghamton, and you live there. Why not complain about Harry Lewis and JC?

We, or course, know the reason why. you are obsessed with ryan and you do want to have an intimate relationship with him.

Granted Ed is over the top with his insanity about Ryan.

On this topic, however, he is right.

I moved into the city in 2004. My first few water bills (two family, three bills per year) were around $80 each.

They've been climbing ever since right after the first year, and now they're in excess of $210 each.

WTF??????

Guest Guest
On this topic, however, Ed is right.

I moved into the city in 2004. My first few water bills (two family, three bills per year) were around $80 each.

They've been climbing ever since right after the first year, and now they're in excess of $210 each.

WTF??????

Under Matthew T. Ryan's mismanagement your water rates have already gone up 27% in a year and half, they will go up another 30% this August and another 10% next August for a compounded total of 81%.

Guest Guest
Eighty-one percent increase since Ryan took offcie and the PSB keeps telling us 30%

See for yourself, files can be found attached to PSB story but not in it:

WATER & SEWER RATE, & CAPITAL FEE HISTORY

Water Rate Minimum Date

Changed per 100 cu ft

Water Bill

Dec-05 $1.65 $18.50

Dec-06 $1.65 $18.50

Apr-07 $1.80 $20.00

Aug-07 $1.95 $21.50

Dec-07 $2.10 $23.00

Aug-08 $2.10 $23.00

Dec-08 $2.73 $29.30

Apr-09 $2.99 $31.90

Read it and weep, fror $1.65 to $2.99, 81% increase!!!!!

Interesting that the PSB won't use all these numbers.

Guest Guest
Shall we review:

Ryan - moved into the City ONLY to run for office, although he does have City rental property that he presently resides in. Bet that on or before the last day of his term he's back to rural Maine.

James Dessauer - Still does not reside in the City and commutes to and from his home (Ithaca/Syracuse area) and his work hours reflect this. Also, brings on board a Syracuse based non profit for city housing development. His title should be Director of Planning, Housing, & Not My Community Development

Andrew Block - Moved here from somewhere else. City taxpaying homeowner? Doubt it. Permanent resident? Doubt it.

Ken Frank - Moved from somewhere to reside in Vestal to work for the City of Binghamton?

Tarik Abdelazim - Purchases a bargain priced Pennsylvania Ave lot from his employer, the City, intending to build a straw bale house and increase the land value/tax value. Newsworthy story at the time...where the house?

Lea Webb lives on the Southside and was elected on North Side where she doesn't live.

Dara Silberstein controlled Civil Service Commission to waive the residency requirement for the Personnel & Safety Director position.

And finally, would Mr Abdelazim be willing to provide the actual number of non City resident Fire Department personnel? You know, those who probably reside in volunteer fire fighter districts, and choose not to pay a penny back to their employer helping to keep it fiscally viable.

Residency Mr Abdelazim? Find a better excuse NOT to explain your misguided generosity with my hard earned tax dollars. This administration is mostly comprised of persons from somewhere else. It is not transparent, it is agenda focused and not for the greater good, it has become divisive, and in many ways, inept. And, this Fire contract debacle proves that it is once again business as usual for the tax payers and the good 'ol boys in blue. You had a chance to make a significant difference and set the ship on a better course and you blew it, just as you did with the neighborhood assemblies.

See, even trying to divert the topic from the 81% increase in water rates under Matthew T. Ryan gets you into trouble.

and yet you dont even live here - own property here or pay taxes here (nor work here by the way even though you pretend to).

so the question would remian - why do you care? why do you post over 40,000 times about a mayor and city you dont live in?

and yet you dont even live here - own property here or pay taxes here (nor work here by the way even though you pretend to).

so the question would remian - why do you care? why do you post over 40,000 times about a mayor and city you dont live in?

I care and I live here and pay taxes here!! Why do you care Ed doesn't live here when half the administration doesn't live here? I know!!! Because you're a liberal butt wipe!!! :wacko:

Guest Guest

isn't it odd that water money is missing after dessuaer is hired.

Guest Guest

that is exactly why we need Attorney General Cuomo and State Comptroller DiNapoli to get over here and investigate and audit the books.

@

Guest Guest
It isn't odd at all. That's what Dessauer does.

Where is the $125,000 Lupardo gave Ryan for the Southside Commons Project?

good question.

Archived