Rossi's pizza Endicott workers thugs

Guest pizza lover

Guest pizza lover

The pizza is pretty good- but my god Mr Lenzo hire some clean people. It looks like he went to Carroll Street and hired DELETED from Washington ave in Endicott. The place looks like a Thugeria!!. I am not buying my pizza there anymore as these employees look like they could be infested with HIV or hepatitis. He has to be able to find better help than that. Lenzo- you are a smart man and probably profitable- but you are losing some of the Italian customers but gaining the trash that is growing in the northside. THe place can use a duster once and a while too.

Guest Guest_northsider_*

No thugs? You are joking right? I am shocked that they get the amount of people they do. Lanza hires scum and then fires them at the drop of a hat. one time- one of his employess made a mistake with a pizza and he lit into him right in front of the customers. That was the last time i bought pizza there. The place has gone down hill- Its not an italian establishment at all. I can't stand people places using 'italian" as a place likethat. Everything in there including the pizza is very American. Again- still shocked that they get the peole that they do. it just shows you the low lifes that live in this area.

Guest Patricia

Mr. Lanza went to high school/college with my son. I cannot speak highly enough of him. If he is hiring scum, as you say, it could be because it is difficult to get people to work in this type of business, at this level of pay. I've never seen "scum" there, myself. Maybe I just go on the good days? So, he lights into an employee -- out of frustration?? -- and you say you won't go there anymore. Gee, make up your mind. MAYBE he is trying to raise the level of work he is getting from these employees?

The food? I'm not Italian, but my husband is...and our biggest problem with Rossi's is that we we can't decide what to get, so we get it all. The pizza, the chicken, the hot wings...whoa...delicious!

You are right about the neighborhood going downhill. Maybe John has a plan in the future for relocating? Meantime, he's got our business. He's a good guy, and I wish him well.

Guest johnny pizza

The pizza is good if you are looking for sheet pizza and lanza is a good guy- but I do have to agree that his help is kind of questionable. He has a goldmine so I guess it works. If I owned the place- I probably would have higher standards in the help. But all in all- he has alot of customers so that is what counts.

Guest Patricia
The pizza is good if you are looking for sheet pizza and lanza is a good guy- but I do have to agree that his help is kind of questionable. He has a goldmine so I guess it works. If I owned the place- I probably would have higher standards in the help. But all in all- he has alot of customers so that is what counts.

Funny...I was just telling my daughter about this thread and she said pretty much what you just said. Maybe this site is good in that John will see it and give more thought to his employees. (Though, my daughter doesn't remember seeing "scum" there...and believe me, she's fussy.) Must be a big turnover, maybe?

Funny...I was just telling my daughter about this thread and she said pretty much what you just said. Maybe this site is good in that John will see it and give more thought to his employees. (Though, my daughter doesn't remember seeing "scum" there...and believe me, she's fussy.) Must be a big turnover, maybe?

Great sheet pizza at Rossi's- the help is so so- except the one girl who has worked there for the past 10 yrs I would say. She always has a smile on her face and looks clean compared to the other staff. I know of people that have stopped going there though. I still go every now and then. Perfer Nick's pizza or Consol's to be honest- but htats my opinion

The problem with Rossie's is the inconsistency between the Endicott and Johnson City locations. JC isn't nearly as good at Endicott. As far as the employee's -- they look like average high school kids to me. Like any other pizza place in the country.

The reason that the JC and Endicott locations taste differently is because John does not own the JC store.

It is a franchise.

Nirchi's are franchises and they're pretty uniform.. You'd think with only two location they could have similar tastes.

They have gone downhill for sure. Can't get the food out in time, terrible phone skills, all signs of poor personnel management.

What did you expect? It's Endicott - the cesspool of Broome County.

both store use the same product for all sauces and dough. The only difference is the cheese and ovens. The owner in jc buys directly from endicott for sauce. People Like JC and people like Endicott. And by the way their are 3 locations now with a new stored that opened in Owego a few weeks ago.

The name is LANZA. There are no "thugs" at Rossi's Pizza. If you don't like it, don't eat there, DELETED. Pretty simple fix.

Who cares? This is a public forum. The pizzaria in question is a public venue. If people want to comment on it, that is their right.....and on top of that, they won't go there. How's that?

Mr. Lanza went to high school/college with my son. I cannot speak highly enough of him. If he is hiring scum, as you say, it could be because it is difficult to get people to work in this type of business, at this level of pay. I've never seen "scum" there, myself. Maybe I just go on the good days? So, he lights into an employee -- out of frustration?? -- and you say you won't go there anymore. Gee, make up your mind. MAYBE he is trying to raise the level of work he is getting from these employees?

The food? I'm not Italian, but my husband is...and our biggest problem with Rossi's is that we we can't decide what to get, so we get it all. The pizza, the chicken, the hot wings...whoa...delicious!

You are right about the neighborhood going downhill. Maybe John has a plan in the future for relocating? Meantime, he's got our business. He's a good guy, and I wish him well.

Cardinal Rule of Effective Employee Management:

Praise in public, criticize in private.

Any store owner or manager who rats out his help in front of the customers is indeed a jerk. Someone like that will not be able to keep decent help. Then he has to constantly "light into" the help, continuing the cycle.

All managers get frustrated. It comes with the job. Using is as an excuse for poor management skills is lame.

The scum that has invaded the Northside of Endicott frequents Rossi's day and night for cigarettes and beer. It's faster and has closer parking than Pricechopper.

So it's become a mecca for the druggies and welfare mothers.

I love JC Rossi's!

JC Rossi's is great as are all of the personnel there. I like my pizza and wings a certain way and order it that way and have never been disappointed. Prior to Rossi's opening in JC, there were no good places to get pizza in JC. Keep it up Rossi's.

JC Rossi's is great as are all of the personnel there. I like my pizza and wings a certain way and order it that way and have never been disappointed. Prior to Rossi's opening in JC, there were no good places to get pizza in JC. Keep it up Rossi's.

While it's nowhere as good as it was 20 years ago, Brozzetti's is infinitely better than Rossi's.

Guest Disgusted at Nick
Great sheet pizza at Rossi's- the help is so so- except the one girl who has worked there for the past 10 yrs I would say. She always has a smile on her face and looks clean compared to the other staff. I know of people that have stopped going there though. I still go every now and then. Perfer Nick's pizza or Consol's to be honest- but htats my opinion

Nick is a pompous and arrogant DELETED, and he makes inappropriate remarks to his female customers, especially if they are attractive. He can be a real jerk---he is also very cheap, you have to wander aroud his restaurant just to find parmesian cheese. He makes ridiculous comments when you ask him for something. Luckily the help there is decent.....but he is a jerk.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived