legion baseball

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

:lol:

will there be any legion baseball try outs? times and locations requested

No tryouts. If you did not play high school ball then you might as well go find a job for the summer.

:lol:

No tryouts. If you did not play high school ball then you might as well go find a job for the summer.

You can tryout for Post 82....they are going to need some bodies......go AAU!

Guest Guest
You can tryout for Post 82....they are going to need some bodies......go AAU!

AAU......are you kiddin me? That is some funny shit bro......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Guest Guest

All of Endicott Legion team Post 82 and 1700 will field very few kids....everyone is playing travel and they don't want to play for the Legion coaches......

Guest Guest
All of Endicott Legion team Post 82 and 1700 will field very few kids....everyone is playing travel and they don't want to play for the Legion coaches......

Travel is overated and dull. The real baseball players legion ball, that is the when it has been and always will be.

Guest Guest
Travel is overated and dull. The real baseball players legion ball, that is the when it has been and always will be.
Nice try......won't work

Guest Guest
Nice try......won't work

Actually it will. Ask anyone around Broome County what is more competitive. Legion ball or Travel soccer, uh, I mean baseball. Do they have a travel baseball world series, states, regionals. That would be a no. Take your medicine.

'the real baseball players legion ball, that is the when it has been and alwaays will be'

nice :huh:

Guest Guest
'the real baseball players legion ball, that is the when it has been and alwaays will be'

nice :huh:

I agree. Legion ball has always been a powerhouse of a league. Kids look forward to it for many reasons, competition being one of them. If kids want to travel tell them to go with my or dad to the beach.

Guest Guest
Actually it will. Ask anyone around Broome County what is more competitive. Legion ball or Travel soccer, uh, I mean baseball. Do they have a travel baseball world series, states, regionals. That would be a no. Take your medicine.

Well stated............................... :lol:

Guest Guest

ECTB does.

Guest baseball fan
ECTB does.

Legion doesn't offer college recruiting exposure like travel does. Kids that want to play at next level have to go where recruiters go to get looks. No one is coming to Broome Cty to see anyone....plus some of these legion coaches stink,know nothing,lazy, and think they are baseball guys...and worse yet can't get along w/ school coaches.....bums....legion this yr will be so rotten as many are playing travel or going off to play in showcases...they will have to bring up jv kids just to field varsity rosters...... good luck. any team up here that wins districts will gat bitch slapped in states. If you just want to play a few games and have fun against marginal competition .....play legion.

Guest Guest
Legion doesn't offer college recruiting exposure like travel does. Kids that want to play at next level have to go where recruiters go to get looks. No one is coming to Broome Cty to see anyone....plus some of these legion coaches stink,know nothing,lazy, and think they are baseball guys...and worse yet can't get along w/ school coaches.....bums....legion this yr will be so rotten as many are playing travel or going off to play in showcases...they will have to bring up jv kids just to field varsity rosters...... good luck. any team up here that wins districts will gat bitch slapped in states. If you just want to play a few games and have fun against marginal competition .....play legion.

98% of people who know anything about sports, baseball in particular, would disagree with that assessment. You must have a warp mind to think that is true.

Guest guest

Not everyone can afford to play on a travel baseball team. It costs alot to join and then factor in the hotel rooms, food, price of gas, etc., it is just way to expensive for the middle class family. Also, I know some kids that didn't play school ball and made a legion team.

Guest Guest
98% of people who know anything about sports, baseball in particular, would disagree with that assessment. You must have a warp mind to think that is true.

I know a lot about baseball and recruitment. First of all if the player is good enough, scouts will find him, regardless of their summer program. Legion baseball in the Northeast is good baseball. Although, I disaree with someone thinking that Legion ball in Broome County will get you noticed, sorry, but you won't. Same with travel ball, rarely do scouts attend a travel ball game or tournament. There are some good tournaments you might want to look into. Junior Olympic is one. This is usually heald in Florida or Arizona, and teams from all over the USA play. Many, many scouts attend, especially with the ages of the players are about the same age they get recrutied by colleges. There are Sr. and Jr. Wood National tournaments too. This too brings out the scouts. Now, the problem with a player from the Triple Cities. It is expensive to go to these, not only the entry fee, but the travel costs. But if you have a player who you feel is ready for the next level and getting lost playing in Binghamton, NY, do what you can to get the player noticed. My advice, and I have been around baseball a long time is to find where there are showcases set up like Perfect Game, and attend. These are loaded with both college and pro scouts. A good scout can always see the potential in a player. The last time I was at a Perfect Game event, there were easily 50 scouts in attendance. Look it, you don't get recruited by High School baseball, or Legion baseball, you get NOTICED by High School or Legion baseball. Nobody recruits a player by stats alone. What a scout is looking for is a player to be atheletic, fearless, hard working, good attitude, and coachable. Don't get me wrong here, you NEED skills too. But what happens when a kid gets a scholarship or drafted, the University or Pro Organization is theyremolds the player into the player they want. So a lot of what you are made up of as a High Schooler goes out the window at the next level. I agree with the poster that Legion baseball in Binghamton doesn't really bring out anybody but the players family and friends, or an occasional Local College coach or community college coach. If your a player who believes he is a NEXT LEVEL player, my advice is to go to a showcase event, and there you will see the type of players you need to stack up against to play at the next level. College and Pro baseball are not nice guys. This is thier jobs on the line, and they only want players that can make their program sucessful and most importantly keep their jobs. The Perfect Game has a web site: www.Perfectgame.com. It only takes one time to catch the eye of a scout, this without a doubt is the best avenue to do so. The writer above is correct, nobody wants to come to Binghamton to see a Legion game in the summer. This is not a knock against Legion baseball, or Binghamton, it's just a fact. Look around tell me who do you see?????? Good luck to all of you out there. If the next level of baseball what you truly want, go for it, do all you can. At least you can say you tried your best if it didn't work out. Baseball is a mean business, more dreams are ruined than made. See you all at the ball park.

