Deer repellents that work well for us

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

While watching a few deer bypass our back yard and head for the neighbor's shrubs this morning, I thought I should pass along a suggestion for anyone having a problem with deer. The last few years, we've been using a combination of two repellents that's worked well for us. The first one is Tree Guard, which is an extremely bitter spray that goes on the shrubs. (Trust me, you don't want to stand downwind when you spray it!) You can't buy it locally, so I order it online from Yardiac. The second one is Deer Scram, which is a powder that you put on the ground around the shrubs. Agway carries it. It's from a company here in Binghamton, actually. Unfortunately, both of them are pretty expensive.

This year was the proof for me. I didn't get around to applying them in the late fall when I normally do. After the first snow, there were dozens of tracks in the yard every time I looked. I did finally apply them during a break in the weather. Within a week, that was end of the tracks for the rest of the winter.

Archived