Guest Guest
I know a lot about baseball and recruitment. First of all if the player is good enough, scouts will find him, regardless of their summer program. Legion baseball in the Northeast is good baseball. Although, I disaree with someone thinking that Legion ball in Broome County will get you noticed, sorry, but you won't. Same with travel ball, rarely do scouts attend a travel ball game or tournament. There are some good tournaments you might want to look into. Junior Olympic is one. This is usually heald in Florida or Arizona, and teams from all over the USA play. Many, many scouts attend, especially with the ages of the players are about the same age they get recrutied by colleges. There are Sr. and Jr. Wood National tournaments too. This too brings out the scouts. Now, the problem with a player from the Triple Cities. It is expensive to go to these, not only the entry fee, but the travel costs. But if you have a player who you feel is ready for the next level and getting lost playing in Binghamton, NY, do what you can to get the player noticed. My advice, and I have been around baseball a long time is to find where there are showcases set up like Perfect Game, and attend. These are loaded with both college and pro scouts. A good scout can always see the potential in a player. The last time I was at a Perfect Game event, there were easily 50 scouts in attendance. Look it, you don't get recruited by High School baseball, or Legion baseball, you get NOTICED by High School or Legion baseball. Nobody recruits a player by stats alone. What a scout is looking for is a player to be atheletic, fearless, hard working, good attitude, and coachable. Don't get me wrong here, you NEED skills too. But what happens when a kid gets a scholarship or drafted, the University or Pro Organization is theyremolds the player into the player they want. So a lot of what you are made up of as a High Schooler goes out the window at the next level. I agree with the poster that Legion baseball in Binghamton doesn't really bring out anybody but the players family and friends, or an occasional Local College coach or community college coach. If your a player who believes he is a NEXT LEVEL player, my advice is to go to a showcase event, and there you will see the type of players you need to stack up against to play at the next level. College and Pro baseball are not nice guys. This is thier jobs on the line, and they only want players that can make their program sucessful and most importantly keep their jobs. The Perfect Game has a web site: www.Perfectgame.com. It only takes one time to catch the eye of a scout, this without a doubt is the best avenue to do so. The writer above is correct, nobody wants to come to Binghamton to see a Legion game in the summer. This is not a knock against Legion baseball, or Binghamton, it's just a fact. Look around tell me who do you see?????? Good luck to all of you out there. If the next level of baseball what you truly want, go for it, do all you can. At least you can say you tried your best if it didn't work out. Baseball is a mean business, more dreams are ruined than made. See you all at the ball park.

Speaking of Perfect Game. If you watch this upcoming MLB draft on June 5, notice how many of the top players drafted will be pictured with Perfect Game uniforms or hats on. I guarantee most of them will.

@

Guest baseball observer

Recruiters stopped going ot Legion tournaments liek the World YOuth Classic when the age limit went up for Legion. Most of the top players are already signed or SRs. No use spending time on players not available. The coaching at the legion level in Broome County is basically poor and the infighting and politics are horrendous. As soon as a few top player leave a for a travel team it leaves the rosters depleted. The days of decent Legion baseball are over. The Legion organiation and coaches can blame themselves.

Guest Guest
Recruiters stopped going ot Legion tournaments liek the World YOuth Classic when the age limit went up for Legion. Most of the top players are already signed or SRs. No use spending time on players not available. The coaching at the legion level in Broome County is basically poor and the infighting and politics are horrendous. As soon as a few top player leave a for a travel team it leaves the rosters depleted. The days of decent Legion baseball are over. The Legion organiation and coaches can blame themselves.

So true, esp for post 1700

Guest guest
will there be any legion baseball try outs? times and locations requested

Why don't you call the legions in your area and ask who the coaches are of the teams they sponser and then give them a call about tryouts. I would say they will start in June when school ball is almost over with.

Archived